Rate Dr. Robert O. Ruder

Dr. Robert O. Ruder's Ratings

I went to Dr. Ruder for breathing problems. He performed a complete examination on me including allergy testing, an endoscopy, and then took photographs. He told me I have allergies, and this was the reason I was having problems breathing through my nose and that corrective surgery would not improve my breathing. I need to see an allergy doctor. AS he is a facial plastic surgeon, he said that nasal surgery would improve my appearance but NOT my breathing. I was upset with this information and went to another surgeon who did perform nasal surgery. I still cannot breathe well. I should have listened to Dr. Ruder. He was honest and obviously had my best intentions in mind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][765793].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

Dr. Ruder and Staff are excellent. He performed surgery on lip and mouth to remove cancer. It's now been one week and it looks as if I never had surgery. The Dr.is like the Picasso of reconstruction. I can highly recommend the doctor for his knowledge, communications, and excellent skills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][765792].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2013

It's been quite a few years since I lived in L.A. and went to see Dr. Ruder. I can attribute my apprehension of doctors directly to him. He lacks knowledge, and contradicts everything I've ever been told about the tubes in my ears (by great rated doctors by the way). His bed-side-manner is awful and he actually raised his voice and yelled when I questioned him. He scared me so much I started crying and left immediately. So if you love scary, rude, poorly trained doctors...this is the doctor for you!!! The staff seemed ok...nothing special. A note: I am 35 now, and was in my mid-twenties when this consultation occured, so I wasn't a "scared of the doctor" child or overreacting.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][765794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2012

I had to have two nose jobs since the 1st one the Dr. did turned out to be so crooked. Now after the 2nd one it is still not what I wanted and is still crooked.I went threw so much with this that I don't know if I'll ever get it fixed. I would not recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][765791].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2012

Dr. Ruder prays on patients! I had broken my nose and went in to Dr. Ruder's office to see if any further action needed to be taken. This was my first visit there. I had asked the girl staff that simple question of what I can expect from the doctor and she said she didn't know and to ask him. Didn't make much sense, but I didn't bother talking to her after that. Dr. Ruder came in and asked what I needed him for. I told him I had broken my nose and wondered what his opinion was on needing surgery. He looked at my nose and said if it doesn't bother you too much then you don't have to do anything. I said great, thank you and I left. When the bill came, I was SHOCKED!!! Dr. Ruder charged $600.00 for the 12 minute consultation he gave me. I called the office and spoke to Erica and she said there's nothing they can do since they already sent the bill out. I don't know how the doc is with surgery, but after I was charged so much for so little, I would not trust him any further.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][765790].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

The office is a mess. There is no patient confidentiality because you can hear through the walls while waiting more than 40 minutes in old, pink exam rooms. The tools he uses are very old. Dr. Ruder does not remember you and the last visit. His has a poor client communication skills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][765789].votes_count ]]