Rate Dr. Alexander C. Black

Dr. Alexander C. Black's Ratings

I unfortunately did not have a positive experience under Dr. Black's care. A blood test was missed and he said not to bother, and a year later when I had the test my cancer had metastasized. Had the test been run, I would've been treated 6 months sooner with less cancer spread. I now see his partner and I feel that I am in much better hands. Dr. Black is okay but he does not listen well. HE formulates his response before the patient is done talking. I wish I could give him 5 stars but I was his patient for 10 years; he did see me through chemo and radiation but I do not get the impression that he allows himself to develop a personal relationship with any of them. I thought this was the norm until I went to his associate - that oncologist truly cares, listens, and is invested in his patients. I think Black has just gotten too busy to care. It's unfortunate because I am sure his technical skills are excellent.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2013 | flag

I have been in Dr Black's care since November 2010 when I was diagnosed with colon cancer. The first time I decided to forgo chemo after much discussion, a decision Dr. Black supported. Unfortunately,I had a second cancer & had to undergo chemo. Dr. Black & his staff are wonderful. I think he is an amazing doctor.

Submitted July 13, 2013 | flag

Dr. Black and his staff are the BEST! They took care of me for a year while I was undergoing cancer treatment. They really care about you and your treatment. Dr. Black has a superb bedside manner and he individualizes your care. Wonderful place to be treated. They SAVED MY LIFE!

Submitted Nov. 25, 2010 | flag

I was a patient of Dr. Black's when he was practicing in Maine several years ago. I would recommend him to anyone. He is very knowledgable.

Submitted March 15, 2009 | flag