Dr. Micaela Aleman

Dr. Micaela Aleman

Rate Dr. Micaela Aleman

Dr. Micaela Aleman's Ratings

The most professional, knowledgeable doctor I have ever had. I have frequently referred friends to her with total confidence of her qualifications.

Submitted June 3, 2014 | flag

NOT recommend, RUDE staff, 30 year old carpet................................................................................................

Submitted Feb. 12, 2014 | flag

I went to see Dr. Micaela Aleman for the first time last week. My vist went well. I thought her bedside manner attentive and she was very knowledgeable. I definitely recommend her.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2013 | flag

I don't question Dr. Aleman's competence at this point, but I do take issue with her bedside manner. I felt that she did not take the time to explain procedures or tests she was ordering to me. For instance, at the end of my first appointment I was told by the receptionist Dr. Aleman would be performing a cystoscopy upon my next appointment. I felt that this was something I should have discussed with the doctor, not her receptionist. Furthermore, the receptionist just handed me an info sheet in lieu of explaining the procedure. As another example, after some initial imaging, the doctor called to tell me an abnormality required additional images for a diagnosis. She told me she was ordering "x-rays". When I arrived at the imaging facility, I found out she had actually ordered a nuclear medicine scan. I firmly believe that a doctor needs to communicate her methods with the patient, and find it both insulting and worrisome when this step in the process is omitted.

Submitted May 16, 2012 | flag

I felt taken care of with gentleness and experience. I would recommend her with total ass.urance of competency

Submitted Aug. 6, 2010 | flag

I have seen several urologist in Austin that would dismiss my issues. But never again!!! Dr. Aleman is the most helpful brilliant doctor you could ever ask for. The nurses at the hospital were terrible and blew me off. Dr. Aleman jumped right in and was hands on all the way. Now I refer everyone I know to her. She is truly the best!

Submitted June 30, 2010 | flag

I have mixed reviews. Although I thought Dr. Aleman was very knowledgable about my condition. I did find her bedside manner to be a little too much. I went to her for bladder and UTI issues and instead I got an office visit full of lectures on my weight. I think she had to have mention my weight or losing weight every other sentence and even mention gastric bypass surgery more than 5 times. Now I am overweight and I have been working out 3-4 times a week to get my weight down, I do not need my UROLOGIST telling me to lose weight and make me feel worse about my situation then it really is. I think she needs to stick to Urology.

Submitted Aug. 26, 2009 | flag

I went for a second opinion and had my chart faxed over to her by my first Dr. When I went to my appt. with Dr. Aleman, she told me she did not get my chart from my Dr. I told her I wanted her to look at the pictures and results of my surgery that the first Dr. had done. She never saw my chart or even asked to see the results of my first Dr. or even cared to see the chart. That is why I went.She did not do an exam or even care what I had to say. She just agreed with my first Dr.'s opinion. I went to her for the first and last time. I would never let any one I care for ever see her.

Submitted June 24, 2009 | flag

I have been to a few doctors in my day and have had some good ones and some not so great ones. I don't know much about how knowledgeable Dr. Aleman is but I do have a comment on her bedside manner: awful. After looking at what medications I am taking: Zoloft for intense anxiety and a medicine to regulate my pituitary gland for mood swings, she lectured me while giving me disapproving and judgmental looks for the entire appointment about taking those medications. Now I know that I shouldn't be on the same dosage of Zoloft unregulated as long as I have, but I have recently taken many actions to fix that. However, upon stating that I am not the biggest fan of medication and am working to get off of mine, she says (direct quote): "Well apparently you are!". She proceeded to give me unpleasant looks and insinuated that me wetting the bed at the age of 20 was due to "partying and drinking" or "anxiety and stress". While I agree with the second statement, I am not a partier OR a drinker.

Submitted April 6, 2009 | flag

told i would recieve a disount, than when i asked of verification of dicount was told to "just trust us"

Submitted Sept. 25, 2008 | flag