Rate Dr. Norman Shorr

Dr. Norman Shorr's Ratings

I saw Dr. Shorr yesterday and had a conversation with his office manager. She said she had discovered that Dr. Shorr had been poorly rated on this site. I feel a responsibility to shed light on the impact he has had on my life. When I first came to him I had had 12 surgeries over several years. No one would help me. Every surgeon I saw said they could not do anything because I would not have a good result. Most of them suggested I see Dr. Shorr. I live in NY so going to LA to see Dr. Shorr was an expensive proposition. He was so kind, so knowledgeable, so detailed with me in his assessment and explanations of the problems. He didn't promise a lot but what he gave me was better than I hoped for. My eyes now close all the way, my outer corners are no longer rounded and they turn up as they used to. I am SO happy! I look in the mirror and cry tears of joy. I can't speak highly enough of this man. He saved my life. Words cannot express how grateful and thankful I am to have found him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][788686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

I'm shocked to find negative info about Dr. Shorr! I had very complex eyelid problems and needed reconstruction. I consulted with several oculoplastic surgeons, all of whom said I should only go to Dr. Shorr. I am so grateful I did. He performed both lower eyelid surgeries on me using the Madame Butterfly procedure which he invented and he gave me my life back after years of suffering and hating how I looked. My eyelids are now positioned where they should be and I constantly receive compliments on my eyes. I know that Dr. Shorr runs the UCLA training program and because I did my research, I know he has run it for many years and that it is the number one oculoplastic program in the country and has been the entire time he has run it. I also know that he specializes in eyelid revisions. This means that he is always dealing with unhappy patients who have had previous bad surgeries elsewhere. Thank God I chose him rather than trying someone else and wasting time and money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][788685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

My cosmetic surgery was botched by Norman Shorr. I have one eye bigger than the other and difficulty with the muscles in my eye after his surgery. He said that I needed to have my teeth fixed when I approached him with my eyes. My life has been a nightmare after his surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][788689].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2010

Dr. Shorr performed his Madame Butterfly procedure on me with devastating results. His surgery left my eyes in worse condition than before his operation. The midface lift was a disaster that caused multiple complications that he denied were even possible. I have had to have several revisions after his surgery, and I will never be the same. I will spend the rest of my life regretting that I ever trusted this surgeon to help me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][788688].votes_count ]]