Rate Dr. Dwight C. De Risi

Dr. Dwight C. De Risi's Ratings

I see alot of comments regarding Dr. Derisi's staff. I was there last night and there was no one in the waiting room - I said "hmmm whats' wrong with the picture" lol The girls were great! We had a few questions for them and they were as nice as could be. I just think when it's busy in the office they are extremely busy and just don't have time for chit chat. (That's just my experience, not looking for a debate lol) I was diagnosed March 2011, and had seen a doctor that the Mammo place recommended. I already knew i was going to see Dr. Derisi,(I had gotten 8 recommendations) but we just checked in with this other doctor and the first thing he said is "your gonna need to cut your hair shorter than that" Is that the first thing you want to hear????? When I went to Dr. Derisi he made me feel soo comfortable and much less worried. He did a wonderful job on my lumpectomy I am so glad I found him! Wouldn't use anyone else EVER!

Submitted Feb. 21, 2013 | flag

Not a fan of his staff but they are not treating me. Dr. DeRisi is awesome. He never rushes you, answers any and all questions and has the most wonderful bedside manner I've ever seen.He is a caring man and a wonderful doctor. I would fully recommend him to anyone that needs the best breast surgeon on Long Island!!

Submitted Jan. 13, 2012 | flag

staff if very rude. Staff discussed my medical and financial in the presence of other patients in the reception area. Dr. DeRisi is never on time. He is always many HOURS behind.

Submitted Jan. 2, 2012 | flag

I was diagnosed Breast Cancer in July of 2004. I was so nervous so when I got to meet with Dr. DeRisi, he was so supportive.. When I went thru surgery, he calmed me down and said he will take care of me and rubbed my arm.. He was so caring and charming.. I looked forward to my follow up every year to see him.. He is caring and wonderful!!! He did a good job on me.. God Bless Him!

Submitted Aug. 12, 2011 | flag

Dr. De Risi truly is God's gift to women. Let me tell you that he is the one to see if you have breast disease. I first met Dr. De Risi in 2006 when i was 16 years old. Can you imagine that? it was so scary to think i have to get my boob cut off b/c i might have cancer, or to have a hideous scar from getting the lump removed. But no, I have almost NO SCAR. i actually had to point it out to my boyfriend. 2 days ago I had another lump removed from my breast- i'm all in tapes but i'm not scared. I know Dr. De Risi's work and its awesome. If you have breast problems, you don't have to be afraid. Dr. De Risi will take care of you. I'm ready to shout this from the highest mountains: DR. DE RISI IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

Submitted Aug. 28, 2009 | flag

Worth the wait! Dr. Derisi is amazing. He did my surgical biopsy (lumpectomy) in 2008 and you can not even see the scar anymore. He is not only a surgeon, but an artist! Also he has wonderful bedside manner. He made me feel calm during the whole scary process (I was in my 20s)

Submitted April 4, 2009 | flag

BRING YOUR CHECKBOOK. In 2008 my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer and Dr. Derisi was recommended. The first thing the staffs at his office made us do was sign a waiver for any test or procedures done in his office. Dr. Derisi did a duplicate test that was not needed. We brought with us information from the same test that was done prior to the visit with my wife’s paperwork. We were billed, not our insurance, for this test. At the time I was not aware that under my insurance any doctor’s office that we visit they are not to charge us a co-payment or bill us for any services done in the office unless a waiver is signed. My insurance company informed me I should have not signed this waiver and as a term for the doctor’s participation he is aware of this. We were then contacted by a counselor from his office for an appointment by phone. Before the appointment was made she instructed my wife to bring a check with her. We found free support groups. We did not use Dr. Derisi.

Submitted Jan. 21, 2009 | flag

Great Doctor! Wish I could say the same for the staff. It's a shame the ladies in the front office lack compassion and always seem to be having a bad day. There is no need to be rude and have an attitude with people who are just concerned about their diagnosis and results.

Submitted Sept. 8, 2008 | flag

Dr DeRisi is a wonderful person and doctor. his staff is not very nice. His new office is gorgeous. Worth the wait!

Submitted Aug. 21, 2008 | flag

Dr. Derisi is did a wonderful job on my lumpectomy, doesn't even look like he was there. His office staff, most are wonderful. But it doesn't matter about them he was excellent. God Bless him. I would highly recommend him for a lumpectomy. Didn't hurt at all and still doesn't.

Submitted May 30, 2008 | flag