Dr. Elizabeth Jacobson

Grad. Year: 1999

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 05/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 47 reviews. Dr. Elizabeth Jacobson has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dermatologist-related: skin disease, warts, acne, rash, dermatitis, skin tumors, moles, skin cancer, psoriasis
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5559488
15/06/14 5 3 1 3 Seems genuine, nice, caring at first but becomes subtly but clearly dismissive & condescending and makes you feel AWFUL (all w/a soft voice & smile) if you don’t want expensive cosmetic stuff. She was a good physician & could still be a good doctor but chose to be a (very rich) glorified esthetician instead. Whole days every week blocked off for cosmetics. Recently I called for an appt for debilitating skin problem, earliest was a month. Out of curiosity I called 1hr later to ask about face fillers, could see me in TWO DAYS, 20min free consult & special offer on filler BUT no skin disease questions allowed, anything about skin disease has to wait even if it's much more disfiguring than a few wrinkles. Has binder in office w/her non-profit donations to show how “nice” she is. Take a closer look. The big donations ($5000+) are to professional derm associations. Charities get $500 (less than half the cost of one face filler) or "donations" of cosmetic services for raffle. Staff is great.  Respond
RID: 5321411
01/04/14 5 5 5 5 Extremely knowledgable and skilled MD w all aspects of dermatology. My kids (adults), husband and myself all use her. Family history melanoma and other skin cancers----she is on top of keeping us all safe. Love her for cosmetic stuff too, she doesnt overdo it and I feel beautiful. Office staff always smiling and seem to genuinely like working there. a huge plus. The young lady that answered the phone/appointments and helped w check in/paperwork was sharp, helpful. Our insurance had changed and she was kind and patient. Wish I remembered her name, but she is the newest one I think.  Respond

05/10/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "BIRMINGHAM" to "Hoover"
RID: 2887524
30/09/13 5 5 5 5 I've been going to Dr. Jacobson for many years and have always felt like I have gotten the best of care. She has spotted some things that I would not have thought was anything and sure enough it could have been if she had not gotten to them and removed or had them frozen. The staff in her office are really nice also. I am so glad that I have a great Dermatologist.
Respond

25/08/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2693168
24/06/13 5 5 5 5 I recently began using Dr. Jacobson for cosmetic purposes. She is very friendly and cares about her patients. She always takes time to speak with me and answer my questions. Her nurses are great too.  Respond
RID: 2679496
14/06/13 5 5 5 5 Inverness Dermatology cares for our two young daughters. They love the staff and actually look forward to going to the doctor thanks to the kind care! Highly recommend the group.
RID: 2670573
04/06/13 5 4 5 5 The staff is very professional, friendly and competent. Dr. Jacobson does a great job with cosmetic dermatology.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2298504

28/06/12 2 1 1 1 I began seeing Dr. J. several years ago for breakouts on my legs, arms, & back that are weepy & itch terribly. To date, I do not know what it is, or really what causes it since I use hypoallergenic everything. But I have had to go in several times over the years. I saw Dr. Marks on 2/1/12 for another flare up of weepy rash over most of my body ~ got the ointment & prednisone. It never went away & had started flaring up again, so I called today, 6/27/12 to make an appointment. I was told that the first opening was in August. To clarify, I said "you mean I am supposed to wait until August for a MEDICAL condition." I was told yes, they were very busy. I do not know why I am shocked; I never really received proper medical care anyway. But the entire practice has become a Barbie doll factory for injections, fillers, and laser treatments with blue light specials and Botox lunches (no appointment necessary). At this point, I for one do not believe that this is a medical practice any longer.
RID: 2209542

06/06/12 2 1 2 2 The first visit was okay and after that the wait time to see the doctor or get a procedure (chemical peel, filler) was 45 to over an hour. I paid on the first visit for the filler and 3 chemical peels. Customer service was horrible after $$ was given. I couldn't ever make an appointment and no one would return my phone calls or emails. The filler which I got a deal on ($450) only lasted 5-6 weeks and should last 6 months to a year. Will not be going back.
RID: 1761898
19/03/12 5 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr. Jacobson for years. She has treated me and both of my children. I would recommend her to everyone.
RID: 1745851
15/03/12 4 4 4 5 Dr. Jacobson is great. She is very patient,knowledgeable and personable. I highly recommend her services.  Respond
RID: 1741879
14/03/12 5 4 5 5 Inverness Dermatology is wonderful. The atmosphere of the clinic is comfortable and inviting. The staff are friendly and helpful. Dr. Jacobson is knowledgeable, compassionate and genuine. The care and concern for the patients in this clinic was evident this visit with my daughter as well as several years ago with my son. I would recommend Dr. Jacobson to anyone and everyone!
RID: 1730703
07/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Jacobson has been my Dr. for 6 years, and I have always been pleased with her services. Her staff is friendly and helpful, and my appointment time is always on schedule. Dr. Jacobson is very thorough and approachable. I highly recommend using this practice!
RID: 1721718
24/02/12 5 5 5 5 Great experience every time I am there! Excellent, polite staff and Dr. Jacobson is the only dermatologist I have ever been to that did not make me feel as if I were being "hearded" in and out as quickly as possible.
RID: 1719571
22/02/12 3 3 4 4 Great variety of services offered, wonderful location and office, doctors are very upbeat and knowledgeable.
RID: 1702444
01/02/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Jacobson was knowledgable and efficient. I like that I don't sit and wait. She is considerate and values my time in her office.
Respond

01/02/12 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

29/01/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1696261
25/01/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Jacobson and her staff are always friendly and efficient. They take all your concerns seriously. Fantastic doctor and staff!
RID: 1689520
17/01/12 4 5 5 5 I have used Dr. Jacobson for several years, and I am always impressed with her ability and the efficient way she manages her office. Dr. Jacobson always has times for questions and makes every patient feel well cared for. Fortunately, my issues have all been minor, but I would go back to her with any other types of dermatological needs.
RID: 1688375
16/01/12 5 5 5 5 I have had psoriasis for over 20 years. Dr Jacobson is the only Dr ( from a long list) that has been able to clear and manage to keep my psoriasis clear for going on 5 plus years!!! She is always professional and on schedule !
RID: 1647557
30/11/11 5 5 5 5 Very pleased with each visit for myself and my daughter. Very effecient office staff. Provided a coupon for a medication prescribed which saves me about $250.
RID: 1647414
30/11/11 5 4 5 5 I found the entire staff to be cordial and helpful. I especially enjoy working with the PA's who are kind and knowledgable.  Respond

30/11/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

02/10/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1549570
29/09/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Jacobson is a very informative and caring physician. I consider her very competent. Her staff is friendly and very helpful.
Respond

19/09/11 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

19/09/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1460877
09/06/11 5 5 5 5 Very professional office. Brittany Rigsby, NP, is very good. Doctor is very thorough. Addressed issues and answers all questions. Wait time is minimal as well.
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 1460569
09/06/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Jacobson and her staff is so very approachable and always makes me feel so very comfortable. I higjly reccomend her practice.
RID: 1460156
08/06/11 5 5 5 5 I am very pleased with everyone on how they helped me with my skin and also helping my husband who has leukemia with some skin issues he has had  Respond
RID: 1460064
08/06/11 5 4 5 5 I love Dr. Jacobson and her staff. My wait till was a little longer than usual on my last visit, but still wasn't excessive.
Paid (or co-pay): $295
RID: 1459823
08/06/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Jacobson is the best dermatologist in our area. They offer routine dermatology care as well as a variety of cosmetic services and products. I am going to have laser hair removal there very soon! Their office also offers savings on products and services to their customers every month! Definitely an A+ practice!
RID: 1459784
08/06/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Jacobson and her staff are very friendly and their office is very welcoming. They are prompt to set your appointment as well as to notify you of test results in a timely maner. I feel very comfortable allowing Dr. Jacobson and her staff tend to my dermatology needs.
RID: 1452075
28/05/11 5 5 5 5 Very professional and knowledgable. She fouf a melanoma at a very early stage and removed it with a clear margin. I am now having full body exams every three months foe a year. I have has the blue light treatment for precancers on my arms,face and scalp. I trust Dr. Jacobson completely.
RID: 1438826
12/05/11 5 5 5 5 I have been to 4 different dermatologists in the Birmingham area and Dr. Jacobson is the first one to actually care about fixing my skin problems. She went over all of my skin problems with me and told me the different products I can use to fix them. She was super friendly and genuinely seemed like she cared. Her physician assistant was extremely nice and helpful too. I will definitely not be going back to any of the other dermatologists that I've tried (and one of them goes to my church!). My parents and my brother are all patients of hers and we all love her! She definitely makes a good impresssion on you!
RID: 1432654
04/05/11 1 1 1 1 This office staff is rude and could care less if your seen or not. They skipped over my name and I waited 45 minutes. When I brought it to their attention she could have cared less. She put me in line with the people who had an appointment an hour after me and didn't even tell the people in the back that she had skipped me!! I was there for the "FREE SCREENING". You get what you pay for NOTHING FOR NOTHING!! No doctor will see you, they put you in a room, tell you to take off ALL your clothes and then a nurse comes in and says yes that looks suspicous. I know this, thats why I'm here!!! Then you have to come back and see the doctor, they can't do anything at this time, not what they said on the phone, I was told if biopsy needed it could be done if insurance was presented!!! What a waste of my time and nobody there gives a ----!!!!!!!  See Responses

18/04/11 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1386532
13/03/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Jacobson is hands down the best cosmetic derm in town. I look great after 5 Sculptra treatments. It really makes a difference who pick to do your cosmetic treatments. I have been to SEVERAL in Birmingham and she is by far the best that I have found (and she is really personable BONUS!)  Respond

15/12/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1314031
13/12/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Jacobson and her staff have made the isotretinoin process much easier than another local dermatologist. They coordinate quite well with the insurance co. Office visits are pleasant and usually quick.
RID: 1309656
07/12/10 5 5 5 5 The staff was very nice, the place was very kept up and comfy. And Doctor Jacobson really works with you.
RID: 1308292
06/12/10 3 3 4 4 Both Doctor Jacobson and NP- Brittany Rigsby are very good. My wife, children and I have used Inverness Dermotology several times over the past 2 years and they are always very helpful and professional
RID: 1305230
01/12/10 5 5 5 5 I have used Dr. Jacobson for a number of years and continue to recommend her to friends and family. Her staff is friendly and always willing to help answer any questions.
RID: 1305084
01/12/10 5 4 5 5 The staff and office are great and Dr. Jacobson is so patient and FINALLY fixed my rosacea after years of trying everything with other doctors. I won't go anywhere else now!
RID: 1299749
23/11/10 5 5 4 5 The staff and doctor are friendly, punctual and knowledgeable. I would recommend this practice to anyone.
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 1291449
11/11/10 5 5 5 5 Doctor is used by the whole family. The staff really helped me feel at ease during my surgrey and at every visit afterwards.
RID: 1276149
20/10/10 5 5 5 5 She and her staff were amazing. As a guy i thought it would be weird seeing a doctor about my skin but and her NP that did my follow up were professional and knowledgable. I am now taking my family to Inverness Dermatology
Respond

29/09/10 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

04/04/10 SYSTEM: 5 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1125036
10/03/10 5 5 5 5 thought she was great! Maybe she has the child policy for children that dont behave in an office and tear things up. i work for a ENT in town and parents let them run around. Dr Jacobson knows what she is doing. My kids and i love her!
RID: 1120239

04/03/10 1 2 2 4 First time sat and sat and sat...for NPract. She was nice but nobody in waiting area. Second time, waited again...Doctor was ok..felt like they were more interested in making money adn taking off as many moles as possible. One mole came back sensitive, swollen and now bigger. Will try another place. Also she only allows 1 child per visit...like what am I suppose to do with other children. WEIRD!
RID: 1053469

09/12/09 2 2 1 2 Their staff is run by a bunch of children who really dont understand customer service or the medical field. There are 2 medical staff that are well educated but the one lady that was there is no longer there, she knew dermatology and was very friendly and courtious unlike the other staff. I feel that if you are young then this is the place because it is like a day care there with uneducated staff. I believe the doctor needs to re evaulate her choices. It is a shame that she let go the one staff member who made my husband and I feel welcome and she educated us on our situations. Dr. Jacobson was also short with us and we since have gone to another Dermatologist because of these issues. Very sad it is only 10 minutes from our home and we now have to drive over 35 minutes to another large practic. The NP also mis diagnosed my husband who has SCC and she felt it could be taken care of by scrapping and it needed to be surgically removed. I feel this is poor medical practices
RID: 940213
19/07/09 5 5 5 5 Comfortable office atmosphere. Very friendly and helpful office staff. Dr Jacobson was punctual and listened to and answered all of my concerns. Was very comforting and explained in detail what proceedures I needed and why....
Insurance: AARP
Respond

05/07/09 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 925271
30/06/09 5 5 5 5 This is the nicest doctor I have ever taken my son to. He has horrible rashes (eczema) She is one of the only dermatologists that takes Medicaid! She treated him and me with RESPECT!!!!
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 907446

08/06/09 2 3 2 2 I agree with the fact that Dr. Jacobson only wants your money! I took one of my daughters in for acne and she was the sweetest Dr I thought I had ever met. When I took another one of my daughter's in to have a mole removed, I thought I was talking to another Dr. She is the most insensitive, most unsympathetic Dr I have ever met. She has no patience or bedside manner!My daughter was a little uneasy about a needle going into her back,and Dr Jacobson didn't even give her time to prepare or try to comfort her. She told her if she wanted it done that we needed to get busy, that they didn't have time to screw around like that.I was just stunned when she said that.Those were her exact words. My youngest daughter was with me and said she was rude.Dr sent me out in the waiting room,told me she would come and get me when they were done, but she never did.one of the nurses came out to the waiting room and said she didn't know why i was still sitting out there. i will not be back!!  See Responses
RID: 706717
21/10/08 5 5 5 5 This dermatologist is the best and most thorough that I have seen (I have seen 4 in the last 25 years)She diagnosed a spot on my face that another dermatologist and my primary care doctor have seen 3 or 4 times. It turned out to be melanoma.
RID: 681889
09/09/08 5 4 5 5 This doctor was the first dermatologist that I have been to that could help me with my allergic skin problem. For 20 years and after 3 other dermatologists, I finally found one that is compassionate and really seems to care.
* - Rating left by a registered user