Dr. Gregory John

Seattle, Washington Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Internist / Geriatrician
Website: polyclinic.com/dr_g... External Link
Practice: Gregory John, M.D.
Hospital: Swedish Medical Center
Phone:206-860-2345
Med. School:University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Grad. Year: 1978

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 11/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 11 reviews. Dr. Gregory John has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Does he prescribe Marijuana.?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5552800
10/06/14 5 5 5 5 I am a 79-yr-old female; and I have been very happy with one or two previous doctors; but I have never been treated by a better doctor. He is incredibly thoughtful and thorough; and he treats me as if he cares about ME. Is there anything more to ask?  Respond

03/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.7
RID: 2552754
06/02/13 1 1 1 1 he didnt refer me to a speaclist when i needed one had over twenty visits with him never took my blood pressure knowing i has highblood pressuure i would not go back to him ever he is not what he appears to be
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2471812
11/11/12 4 4 5 5 Great Doctor. He will spend whatever time is needed to answer all you questions and concerns. If he is unsure about specific treatments for you illness, he will reccommend a specialist for you to see. I will advise anyone who is looking for a MD that Dr. John is the best.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 1531505
07/09/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. John has been my primary care physician for over 20 years. I have found him to be a very knowledgeable and caring physician. He always has time to talk about my concerns and clearly discusses any issues I raise. I am grateful to Dr. John and his staff for the way I am treated and the quality of care they provide. I actually look forward to our "visits".
RID: 1272570
15/10/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. John is terrific. I feel lucky to have him as my primary care physician. He listens and never seems rushed. He has always referred me to excellent specialists. I actually enjoy going to see him and he's always taken good care of me.
RID: 1077710
13/01/10 4 5 5 5 I've been seeing Dr. John for close to 20 years. He is the best Dr. I've ever had!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1017994
25/10/09 5 5 4 4 Dr. John is one of the best General Practitioners in Seattle. Realize though that he is not a specialist. So he won't have the same depth of knowledge that a specialist has. I go to him for general care or when I don't know the problem. If I think a condition is related to the heart, then I'll just skip the middle man and make an appointment directly with a cardiologist. I'm fortunate that my insurance allows me to do that.
RID: 967839
20/08/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. John was my doctor for more than 15 years. He takes the time to listen - and is never dismissive, has a wonderful manner, and always helpful. His nurse Gloria is also great. I was treated in his office and also during several hospitalizations. He was there every morning and evening making sure I was getting the care he prescribed. He works well with other specialists both inside and outside the Polyclinic to coordinate care. He is responsive to phone calls and times when you cannot make it in to the office but need some help or a prescription. Anyone would be lucky to have him as their primary care physician. I am only sorry I moved out of state and can not longer see him. I can only hope that I can find a physician as great as Dr. John in my new state, but I am not holding my breath because they are few and far between. Do not hesitate to choose Dr. John and allow time to develop the doctor patient relationship. Takes some time but well worth the investment. Best wishes.
RID: 695996
03/10/08 5 4 5 5 I have seen him for about 25 years. He has always resolved my health concerns. I would highly recommend him. He fights for your health. Very sensitive and caring and knowledgeable.  Respond
RID: 582216
30/04/08 4 5 5 5 I have be going to Dr. John for over 15 years. He is receptive and sensitive to my needs. He will come to see you if you are hospitalized, which is comforting and helpful with stress during my admittance. He was sensitive to my needs during a period I had no insurance and didn't make me feel like "if you get sick now-to bad, so sad". This is a doctor who can teach by example.  Respond
RID: 18044
03/12/05 5 5 5 MY DOCTOR IS CALM, ANSWERS ALL MY QUESTIONS, LISTENS TO MY CONCERNS AND IS ON TIME FOR MY APPOINTMENTS. HE IS RATIONAL, REASONABLE AND DEPENDABLE.  Respond