Dr. Merry L. Tetef

Grad. Year: 1987

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Merry L. Tetef has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Oncologist / Hematologist-related: cancer, lymphoma, anemia, sickle cell, breast cancer, lung cancer, melanoma, leukemia, blood disease, tumors, radiation, chemotherapy, CML
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

15/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.2

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Merry" to "Merry L."
RID: 2489870
04/12/12 5 5 5 5 Being diagnosed with breast cancer is a very scary thing. I am very glad I chose Dr. Tetef as my oncologist! Besides being very professional, she was very comforting, listened to my concerns, and explained everything I'd be going through. She even went so far as to have one of her patients contact me about her experiences with chemo. Her staff is very friendly and competent. I trust her with my life.
RID: 2480276
21/11/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Tetef is the best. Those two who rated her differently must have seen a different physician. I was able to reach her any time I needed to. I had some strange experiences with my chemo, and she took the time to research the possibly reasons why this happened, consulting other physicians as needed. I could not have asked for a better oncologist - I trust her with my life and you should, too. Her office staff has never failed to be kind, supportive, empathetic, and compassionate. Thanks for saving my life.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2013435
12/04/12 5 5 5 5 Incredible physician! She is very open about treatments and choices and really cares about her patients. I wish I were a better writer so I could express how much she did/does to make things right and how well she does it. Every time we leave her office I say how lucky we are to live where she practices. Nursing and office staff are very good as well - helpful and professional all the time.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1818068
29/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Tetef is absolutely the best! I wish I could go to her for all my medical needs. She explains everything in as much detail as you need, and her chemo nurses are very knowledgeable as well. The doctor and her entire staff are very compassionate, and understand how you feel while going through treatment. They are also helpful with the endless disability paperwork required by the state and various employers. You sometimes have to wait at office visits, but that's because Dr Tetef spends as much time with each patient as they need.
RID: 1701372
31/01/12 5 5 5 5 Doctor Tetef was recommended to me by two different surgeons. Doctor Tetef and her staff saved my life. Her advanced knowledge in the medical field, her compassion for people, her kindness, warmth, was more than I could of asked for. She has one of the best staffs you could ever ask for. They are also so kind and compassionate and know what they are doing. I am now " Cancer Free" and pray to god I stay that way. Doctor Tetef has a wonderful place where her patients who have to have chemo go to. It is a beautiful sunny, spot overlooking a lake. If you have to do it that is the place to go. Because of her advanced medical knowledge of chemo she recommended I do the chemo prior to surgery and it was the best thing I could of every done. Instead of having a huge tumor taken out and at least 14 lymp nodes my surgery was unbelivable. A very small area, and only the main node was taken because all my cancer was gone. You can't do better than that. Thank you so much Doctor Tetef.
RID: 1663232
16/12/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Tetef is the greatest. I wish I could see her for all my medical needs. She's kind, caring, and thorough. I select all my doctors carefully and quickly "fire" anyone who doesn't meet my needs, so I'm generally pretty satisfied with each of my doctors, but she stands head and shoulders even above the others I've selected.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1511245
12/08/11 5 5 5 5 Explained everything, extremely kind and comforting. Down to earth, brilliant! Highly recommend for all oncology patients.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1502109
02/08/11 5 5 5 5 I love DR. Tetef. She spent time with me explaining my treatment in detail during my first appointment with when my mind was still grappling with my cancer diagnosis. While I am 8 years post treatment and live out of state now, she usually gets back to me personally within 24 hours if I call the office with questions about a medical concern.
RID: 1480574
06/07/11 5 5 5 5 I have rated Dr. Tetef below but forgot to mention that I had chemo with her in summer 2010. Before the procedure I was very scared, but Dr. Tetef and her unbelievable nurses made my chemo experience very comforting and easy to the point that in a way I am missing my summer 2010 chemo procedures at her clinic. I hope that I don’t have to go through chemo procedures again, but Dr. Tetef has left me with good memories regarding my procedures and she has saved my life and I am so grateful to Dr. Carpenter for referring me to Dr. Tetef. I said it before and say it again that Dr. Tetef is the BEST BEST oncologist in the world. Dr. Tetef (and Dr. Carpenter) should be role models for all practicing doctors for their superb knowledge and superb bed-side manners.  Respond
RID: 1474471
28/06/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Tetef took her time going over my diagnosis, prognosis and question I had. Staff is professional and friendly.
RID: 1420234
19/04/11 5 5 5 5 Just through with first chemo. Dr. Tetef gives me hope every time I see her; very knwowledgeable, compasionate, strong and firm on what she knows. Vikki,the staff nurse is great and very caring.
RID: 1392307

20/03/11 1 1 1 1 By far the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. She is unavailable EVERY FRIDAY and 50% of weekends, as well as before 9am, from 12-2 and after 5pm. When I ended up in the ER after receiving round #1 of chemo, she was unavailable and never called to see what happened or how I was doing! Never. I switched oncologists that week. 0/5- just terrible.
RID: 1212839
21/07/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Tetef is an excellent doctor; caring and through. I have been seeing her for 4 1/2 years and am very happy to have her for my doctor. I am 100%cancer free!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 919520
22/06/09 5 5 5 5 Absolutely the best Dr. I've been to so far in terms of care, staff and bedside manner. Caring, concerned, listens. Absolutely NOT smug. I can't comment on the type of care because I've never been treated anywhere else, but she seemed hell bent on "curing" me. I'd recommend her to anyone and everyone.
RID: 684370
14/09/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Tetef is a progressive fighter in the world of cancer. I am glad she's on my side! I survived my chemo with minimal side effects thanks to her and her highly skilled staff. If you need the best oncologist in Orange County, she's the one to see.
RID: 548604
26/03/08 5 5 5 5 Dr Tetef made me feel safe and welcome in her office, never rushed, and always confident in her care.
RID: 497971
28/01/08 5 5 5 5 Odd that someone would call her smug and then rate her so highly. My experience was opposite; she was the first doctor I've ever had that asked me what I thought about my symptoms, and really listened to my responses. My experience with her and her staff was WONDERFUL, and I believe I am alive today because of her care.
RID: 427605
11/10/07 4 5 4 4 Very Smug Attitude, not willing to listen to patient suggestions, too often tells patient "You're doing fine when patient is competent to evaluate lab results and points out significant downward trends  Respond
RID: 330279
28/05/07 5 5 5 This Dr. came highly reccomended, and i am so glad i went with her!!!!
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $3000
RID: 77363
08/01/07 5 5 5 Very thorough and understanding in a difficult time. Excellent staff - friendly, efficient, knowledgable, caring. Would highly recommend to anyone going through cancer.
RID: 18001
03/12/05 5 5 5 Dr. Tetef is an excellent Oncologist. She attended Harvard, Princeton. She practices in Irvine and Orange. She is detail oriented. Her staff is very organized and very efficient.  Respond