Dr. Manuel F. Delcharco

Grad. Year: 1991

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 20 reviews. Dr. Manuel F. Delcharco has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5552819
10/06/14 3 1 2 2 Dr Delcharco is a nice quiet dr, but you only see him about 2 times in your entire pregnancy. Most of the time you see a midwife. Some of the nurses are rude and act like I am inconvenience to them. As a first time mom I was scared into an induction with cytotec (which was absolutely awful and should be taken off the market completely). After 37 hrs of labor I ended up with a c section because of a whole list of excuses... My 2nd pregnancy I went back to them and asked about having a vbac and I was shot down immediately and told no. I fired them and hired a midwife.
RID: 4730401
04/02/14 1 1 1 1 I went to this place for 10 yrs for reg woman check ups / Mamo & etc. Once I TRUELY neded them as I became age 50 & had a HEALTH ISSUE ( breast mass ) they had NO INTREST in seeing me ... And RELEASED me as their patient ..... THIS DOCTOR IS insurance MONEY HUNGRY and out of 10 yrs NEVER seen the doc....Staff is VERY RUDE and yes your just a number like a bunch of Catle being hurdled ..... BUT WORTHLESS to them ONCE YOU BECOME ILL ...... Also DISCRIMINATES on AGE & insurance will take medicaid for young BUT NOT for 50 & older Reported them to medical board .... Is their even a doctor or do they just use the name ??
RID: 3609858
19/11/13 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient for 8 years. I stay with this office because Dr. Del Charco is not only great but the staff are as well. Even though new staff comes in once in awhile the service is still great. The nurses really care and do their best to help and are just as concerned for your health as for their own. Never had a problem and I have been through 3 safe healthy pregnancies and deliveries! The Dr. Listens to special requests during delivery such as leaving cord a minute or so longer for the health of baby and just an overall wonderful experience every time I visit. It means a lot for me to be able to look forward to my appointments instead of dreading them. Its good to have a good experience. I wouldn't be going back if it wasn't. Thank you to staff and the good Dr. Himself. Sincerely, Laura C.  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Manuel" to "Manuel F."
RID: 2535151
18/01/13 1 1 1 1 If you don't mind feeling like a a number in a system. Seeing a different doctor/nurse pretty much every time. If you don't mind an unfriendly staff. If you don't mind actually never meeting Delcharco himself. If you don't mind having your baby delivered by someone else. If you don't mind never being able to speak with someone on the phone. If you don't mind waiting sometimes an hour of more. If you don't mind getting random bills in the mail months after paid for procedures. THIS is the place for you!
RID: 1558243
11/10/11 1 1 1 1 Dr Delcharco was a great doctor back about 10 years ago - however, currently you don't get to see him to know if he is a good doctor ot not. His staff is rude - not helpful at all! I have changed doctors and would never refer anybody to him!
RID: 1500141
30/07/11 5 5 5 5 I was so impressed by Dr. DelCharco. He was caring and most knowledgeable. He can do so many differenct surgeries and procedures. He is a well-learned man. Has a great bedside manner. He will spend as much time with you as he has to and will answer any question you have. He is compassionate and makes you really feel special. His staff is wonderful...friendly and efficient and also knowlegeable about what they are doing. His PA assistant is the best. I hardly ever had to wait more than 15 minutes for my appointment. I felt my whole experience with the two surgeries I had and the follow-ups was better than I could have ever hoped to have.  Respond
RID: 1449984
25/05/11 5 5 5 5 Awesome doctor and staff...wait time was reasonable, office was clean, neat, and well organized. Everyone had a job to do and knew what to do. The P.A. as well as the doctor was friendly and knowledgeable. A plan was instituted and options given for me to consider, along with a follow up appointment. I was impressed with this doctor and highly recommend him.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1328197

05/01/11 1 1 1 1
RID: 1326649
04/01/11 1 1 1 1 DOCTOR DELCHARCO HIMSELF IS A REALLY GOOD DOCTOR. HIS STAFF ON THE OTHER HAND IS SOMETHING ELSE. HE DELIVERED MY 2ND CHILD AND THAT WENT WELL BUT AT EVERY APPOINTMENT I HAD A HARD TIME WITH HIS STAFF. THEY DON'T EXPLAIN ANYTHING TO YOU. THEY JUST EXPECT THAT YOU KNOW EVERYTHING WHAT TO DO AND WHEN AND THEN LOOK AT YOU CRAZY IF YOU DON'T DO IT. THEN ITS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THE NURSES TO CALL YOU BACK. AND THEN IF THEY DO ANSWER YOU, THEY PUT YOU ON HOLD FOR EVER.
RID: 1276676
21/10/10 5 5 5 5 I have found everybody in his office from the front desk staff all the way to Dr. Delcharco, to be very friendly and knowledgeable. He delivered both of my children and I have nothing but high remarks for him. Wonderful physician with a great bedside manner! I would highly recommend him and his associates.  Respond
RID: 1269240
11/10/10 4 1 3 3 The only reason I am able to give somewhat decent ratings is due to his Mid-Wife Jackie. Other than that, I felt i was treated poorly. When it came time for bloodwork, i was handed the paper to take with me but was never explained what to do or where to go?? NEVER got back to the exam room any sooner than an hour and a half after ariving to my appointment. Didnt even meet Delcharco until i was already 7 months into my pregnancy. I dont recommend him to anyone!
RID: 1264843
04/10/10 1 1 1 1 Terrible staff. Only there for their check. ($$$) Office staff needs to open their hearts. I would rate this place a zero if I could. I'm seven months pregnant and still haven't met the doctor. No one has discussed where the baby will be born. I have to do my own research for this pregnancy. Thankfully I have had no complications with this pregnancy.
See Responses
RID: 1192860
19/06/10 3 1 2 3 First of all When I was in labor the midwife left me and said she had other patients to attend too ( i was pushing) she said i wasnt ready all because the baby was too big and i needed to be cut. Luckily the nurse worked with me and 10 mins later she had to come back..I would be in the doc waiting room for over an hr because they scheduled too many people at the same time, all for them to have a 2 min visit with me..I will never go to this doctor again or recommend them to anyone.
RID: 974427
28/08/09 1 1 1 3 they had no personal attention to me. They were never on time. I fired this facility and paid the over $1200 which they only returned $459 back to me for nothing.. hearing my belly and measuring it... I would not recommend this facility that treats you like cattle. also when I had been going there for approx 4-5 months and nobody knew my name... how sad. I love my new Dr and go figure everyone knows my name after one visit. That is how you should be treated.
RID: 935162
13/07/09 1 1 1 1 At 6.5 months...something wasnt right with my pregnancy. DelCharcos office refused to see me because i didnt have an appointment. 2 days later my baby was dead. Cord around his neck TWICE.Next appointment the nurse asks me if im NURSING!?!This office is rude and hurtful and IMO responsible for my babys death!
RID: 924129
28/06/09 5 5 5 5 I will Never go to this Doctor again! I seen him only 3 times during my 9 months of pregnancy! he puts to much trust into his Midwives. was a I was full term but was a preemie(hello) he was shocked when my baby was delivered only because he wasn't prepared for this nor was I. He may be a good Doctor but, he has so many people in his office to do what a Doctor that your paying for should do. I live and work in Ocala, I have spoken to other moms about my experience to find I'm not the only one. When you are pregnant ask and talk to other moms about their Dr. and their experience. He failed as a Doctor!! I had absolutely no relationship with him. because I only seen Jackie!
RID: 792014
17/02/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Del Charco is the best Doctor I have ever had.He was very respectful and caring to me. I would and have been recomending him to eveyone woman I know. He office staff ia awesome.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 675569
28/08/08 1 2 4 4 The staff at this office is the WORST I have ever experienced. They are very uncaring and you have to leave 3-4 messages before the nurse will call you back. Dr D is WONDERFUL though, you just rarely get to see him b/c his practice is so big.
RID: 621810
19/06/08 5 4 5 5 He delivered both of my children. He was very caring and answered any questions or concerns for me. I would highly recommend.  Respond
RID: 19289
18/12/05 5 4 5 Not the most personable doctor, but I had the best care when I was pregnant. His office staff is outstanding also.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user