Rate Dr. Jason McKenzie

Dr. Jason McKenzie's Ratings

best doctor that I have had over the years. New office is great.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][770974].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2013

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][770973].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2012

I will never go to this doctor again. He was very unprofessional when I was checking out and was asking for clarification on a billing issue. I felt like I was being verbally accosted with accusations such as, "You are asking me to falsify documents!"...very loudly, I might add, and in front of the whole waiting room. If there is a misunderstanding about my file, I prefer for it to be discussed privately and rationally. He kept interrupting me as I was asking questions and speaking so loudly everyone in the office is now aware of my billing issue. It was so embarrassing, I cried when I got home. Maybe this doctor was having a bad day, but it doesn't excuse how I was treated upon check out.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][770976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2011

I made an appointment at this office because I was having knee pain. I had to wait over an hour before being seen. Once I was seen the Doctor was helpful and seemed knowledgeable. He referred me to get an MRI. The problem is the place he sent me for an MRI does not accept my insurance. I contacted the office and informed them of this. They told me that they would find a place that accepted my insurance and call me back. It is now going on six weeks and I still have not gotten an MRI. I have called numerous times and gotten the run around every time. He has been my family physician for about 5 years and I like him but I will be looking for a new one after this experience.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][770975].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

This is the WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER HAD! Seriously, I am not normally a complainer, but I went in to see this doctor for a lump on my neck. He rushed through my exam, and gave me a perscription for an anitbiotic. He also ordered blood work. I went and had the bloodwork done, and took the entire perscription with no change. I made another appointment and was sitting in the exam room waitting for the doctor (after an hour and a half wait in the waitting room) and heard the nurse complaining that I didn't make an appointment to have my labs reviewed. So the doctor comes in looks quickly at my labs and says "your cholesterol is high, but it's fine." Then sends me for a CT scan to find out whats wrong with my neck. I had the scan on Friday. I called Mon afternoon, Tuesday Morning, Tuesday afternoon and today-twice. NO ONE WILL CALL ME BACK TO GIVE THE RESULTS. First they said they don't have the results (even though I checked with the hospital and they had been sent)and still waitting.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][770972].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2010

changed whole family to Dr. McKenzie from other family practice office who used nurse practitioners and never got to see the accual Doctor. Dr McKenzie doesn't use nurse pract or PA's and is very easy to get into the same day when I'm sick. He is great with kids also.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][770971].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2010

We are changing to another doctor due to his lack of interest over a concern my husband brought up about heartburn during his routine physical. He was very curt and appeared disinterested in my husbands concern. Billing of visit then changed from a routine physical to a specialized diagnosis due to my husband questioning about the heartburn. Lost our 100% coverage for the physical and was charged for a question that the doctor gave my husband absolutely no care, concern or real effort towards. Attempted to correct the billing--that turned into a nightmare and we are done. Life is too short to be treated so rudely by a healthcare professional!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][770970].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2009

Opinion:Not good for my family of 5.Have been seeing this doctor for the last 5 yrs.Wait time is 1hr+ with no apologies, no office follow up,I'm a smoker and he gives me impression I should just die without any treatment for any ailment that I suffer from. Details from experience:My hubby and I were having stomach problems friend told me about H.Pylorivirus,I went in for annual and requested blood panel to test for virus.Ditto for my husband. The result:I called 3 wks later asking for someone to check results from blood work...I was called 1 1/2 mths later witha message asking if I would like a perscription cuz it was positive. My hubby, oops they didn't request that specific test. Hubby had high cholesterol McKenzie didn't know why we were worried about it cuz he was a smoker, gave a print out on what to do at home for high cholesterol.I went in for really bad hip pain (a week of no sleep til 4am)he said would ref a physical therapist.3 1/2 wks later nothing. Go somewhere else.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][770969].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

I like Dr. McKenzie. I'm able to get appointments quickly. I like the office staff, and the doctor himself is very personalable and will answer all your questions. I found him to be very polite and listened to you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][770968].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Had to get my son established with this doctor for insurance purpose. Staff was very nice, professional and efficient. Nurse was the same. Doctor was warm, friendly and efficient. Took a lot of time with my son and I and addressed our issues/concerns well. He's also an O.D. so that was good, nice guy, had a good rapport with my son which was what I was looking for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][770967].votes_count ]]