Rate Dr. Hey-Joo Kang

Dr. Hey-Joo Kang's Ratings

Dr. Kang is undoubtedly one of the best reproductive endocrinologists in the NY tri-state area. I am forever grateful to her for my first baby, a healthy baby boy born in February 2014. I have PCOS. I came to her after 3 failed clomid cycles and 4 unsuccessful IUIs with 3 other REs. I initially thought that I was a hopeless cause and will need IVF. After an ultrasound exam, Dr. Kang confidently stated in my very first consultation that she thinks I should be able to get pregnant with a couple of IUIs with her. I thought it was a tongue-in-cheek statement, or maybe she was just out of her mind. But guess what, I was pregnant after my first round of IUI with her! She made a few very customized tweaks to my IUI cycle that made all the difference. In any profession, 80% rely on luck, and 20% rely on their skills. Dr. Kang is in the top 5%. Don't waste your time elsewhere. I've done extensive research for you. Go with her.

Submitted April 29, 2014 | flag

There's a certain level of incompetence and arrogance that is just unacceptable. In the field of fertility, this is true. Stay away from this practice ! For very inconceivable life changing reasons, avoid this practice and doctor like the plague.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2014 | flag

Dr. Kang is excellent. She takes all the time you need, she was never in a rush, the waiting time to see her is about 5 min and if you go for monitoring to Garden City office, you wait for the blood and ultrasound (which was always done by dr. Kang) no more than 3 min. She made very good decision regarding my ovulation induction and I did not hyperstimulate. I have stage 4 endometriosis but I got pregnant from the first IVF cycle due to her knowledge. She really cares about her patients, even though she was not on call, she came and did my transfer. Her assistant, Diana, is very efficient and helpful. Her medical assistant in Garden City, Jennifer, was great.

Submitted Oct. 4, 2013 | flag

BEWARE! I went in for a consultion, but I wasn't told until AFTER my exam that I had to get a PREAUTH. Call me crazy, but I think I should have been told PRIOR to my visit that a preauth may be required? My insurance denied a portion of the bill. I argued that I should not be responsible to pay out of pocket, but billing said it isn't their "job" to know my ins. plan. It is my, (the patient's) responsibily to know what my insurance plan covers. Actually it IS their job. They are an In-network provider. I've never had to get a preaugh for any other service on my plan. They do this every day. This is THEIR business, they know that fertility is a specialy, and it may require preauth.The LEAST they could have done was supply me with good information. If I had known it might be necessary I WOULD have called my insurance prior to the apointment. I wonder how they handle sensitive issues as fertillity treatments. DR Kang-ok, but I would NOT recommend this office.STRESSFUL to say the least

Submitted Aug. 9, 2013 | flag

I am very greatful to Dr.Kang. She is like god to me now. After 1 fresh IVF and one FET failure I went to Dr.Kang. First IVF with her was failure. I lost hope, then she told me to try Natual FET in next cycle after IVF failure. I believed in her and followed waht she said. She was the one who transferred my only embryo left from fresh IVF. I think her hand is lucky for transfers. I was just praying to god and I beleived in her. previous cycles I was taking lot of care, but this time, I just left it to god and I went to work from next day. It worked. Thank you so much Dr.Kang. You are my Doctor always, if I want to go for IVF.

Submitted Oct. 24, 2012 | flag

After an extremely bad experience at another fertility center here in NY, I came to Dr Kang and boy am I glad I did! At the first consultation, she made my husband and I feel like she had all the time in the world (which we all know is not the case). We knew right then we would be making the switch. Shes always been patient, kind, sometimes funny, and I've never felt rushed with her. EVER (Im also a person who doesnt need to be hand held either). She removed a polyp for me and we began my IVF round which ended up being a success. She understood my being cautious (as Ive had a miscarriage early this year) and she just made both of us feel so much more at ease. Shes honest, direct, kind, smart, patient and If I get released on Friday to my OBGYN, Im really going to miss her. I wish she could be my OBGYN! BUT when its time for baby #2, Dr Kang will be the first one I call. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Submitted Oct. 16, 2012 | flag

I have mixed results with Dr.Kang. She was the one who diagnosed my problem. I went to her for my second fresh IVF cycle.But she is not professional.She doesn't give you time to speak and ask questions. And also she does not have answer to very basic question I have with my problem. They are always in hurry. When we are paying money we expect some response from doctor. That is lacking here. She does not care about patient emotions.Cornell billing staff is the worst staff I have ever seen. They charged me and my insurance both for lab work and ultra sound for my IVF.

Submitted Sept. 24, 2012 | flag

I had one failed cycle with Dr. Kang. I did have concerns that I wanted to address, but I could not get answers to my questions. Even if she thinks the patient's concerns are not a big deal, they should be addressed if the patient is anxious. It would have helped to know at the beginning of my cycle why my concerns were not treated as a big deal. That would have alleviated the stress.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2012 | flag

Dr. Kang is one of the BEST doctors! She is extremely knowledgable in her field and caring as well. I liked that she answered all my questions and addressed my concerns

Submitted June 11, 2012 | flag

First visit was a disappointing experience. Doesn't show any interest in the human being, no personal questions at all.

Submitted June 1, 2012 | flag