Dr. Leonard Doberne

Grad. Year: 1975

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 29/07/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. Leonard Doberne has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Does this doctor have experience at diagnosing and treating Adrenal Insufficiency (Primary? Secondary? Tertiary?)?    Email me    Answer it

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

22/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.0
RID: 2238050
12/06/12 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Doberne for my diabetes for years. He is one of the most caring, responsive and knowledgeable Doctors anywhere. He never rushes appointments and always returns phone calls even when I have been out of town. Excellent Dr. and a great person. I highly recommend.
RID: 1725383
29/02/12 5 5 5 5 I'm seeing this doctor for almost 3 years for my thyroid issues. He is very caring, knowledgable, understands patients concerns and try to explain it in layman's terms and doesn't rush appointments to see more patients. He is exceptionally the best doctor I've seen. It is very rare to find this kind of doctor who truly cares for patients.
RID: 1467933
20/06/11 5 4 5 5 My opinions about Dr Doberne: 1. Dr. Doberne is a nice, caring, thorough Doctor. 2. He is very much a scientist--very knowledgeable, digs into the literature when you have an unusual medical problem. He is up on the latest drug studies. He shares the underlying facts/reasoning supporting his diagnosis and his recommended drug regimen 3. He is patient with insurance companies and laboratory providers and works with them to get what you the patient need. 4. Dr. Doberne's personality tends toward the friendly charismatic genius type (he has a few non-medical degrees as well). He is an interesting character and I like him. 5. I would go the extra mile to retain and see Dr. Doberne over other doctors. D. Fischer
Paid (or co-pay): $45
RID: 1208775
15/07/10 4 4 5 5 Dr. D. treated me through 2 gestational diabetic pregnancies. He is extremely knowledgeable & caring. He called me almost every day to adjust my insulin - even on weekends. I agree with the person who said he is like House with a great bedside manner. He makes time to take great care of his patients. He even visited me in the hospital after I gave birth. He is the best doctor I have ever had at any time.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 908413
09/06/09 5 5 5 5 Exceptional doctor. Very rare to find doctors like him who spends maximum time with the patients.
RID: 848782
31/03/09 5 5 5 5 The first time that he saw me, he spent 90 minutes with me. He is extremely thorough. He is friendly and knowledgeable as well.
RID: 811656
04/03/09 5 5 5 5 Best doctor ever. I have diabetes. He found it and treated me for years. He takes what ever time is needed and is always up on the latest news. Best of both worlds, a Dr House with empathy. Unfortunately I am now with Kaiser. Thom Mayer
RID: 759288
08/01/09 5 5 5 5 He is quite knowledgeable and takes very good care. I went to him for my thyroid problems. Would recommend this doctor.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 616302
18/06/08 5 3 5 5 Excellent for diabetics. Gives the personal attention that doctors probably gave 50 years ago. Actually gave me his home number for some specific situations. Takes as much time as needed. Significant expertise.
Paid (or co-pay): $30