Rate Dr. Edward C. Spoon

Dr. Edward C. Spoon's Ratings

The front staff was horrible. They don't let you know if the doctor is on time or running late. They also hold private conversations while you are standing there waiting. The waiting room area is very dirty and smells. The nurse was very nice. I really liked doctor spoon until the end of my pregnancy. I ended up being delivered by another doctor since dr spoon/ staff didnt think it was time to deliver. My new OB's office is very clean. Also he has a very helpful board behind the front desk, telling you if the doctor is on time, running late or at the hospital. I won't be going back to dr. Spoon for my next pregnancy.

Submitted Sept. 28, 2013 | flag

Dr spoon is the best! We moved here expecting our first child and after trying a different obgyn I switched to dr spoon! And I have no regrets! He's very professional and a caring doctor! He is great and I would recommend him to anyone! Thank you dr spoon for a great end of pregnancy experience and a great delivery! You were fantastic and sensitive and I appreciate you!!

Submitted Sept. 19, 2013 | flag

Dr. Spoon delivered my first child. He is a great doctor, always friendly and makes you feel really comfortable around him. I had an emergency c-section and he was at the hospital within 30 minutes. LOVE Dr. Spoon!

Submitted Feb. 26, 2013 | flag

I chose Dr.Spoon to deliver my first baby after finding his ratings on this site. We were very nervous, but Dr. Spoon was ALWAYS so confident about everything, and this really put us at ease. He has such an excellent persona and makes you feel comfortable about the situation. I remember catching a cold during month 8, OVERLY concerned with my first born, it was awesome to have him call back within the hour. I never dreaded going to my appointments, even if my husband was unable to attend due to work or school. I will most definitely have Dr. Spoon deliver my other children, he is fantastic!! Never be afraid to ask him a question regarding your pregnancy, he is always happy to explain and address your concerns! The only downside is that he has a lot of patients and sometimes his appointments run longer at times, probably due to varying severity of one other appointment. Be patient, he's worth it ladies!

Submitted Sept. 21, 2012 | flag

The absolute best doctor! Best nurse's and caring enviroment! Dr. Spoon was so wonderful and kind to me every visit and there after. I feel very lucky to have found such a GREAT DR!!!!

Submitted March 18, 2011 | flag

I really liked him at first....but then I upset him by walking out of the office after 2 hours of waiting and being told "you are next" by his staff. I tried to explain to him on my next visit that I have to leave work to see him and although I completely understand that emergencies (and deliveries!) come up unexpected, I just need to be told the truth by his staff so I can set the right expectations with my boss & with myself (umpregnant woman in a doctor's office for 2 hours with no food..what?!?). Ever since then he has been rude, hasn't listened to my concerns, rushed me out of the office, and misdiagnosed me when I came to his office with pelvic pain. I really did like him at first, but it seems to me this doctor is one with quite the "ego" and I messed with that. On to the next doctor...

Submitted Jan. 15, 2011 | flag

I have been Dr. Spoon's patient since 2005. He took care of me during my pregnancy, and even though I was only 17 then, he listened, and answered all my questions without making me feel like a stupid kid. On my delivery day he went to see me at the hospital even though he wasn't schedule to be there. He delivered my son by C-section and took care of me every step of the way. After I had my son, I developed postpartum depression and he listened to all my problems and make me feel like there was a light at the end of the tunnel. He REALLY LISTENS and cares about what you have to say, which is hard to say about most doctors. HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM!!

Submitted July 9, 2010 | flag

I went to Dr. Spoon Monday and he is WONDERFUL! I waited 6 min in the waiting room and maybe 30 min in the back (but I had to go to his "office" first to meet, then the exam room) I had a mirena IUD to be taken out (and a annual exam) and the strings were missing (already knew they were gone) and he was willing to try to get it out without Surgery (most Dr's I called just said surgery" without even looking at me!) and he got it out! I'm so pleased with him. He has great bedside manner, very easy to talk to. I was in and out of there in a hour. The nurse was very sweet too!

Submitted June 18, 2009 | flag

Great doctor! I picked his as my new OB/GYN after reading the reviews on here. He took lots of time with me and took a very complete medical history, taking time to ask lots of questions and give me even better answers. His bedside manner was very gentle and he talked me through everything he was doing. So glad I found him.

Submitted May 18, 2009 | flag

I absolutely love Dr. Spoon. He delivered my son I would go to him with 20 more (that's not going to happen though). He was so great in every aspect. Mada me feel compfortable and taken care of.

Submitted Aug. 4, 2008 | flag