Rate Dr. David L. Phreaner

Dr. David L. Phreaner's Ratings

I've been seeing Dave Phreaner for about a decade. I have had overwhelmingly positive experiences. Listens carefully. Thoughtful, pleasant guy.

Submitted Feb. 21, 2013 | flag

I highly recommend Dr. Phreaner. I have sen him for over 10 years, and have never had a complaint. About 5 years ago, i had an issue that we could not figure out, and he was relentless in trying to diagnose out what was wrong with me - to the point of calling me one evening to ask about some symptoms as he was at home doing more research. He pushed with tests and referrals to other specialists for 9 months until we finally had a diagnosis, then sat and explained to me what exactly was going on. Fantastic. Another instance that stands out: I had called late one afternoon to book an appointment. I explained to his receptionist what was wrong, and she put me on hold. A couple of minutes later he came on the line and asked me to come to the office right then, they would stay after hours so he could see me immediately. Turns out it was a false alarm, but the staff members that stayed behind to assist him were all extremely polite, even though they stayed late for me.

Submitted Jan. 28, 2013 | flag

Submitted Feb. 7, 2012 | flag

About 10 years ago I thought Dr Phreaner had been banished to another town. Dr. Phreaner missed a liife threatening illness (TTP)(believe it stands for Thrombothrombotic Pupura)in my son that caused him to pass out in Canada, caused his hemoglobin count to go down to almost nothing and the platelets to clot. Dr. Phreaner had told my son twice he had a virus and to take aspirin and go to bed--no blood tests and said ok to go to Canada for a wedding. Thank heavens the wedding was in a town that had a world renown specialist who could treat the advanced illness. Blue Cross had to pay several weeks of out of country emergency and ICU and medical flight home costs as well as many months of treatment in CA. DO NOT TRUST THIS DOCTOR TO DIAGNOSE ANYTHING IMPORTANT. After reviewing the medical records, the canadian doctors and insurance quality control specialists said this lifethreatening illness should have been diagnosed in the beginning by Dr. Phreaner. He was rude and showed no concern.

Submitted June 27, 2011 | flag

Dr. Phraener came recommended to me when I was seeking a primary care physician. It took more than three months to get the initial appointment (follw-ups are much quicker), but it was worth the wait. He spent a halfhour with me, asked detailed questions, shared his knowledge, answered all my questions in clear, strong, friendly, understandable language. He took all the time we needed to establish a good working relationship. I felt very comfortable. In only one instance was I hesitant to use him--a gynecology exam, and he was sensitive to that. He recommended a woman in the clinic if I preferred. I also had some concerns about spots on my body; unlike anyone before he took the time to explain that they were definitely not pre-cancerous, but were instead blood vessels that had simply gone up (to the skin) rather than parallel to it. I came away from the appointment impressed. I cannot recommend him highly enough, but he nearly at his maximum number of patients. I'm glad I'm now one.

Submitted May 13, 2011 | flag

I have know this doctor for many years, over 10 and he is good. I have had problems with his staff but Dr. Phreaner is always professional and very helpful. He is a likable person.

Submitted July 29, 2010 | flag

Very nice demeanor. Explains everything very clearly, especially the various options for treatment.

Submitted June 15, 2009 | flag

Dr. Phreaner, Both you and Dr. Thomas Hamilton need to get rid of RUDE Receptionist Help! They need to treat the patients when on the phone with the same kind respect we give them, and when we arrive for our appts., they need to NOT ignore we have arrived! It's a wonder you do NOT know the receptionist for both your office and Dr.Thomas Hamilton's office act the SAME RUDE WAY...AND they don't even tell you they've made us wait 15 mins. or more before the Nurse is known we have arrived, therefore it looks like WE are late when we are NOT! Please Get Rid of these RUDE Girls! With the economy the way it is now, these RUDE girls should be thanking their Lucky Stars they HAVE a job...FIRE THEM AND HIRE GIRLS WHO WANT TO WORK IN THE ENVIRONMENT YOU MOLDED SO WELL Dr. Phreaner! You are a good Dr.! NOBODY wants to be your new patients because of these RUDE GIRLS!

Submitted Feb. 6, 2009 | flag

Very nice guy. Keeps up with the medical science. Willing to listen to symptoms, and offers information in a way a layperson can easily understand. Some of the shortest waiting room times I've experienced, and typically can book an appt quickly (sometimes even the same day). He sometimes seems a bit rushed, but, that's the norm with managed care these days. As an aside, he reminds me a bit of Jeff Daniels (the film actor).

Submitted April 18, 2008 | flag

Dr. Phreaner has been my physician for nearly 5 years and throughout several hospitalizations. He is a very good doctor, thorough and polite. However, his office staff, especially Gina are incredibly rude and judgmental. Gina often rolls her eyes or asks prying and unnecessary questions, many times inserting her unqualified opinions into conversations in which I am merely trying to make an appointment. She is a huge liability to the office and Dr. Phreaner. I would not recommend this doctor solely on the basis of his office staff.

Submitted April 12, 2007 | flag