Rate Dr. Dwight C. De Risi

Dr. Dwight C. De Risi's Ratings

I went to Dr. De Risi for a second opinion and that's all he was, a second opinion. He was very kind, comforting and knowledgeable BUT I was given an 8 PM appointment time...I though great he is accomidating has evening hours. I sat in that waiting room for 4 hours, The PA did the evaluation and than Dr. De Risi evaluated me.for ten minutes and was on his way he agreed with the treatment plan my original Doc advised. Ehen checking out the staff was rude, and dismissive and I had to be put on wait list to be seen for a 6 month follow up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2588305].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

I see alot of comments regarding Dr. Derisi's staff. I was there last night and there was no one in the waiting room - I said "hmmm whats' wrong with the picture" lol The girls were great! We had a few questions for them and they were as nice as could be. I just think when it's busy in the office they are extremely busy and just don't have time for chit chat. (That's just my experience, not looking for a debate lol) I was diagnosed March 2011, and had seen a doctor that the Mammo place recommended. I already knew i was going to see Dr. Derisi,(I had gotten 8 recommendations) but we just checked in with this other doctor and the first thing he said is "your gonna need to cut your hair shorter than that" Is that the first thing you want to hear????? When I went to Dr. Derisi he made me feel soo comfortable and much less worried. He did a wonderful job on my lumpectomy I am so glad I found him! Wouldn't use anyone else EVER!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2051501].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2013

Not a fan of his staff but they are not treating me. Dr. DeRisi is awesome. He never rushes you, answers any and all questions and has the most wonderful bedside manner I've ever seen.He is a caring man and a wonderful doctor. I would fully recommend him to anyone that needs the best breast surgeon on Long Island!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2051500].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2012

staff if very rude. Staff discussed my medical and financial in the presence of other patients in the reception area. Dr. DeRisi is never on time. He is always many HOURS behind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2051499].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2012

I was diagnosed Breast Cancer in July of 2004. I was so nervous so when I got to meet with Dr. DeRisi, he was so supportive.. When I went thru surgery, he calmed me down and said he will take care of me and rubbed my arm.. He was so caring and charming.. I looked forward to my follow up every year to see him.. He is caring and wonderful!!! He did a good job on me.. God Bless Him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2051498].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2011

Dr. De Risi truly is God's gift to women. Let me tell you that he is the one to see if you have breast disease. I first met Dr. De Risi in 2006 when i was 16 years old. Can you imagine that? it was so scary to think i have to get my boob cut off b/c i might have cancer, or to have a hideous scar from getting the lump removed. But no, I have almost NO SCAR. i actually had to point it out to my boyfriend. 2 days ago I had another lump removed from my breast- i'm all in tapes but i'm not scared. I know Dr. De Risi's work and its awesome. If you have breast problems, you don't have to be afraid. Dr. De Risi will take care of you. I'm ready to shout this from the highest mountains: DR. DE RISI IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2051497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2009

Worth the wait! Dr. Derisi is amazing. He did my surgical biopsy (lumpectomy) in 2008 and you can not even see the scar anymore. He is not only a surgeon, but an artist! Also he has wonderful bedside manner. He made me feel calm during the whole scary process (I was in my 20s)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2051496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2009

BRING YOUR CHECKBOOK. In 2008 my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer and Dr. Derisi was recommended. The first thing the staffs at his office made us do was sign a waiver for any test or procedures done in his office. Dr. Derisi did a duplicate test that was not needed. We brought with us information from the same test that was done prior to the visit with my wife’s paperwork. We were billed, not our insurance, for this test. At the time I was not aware that under my insurance any doctor’s office that we visit they are not to charge us a co-payment or bill us for any services done in the office unless a waiver is signed. My insurance company informed me I should have not signed this waiver and as a term for the doctor’s participation he is aware of this. We were then contacted by a counselor from his office for an appointment by phone. Before the appointment was made she instructed my wife to bring a check with her. We found free support groups. We did not use Dr. Derisi.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2051495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2009

Great Doctor! Wish I could say the same for the staff. It's a shame the ladies in the front office lack compassion and always seem to be having a bad day. There is no need to be rude and have an attitude with people who are just concerned about their diagnosis and results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2051494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2008

Dr DeRisi is a wonderful person and doctor. his staff is not very nice. His new office is gorgeous. Worth the wait!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2051493].votes_count ]]