Rate Dr. Neil Gonter

Dr. Neil Gonter's Ratings

Dr Gonter was a breath of fresh air! He greeted me from the waiting room on time and took me to his office where we spent 45 min going through every symptom I had over the last few years and why I was there most recently. He was never dismissive of my overly concern of varying symptoms and was open to hearing about things I read online and questions I had. After that we went to the exam room where he examined me and we reviewed my blood work that I brought from other drs. He went over every relevant line and even explained the origin of why that blood work related to the disease. He calmed my fears that related to my condition and gave me my options and a positive outlook on what to expect. He took more blood to be sure about findings and anything else that previous drs didn't look for and asked me to come back after the holidays. He said to call him if I had any questions and said I could email him as well. I wanted to cry with relief leaving his office. Thank you Dr. Gonter!!

Submitted Nov. 14, 2013 | flag

He is a good doctor but the office is a mess. The phone is always busy or the office is closed. They lose faxes, they dont know how to return calls or faxes. Staff was walking in about other patients while I was in the room with him, and he took 3 phone calls during my appointment. I drove about an hour for this appointment because I heard good things about him, but it just isnt worth it. I will never return again. I am still waiting for my results to be sent to me!

Submitted Jan. 31, 2012 | flag

I had been suffering for 5 years without understanding what and why I had ongoing pain,Dr Gonter spent one and half hours to understand what my problem is,he diagnosed the problem well.He is a great listener and he provided info as to how to deal with this kind of pain.He is knowledgeable and has empathy with his patients which I did not see in most of the doctors I had seen before him.

Submitted Dec. 9, 2011 | flag

Doctor is extremely thorough and very professional, even under extreme pressure from insurance companies and other doctors/administers. More than a few doctors informed me that he literally saved my life by sticking to his guns and insisting on additional tests before commencing chemo-drugs. The result was a House-episode-likw diagnosis. Note he does not accept Blue Cross.

Submitted May 2, 2011 | flag

I recently arrived at Dr. Gonter's office after having been in serious pain for months. This was after two ER visits and tests by numerous specialists. No one had been able to determine the source of my ongoing pain. Dr. Gonter spent almost two hours with me personally and really listened to my story. First, he is an extremely skilled physician. But just as important, he is very down-to-earth, easy to talk to, and has one of the best beside manners I have ever encountered in a doctor. I must have asked him a million questions, and he answered every one of them and did not rush me at all. It is obvious that he really cares about his patients.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2010 | flag

What a doctor! Great bedside manner, thorough and very knowledgeable. Highly recommend.

Submitted Nov. 23, 2009 | flag

I WENT TO SEE DOCTOR GONTER TODAY WITH MY DAUGHTER. SHE HAS GONE FROM ONE DOCTOR TO THE NEXT AND NEVER GOT ANY ANSWERS. TODAY, FINALLY WE FEEL HOPEFUL THAT SHE WILL FINALLY GET A DIAGNOSIS AND WITH TREATMENT WILL GET HER LIFE BACK..DR. GONTER HAS A WONDERFUL WAY ABOUT HIM. SPENDS LOTS OF TIME WITH YOU TO TRY TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PROBLEM..THANK YOU DR. LINDA KRUP, MOTHER OF KERRI LEIN.

Submitted June 23, 2009 | flag

I've been going to Dr. Gonter for years now for my Lupus. I recently had a lot of health issues after the birth of my child, and Dr. Gonter was there to get me back on track. He stays current with all the new research and treatments and has a warm and understanding bedside manner. One of the Top Docs!

Submitted Jan. 19, 2009 | flag

Very bright, research-oriented physician. Remains current. Compassionate. Excellent dr.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2008 | flag

I went to Dr. Gonter based on the fabulous reviews even though he is out of network for me and I am so glad i did! He spent an hour with me trying to figure out my mysterious medical issue. He asks a lot of questions, is extremely knowledgeable and pleasant as well. I trust and respect him and recommend him highly.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2008 | flag