Dr. Craig Lahar

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 29 reviews. Dr. Craig Lahar has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Oral Surgeon-related: dental implants, tooth removal, TMJ, jaw surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5306494
25/03/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lahar and his staff were exceptional, Professional, caring and supportive!!! He did a GREAT JOB and the pain is gone!!!! I highly recommend them especially if you have a fear/anxiety of Dentists/Oral Surgeons. THANK YOU DR. LAHAR!!!!  Respond
RID: 2705307
10/07/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lahar was very personable, thorough and answered all my questions. I had a very successful operation to remove boney "tumors," (mandibular tori) from under my tongue. The office and surgery area were spotless; the staff was also very personable, skilled and attentive. There was some question on my paperwork on what charges were submitted to insurance, but after two inquiries the error was corrected and it was submitted correctly. The other problem that I was able to also preemptively avoid was that they do not normally give patients ahead of time the prescriptions needed after surgery. I had to physically go pick up the scripts the day before my surgery. If I had not done so, I would've had to try to go into the pharmacy still under anesthetic with my mouth full of gauze and wait for a half-hour to get them filled, because my driver/best friend would not have had the authority to sign my insurance voucher for the meds. With that minor warning, I strongly recommend Dr. Lahar.
RID: 2644747
09/05/13 4 5 5 5 My daughter had surgery to expose and bracket her 12 yr molars in order for them to come in. The surgery was successful and the teeth came up. I was told by her orthodontist that her case was difficult, so I was very pleased with the results.
RID: 2613249
10/04/13 5 4 5 5 When I first walked into the office, it was a very relaxing atmosphere. That was a big plus. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. I was taken back on time. The doctor was very friendly and assured me that this wisdom tooth extraction would not be an awful experience. He was so right. Within 30 seconds, the tooth was out! Also relaxing was music of my choice was playing in the background. I would recommend Dr. Lahar, his staff, and the facility to anyone who would ask.
RID: 2567978
22/02/13 1 4 1 4 The extraction of my tooth was painless and smooth. The price was way lower than expected. The healing process was quick and went well. The office is nice, clean, and plush. The 2 staff members that I dealt with treated me very poorly. I have to agree with the earlier comment worst bedside manners ever.
RID: 2508061
21/12/12 5 5 5 5 Great tooth extraction experience. It was all about the patient. Love the facility , doesn't look or feel like a surgical center. Weel done!!!!  Respond
RID: 2482381
25/11/12 5 5 5 4 Very Professional office. Dr. Lahar spent time explaining my TMJ issue, and how the treatment would help. He was very thorough to be sure I was comfortable with the appliance, and that it fit well. Extremely happy with my experience at Dr. Lahar's office, and recommend it highly.
RID: 2392021
02/08/12 5 5 5 5 First off, my wife had a great experience here 3 years ago having a tricky wisdom tooth pulled and recommended I go to Dr. Lahar. He is really, really good. First he asked if I wanted a root canal to save the tooth itself, but I declined, and he did not pressure me about it like some other dentist have done before. He told me it would be a surgical extraction and explained what all would go into getting the tooth out. As it turns out, he got the tooth out in one piece, and in less than 2 minutes (that was only because I was not properly positioned in the chair - not his fault, mine). Because it came out so easy for him he only charged me for a simple extraction. He could have easily charged me for a surgical extraction, but was very honest. I would definitely go to him again, and tell others to go as well. The building is extremely clean, the staff is very friendly, and Dr. Lahar is one of the best dentists we have gone to in YEARS!  Respond
RID: 2388033
30/07/12 1 2 1 1 The worst "beside manner" of any doctor I've ever interacted with. And I'n 62 years old  Respond
RID: 2134175
12/05/12 5 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr. Lahar for a number of years for various implant surgeries. His staff are very friendly and they are for the most part the same faces that I have seen since I first started going there. The staff are very caring and the appointments run on time. Dr. Lahar is meticulous about the work that he performs and as well he is knowledgeable about the latest procedures used in the field. I highly recommend him as an oral surgeon.
RID: 2000482
09/04/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Lahar was excellent, as were his staff. He was very knowledgeable as were his staff. There was no waiting for my appointment and the extractions were pain free. I would highly recommend him for any oral surgery.
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 1755026
18/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lahar and his staff are excellent. I recently had 2 dental implants put in. The process was started in Summer 2011 and the entire procedure was thoroughly explained to me at each step along the way. The procedure was such a positive experience that I'm contemplating getting an additional implant this year. I would highly recommend Dr Lahar to all regardless of the oral surgery needed.  Respond
RID: 1682096
10/01/12 5 5 5 5 Good staff, good doctor. Got my appointment in 3 days. On time.
RID: 1646726
29/11/11 5 5 5 5 I am very happy to say that the staff at Dr. Lahar's office are very professional, courteous and helpful. Dr. Lahar and his anesthesiologist were informative and explained everything that was being done and answered any questions I had. I would definitely return to Dr. Lahar's office again and would recommend him to anyone.  Respond
RID: 1498874
28/07/11 3 5 4 5 They charge me $300.00 then said, I owed $88.00. I paid them cash of $88.00. I sent it to my FSA. They refused to refund me because it was not smitted to Aetna. I called and asked them to summit it. As of to day they did not do what I asked. I still can't get my money refunded from my FSA (Flex Spending acct.) It's been 2 1/2 week since I requested. But Dr. Lahar is a 5 Star Doctor.
Paid (or co-pay): $388
RID: 1399396
28/03/11 4 4 2 2 Had allergies and he was not at all willing to listen to my allergist  Respond
RID: 880468
07/05/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lahar was very concerned for my well-being during a difficult extraction. His staff was helpful in explaining all my options. The office was very nice, clean and organized. My son will be having his wisdom teeth out at month end and I feel very good about his outcome as well. I would recommend Dr. Lahar to anyone needing Oral surgery.
Paid (or co-pay): $323
RID: 845507
28/03/09 5 5 5 5 AWESOME,AWESOME,AWESOME I can't say enough great things about craig Lahar and his staff. I was completely trilled with his"over and beyond" care that he taken for my girls. My oldest daughter had her first appointment with him. Turns out she needed her wisdom teeth removed, but in the very same visit he checked out my other daughter's mouth because she was having the same issues. That was without an appointment. Now you tell me what dentist would do that. Well Craig Lahar DID!!! I myself has never had that kind of hospitally from any dentist or oral surger. He told me evrything that was wrong and also explain what different directions that could be taken with my daughter's mouth. His fabulous staff took care of explaining the costs. My only downfall was that I wish i would have found Dr. Lahar many years ago. I can't put into words how welcoming and warm Cumberland Surgery Center is!!!!!
RID: 828326
13/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lahar and his entire staff are very knowledgeable and helpful. Dr. Lahar's office is extremely clean, neat and organized. The staff was extremely helpful in submitting my treatment to my insurance to keep my out of pocket cost down. I would definetly go back to this office for any oral or maxillofacial surgery.
RID: 529664
04/03/08 5 5 5 5 I would highly recommend Dr. Lahar & his office staff. They were very polite, caring & professional. Directions to his office were easy & the office itself is beautifully maintained. It was a pleasure to be in such good care.  Respond
RID: 472723
28/12/07 5 5 5 5 My experience`s with Dr Lahar and his staff have always been outstanding.My procedures include a wisdom tooth extraction ,double jaw surgery and two dental implants.At my first consultation i could tell that Dr Lahar was very passionate about what he does and two years later i can also say he is one of the most talented oral maxiofacial surgeons out there.From the girls at the front desk to the medical personnel i can`t say enough about his staff.They are the best! Talented , Professional , friendly but most of all a very caring group of people.Through every procedure the care and support was overwhelming and that meant more to me than they know. A sincere thank you Dr Lahar and all his staff former and present.  Respond
RID: 398052
05/09/07 5 4 4 5 The front staff was the best. I was in pain when I called. The lady was so helpful, she took the time to answer all my questions, told me what my fees would be. Thank You, Cathy, you made it a pleasant experience.
RID: 45055
12/09/06 4 4 5 Dr. Lahar was a great doctor. I felt very comfortable with him, I had a tooth removed and had very little pain. The whole experince wasn't as bad as I thought. His staff was excellent, they called me and told me I would have a amount due the day I came in. They were on top of things. The front desk staff was just great, I would recommend him to anyone.  Respond
RID: 44779
11/09/06 4 5 5 He's a bright, energetic, brisk guy. The palatial office surroundings are a little off-putting, and the staff can be a little too 'just another patient' at times, but he's well worth the money. I trust him to do a decent job.
Insurance: HealthPartners
RID: 38107
28/07/06 5 4 5 Dr. Lahar extracted 4 impacted widsom teeth. Everything went well and recivery was good. Absolutely no pain whatsoever after surgery. Only thing is I was not told when to expect the bleeding to stop which made me worry when it went on for a while. A quick call to him after hours answered my question.
Paid (or co-pay): $185
RID: 35295
10/07/06 5 5 5 I had to have an emergency procedure after another dentist botched the job. Dr. Lahar was on call. It was 8:00 on a Friday night and he fixed me up in a very professional and caring manner. He had never seen me before this. If you need oral surgery, I don't see how you could do better than him.
RID: 22261
03/02/06 4 5 5 Very happy with all procedures I have had done with Dr Lahar. He has a great office staff, and he is very knowledgable and conscientious.  Respond
RID: 20006
01/01/06 5 5 5 While Dr. Lahar is an excellent surgeon. I was required to pay a fee before surgery and then after surgery had to pay more money because he supposedly ran into problems during the surgery. I was not prepared for the big bill after the surgery and was very disappointed. I never had this happen after an oral surgery.
RID: 15288
19/11/05 5 5 5 Outstanding oral and maxiofacial surgeon!! Compassionate, talented, great staff and wonderful office.
* - Rating left by a registered user