Dr. Kevin D. Accola

Grad. Year: 1984

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 11 reviews. Dr. Kevin D. Accola has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Cardiologist-related: heart disease, heart problems, artery disease, arterial disease, vein problems, stents, angioplasty, coronary artery disease
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5565028
16/06/14 5 5 5 5 My husband had his bovine tissue aorta valve replaced by Dr Accola. His valve was only 11 yrs old (originally replaced in another state). Needless to say we were very scared since his first experience was horrible and was told a 2nd one would be risky. He was also told it would have to be a mechanical valve. We shared this with Dr Accola and he immediately put us at ease. We felt comfortable with Dr Accola from the moment he stepped in the exam room. Not only is he a world renowned surgeon but has excellent bedside manner! We are so pleased with the care my husband received from Dr Accola and his office staff. Not only did he replace his valve with another bovine tissue valve but my husband did not have complications like the first time. Dr Accola is patient, has a sense of humor, shows interest in your personal life, yet very professional. We will definitely be recommending him! Thank you Dr Accola!!!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond

10/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.4
RID: 3609268
19/11/13 4 4 5 5 Dr.Accola performed my mother's quad by-pass 10 yrs ago. He & his team were excellent. He took time to explain thing to me in every day terms, making sure I had a complete understanding of what he was telling me.
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Kevin" to "Kevin D."
RID: 2366386
14/07/12 5 5 5 5 Fast,smart and clean. A team player and the patients love him  Respond

14/06/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "ORLANDO" to "LAKE MARY", Med School changed from "Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680" to "University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center"
RID: 1728958
05/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Accola did my valve replacement almost 7 years ago. Considering the type of surgery, it was "a walk in the Park" which I can only attribute to his skill. From the moment I met him to his visit with me before I was wheeled into the OR, I knew I was in good hands. My "zipper" is barely noticable which is another kudo attributable to his skill as a surgeon. I know I will have to have this done again. I hope and pray that Dr. Accola is still practicing when that time comes.
RID: 1660094
13/12/11 5 5 5 5 I can't believe this. At 7:16 PM on Saturday December 10, 2011, I e-mailed Dr. Accola a request for information concerning when an aortic valve should be replaced and if he would accept me as a patient. At 5:58 AM on Sunday December 11, I received a response from Dr. Accola himself (not his office) suggesting that I come to see him on Monday December 12. Upon visiting him he answered both questions, "Yes" he would accept me as a patient and "now" was the time to operate. Bingo! in no time at all Dr. Accola answered the questions that I had been trying to resolve since 2008. What is more, seeing that I was a little nervous he calmed my fears instantly in para- phrasing Matthew 14:27, "Be of good cheer, it is I, be not afraid". Visiting Dr. Accola and his staff are the best!!
See Responses

21/08/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

27/09/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1037162
18/11/09 5 5 5 5 Terrific Doctor. My wife had 2x bi pass surgery. He followed up after operation and made sure hosp. steff took care. The BEST.
RID: 1011451
16/10/09 5 5 5 5 Unbelievable doctor and team. Very blessed man that will care and lift your spirits.  Respond
RID: 1004638
07/10/09 5 5 5 5 My mother just had triple bypass, and Dr. Accola was extremely compassionate and caring while still remaining professional. He made all the difference in how my family coped with the surprise of my mother's surgery. I can't say enough good things about him.  Respond
RID: 766064
16/01/09 4 4 5 5 My mom, at 83, had quadruple cardiac bypass surgery performed by Dr. Accola. I knew his reputation as a surgeon because he did a quintuple cardiac bypass on my father-in-law last year. His bedside manner was the best and my mom went into surgery very relaxed and confident. All went great and she's back to most of her activities after only 3 1/2 weeks.
RID: 438051
02/11/07 5 5 5 5 I had a life threatening condition and was with a cardiology group who's bedside manner really upset me and I asked who is the best out there - Dr. Accola was the #1 or #2 I was told. The best and most caring and warm person - rare for a surgeon! As soon as I met him I could see the knowledge almost radiate from him compared to the previous group! He is my Hero!
RID: 247629
30/03/07 5 5 5 Very reassuring and compassionate. Gave me a thorough explanation of valve repair required. Excellent bedside manner. Very down to earth guy. Office staff was very polite and kept us informed every step of the way.
* - Rating left by a registered user