Rate Dr. John T. Dearborn

Dr. John T. Dearborn's Ratings

Dr. Dearborn and his team gave me the best medical experience I've had, and my first major surgery. I had my hip replaced after years of postponing the operation and I did my homework. My insurance coverage is not very comprehensive but Dr. Dearborn works with people who do not have insurance and takes many kinds of insurance as well. I received a huge discount as well as a payment plan so that I could have the surgery. Some of the other reviews do not seem accurate to me based on my own experience. I was able to watch my surgery, and the entire staff was professional, patient and thorough in answering my questions and addressing any problems I had. Dr. Dearborn spent time with me in person and on the phone, including the night before my surgery, when we talked for close to one hour. My recovery has been excellent and I am pursuing my love of horseback riding and other sports. I would not hesitate to recommend him. Fabulous doctor and wonderful human being.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][785075].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2012

DR. DEARBORN HAS TO BE ONE OF THE FINEST SURGEONS ON THE WEST COAST! I HAD A HIP REPLACEMENT AND WAS IN THE HOSPITAL OVERNIGHT AND HOME THE NEXT DAY. I WALKED IN THE HOUSE (WITH A CANE)AND BEGAN MY RECOVERY. AFTER 8 WEEKS I AM NOW PLAYING GOLF AGAIN AND AM PAIN FREE! DR.DEARBORN AND HIS STAFF ARE MOST PROFESSIONAL AND TENDED TO ALL MY NEEDS (AND QUESTIONS). WHAT A BLESSING IT WAS TO HAVE FOUND OUT ABOUT DR.DEARBORN! WE HAVE REFERRED TWO OF OUR CLOSE FRIENDS TO HIM AND THEY HAVE HAD THE SAME POSITIVE EXPERIENCE. HE IS THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][785074].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2011

Doctor very knowledgeable, gave injections, but I am still in great pain. Staff misleading on coverage -- said Dr. in contract with my insurer, and that is not true. Sent over a big bill after the fact, when if in network I would pay $0 after the office visit co-pay.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][785073].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2009

He doesnt take insurance. I saw his assistant more than him. I still have pain and he keeps telling me it will get better

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][785072].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Had severe post op problems with bi-lateral KNR. Developed severe pain in left knee. I went back to Dearborn to have it checked. He took x-rays and a fluid sample from left knee and said everything was ok. Problem kept getting worse. Went to see another Dr. He told me knee was severely infected and the knee joint had come loose. He pulled the original lab report on the fluid draw that Dearborn took and it showed infected. The X-rays also showed a problem. Dearborn never said a word. He told me everything was fine, no need to worry. Please be careful with this Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][785071].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2009

quite an incredible, relatively painless experience with a wonderfully helpful & supportive staff. The pain after the surgery was never as intense as before. 2 weeks later, I'm out and about walking with a cane.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][785070].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2009

Dr. Dearborn was very calm and reassuring prior to surgery, the staff and aftercare are the best available, and I can't wait to have my other hip done! I doubt any doctor can top his performance, his quality assurance, and total patient comfort and care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][785069].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2008

During my initial consultation Dr Dearborn throughly explained my options & the steps involved in a THR. The morning following the prodecure Dr Dearborn did the rounds to check on his patients and change the dressing. At that time he filled me in on how the surgery went. The PA's, seen at the pre-op and post-op appt, are very knowledgeable and qualified. Dr Dearborn uses Washington Hospital in Fremont and they have a wing designated as a Center for Joint Replacement. The staff there is outstanding and very experienced with replacement patients and rehabilitation. My experience and care throughout this process has been extremely professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][785068].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2008

Excellent staff and office. A little wait, but not unexpected to see one of the best joint replacement specialist in the US. He has very knowledgable PAs that work very closely with him. I got more information out of this visit than I did with 3 other orthopods combined. He and the PA took all the time needed to answer all my questions and give me sound advice. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][785067].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2008

Uses a great state of the art procedure for hip and knee replacements

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][785066].votes_count ]]