Rate Dr. Jerry A. Black

Dr. Jerry A. Black's Ratings

Dr. Black is fantastic. He has taken great care of both my children since their birth and even took the time out his busy day to call me personally to address a concern I had regarding my infant son. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Black. I HIGHLY recommend him to any new mother or mother interested in a caring and considerate pediatrician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2039349].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2010

Great first impression, seems really knowledgeable, pleasant personality, and our son seemed to love him. We were referred to him by two other families, who like his common sense attitude (your kid is in daycare - yeah, he will get sick, and you can't do much against a cold).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2039348].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2009

Really surprised by the negative post below. Both my children love Dr. Black and my husband and I are very confident in his abilities. He has seen both of my kids since birth and is always knowledgeable and patient. Always takes the time to answer every question I have (and I come in with LISTS) and never makes us feel like we're wasting his time. Always ready to refer us to specialists if there are any questions or concerns that he cannot address. Great bed-side manner to both parents and kids.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2039347].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2008

I don't know the situation in the previous post, but I think Dr. Black is a fantastic doctor. I have quite a few friends who go to him and they have said the same thing. In fact many of them have switched to him from other physicians and they are very happy. Wonderful bedside manner, answers questions in detail, does not rush you even though he is at busy clinic. Staff is great and accomodating. I trust my daughters life with this doctor without question, and I have been around the "medical block" a few times in my life and know a good doctor when I see one.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2039346].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2006

Incompetent. In emergency failed to carry out needed intervention of medically fragile child; who was his patient. This child died due to a series of lack of intervention so severe it is shocking. He was one of 3 local Dr.s involved in not following through on an emergency plan designed by group of Drs. to insure this patient would be immediately admitted to PICU while awaiting airlift to CHLA (which provided excellent care for 10 years). I would warn every parent with a child who has any medical need that must be taken seriously to avoid this physician. He apologized after our beloved child died. But an apology does not bring our dead child back to us.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2039345].votes_count ]]