Rate Dr. Gary B. Briskin

Dr. Gary B. Briskin's Ratings

I came in for tendonitis in my achilles. He recommended PT. I did this and it got worse. I came back, multiple visits. He never spent more than 5 minutes with me. Just, how does it feel today? I immobilized it for a month. Then he made me orthotics. Then, basically said the enlarged tendon and soreness is is something I'll likely live with my whole life. Then I discovered they had double gilled my insurance. If you pay a co-pay, ask for a copy of the bill, because I was stunned to see what my five minutes with him was costing my insurance company. After finding the mistake I asked for a full accounting of what I've been charged since April. That was over three weeks ago. Still waiting.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2619906].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

large ego, knowledgeable, no help or program to follow.. kind of left on my own. just not a good fit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2507145].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

kind, gentle, on time mostly, reassuring and knowledgeable with me. Lots better than some other drs I have seen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][794275].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 26, 2012

This doctor is a joke. All I wanted was a referral for physical therapy and all he wanted was to make money. He insisted on taking new X-rays even though I had some taken days before. He insisted on orthotics after making me wait 1.5 hrs to see him and spending 3 minutes with me. 6 weeks later still no orthotics and still NO ONE has called to check in and tell me what's going on. After 4 weeks I insisted on a referral for physical therapy and he insisted I had to come back in to write the referral. Nothing had changed but it took 2 visits and 2 sets of X-rays just to send me to physical therapy. I JUST completed my 3rd physical therapy session and it's the first sign of pain relief. Avoid Dr. Briskin, him and his staff are too busy over treating ($) you to really treat you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][794274].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2012

Dr. Briskin is a doctor with a "heart" who really cared to help me improve my ability to walk with less pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][794273].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2011

Dr. Briskin was knowledgeable, very nice and great with my 10 year old son. i would highly recommend him to anyone. Lorraine Eastman

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][794272].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

I went to Dr. Briskin for my foot problem. He was kind, spent plenty of time with me and set me up with a therapist who did a great job. His staff was terrific too. I think he's great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][794271].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2009

The staff is first rate. It has been one of the most positive experience I have had going to the doctor. The staff is extremely friendly and treat me like a person not a number. Considering the doctors see around 150 patients a day that is nice. It has been a wonderful experience with Dr. Briskin he you follow his instruction your feet with heal. He seems like a nice guy who wants to help his patients. He always answers all of my questions I would highly recommend and do for anyone to go to see Dr. Briskin and the Foot and Ankle Institute. It is a great group of Doctors and staff that really care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][794270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2008

I think this is, for the most part, a very well run office. They see a lot of patients and try to be on top of things. Occasionally, I have to wait a long time, but that's atypical. Dr. Briskin is very personable and has it down to a system in terms of how much or how little time he spends with you. While he has put me in orthotics, I haven't found anything suggested thus far too helpful. He did recommend surgery recently and that may turn out to be the best solution to my problems. He's a really nice guy, but I'm a bit underwhelmed by the medical care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][794269].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2008

I had faith in him for multiple visits and treatments, and hoped for cure from my pain. However, he never figured out what my foot pain actually came from. The next podiatrist that I saw knew right away. While usually pleasant enough in his manner, I witnessed him being rather impatient with a patient whose toddler was in the office with her. Perhaps that indicates something of his character.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][794268].votes_count ]]