Rate Dr. Alan J. Liftin

Dr. Alan J. Liftin's Ratings

Dr. Liftin is knowledgeable, but rushes his skin care patients and now wants to solely concentrate on cosmetic procedures. As far as products most patients believe they are free or covered by insurance. Office staff rushes through check-in and check-out.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2577847].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

I found Dr. Liftin to be extremely personable and very caring. He has a lot of energy but I definitely didn't feel rushed. He spoke with me for a while and showed a lot of care and warmth. He told me that he is always there for me whenever I need him and that he would make sure to fit me in. This was just this week. But 8 years ago the week before my wedding I was having acne problems and didn't have a dermatologist. I called many others until I got his office and they fit me in that very day. I never forgot that and how excited he was for me and my wedding. He treats you like a person - not a number.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2424909].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

I went to 3 other dermatologists who didn't help me. dr Liftin diagnosed my problem and cured me after 1 visit. I would never go to another dermatologist. He's the best by far.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][798528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2014

Dr. Liftin is very knowledgeable he never offered me to buy anything of course he will recommend somethings to you if it is in the office. He indeed takes his time he explains to you VERY clearly and he talks to you throughout the entire visit he is very knowledgeable and unlike MOST doctors especially DERM docs he takes his time. His assistant does need some personality she does smile to save the world but everyone is different besides that he is the best. I have a skin disease and been to over 20 doctors and he is so far the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][798527].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2013

dr. Liftin saved my life by removing a lethal melanoma. I would recommend him to anyone who has a suspicious growth on their skin. He's the best in my book.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][798526].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2011

I did not like this doctor. I went to him a few times. He rushes you through. His assistant is rude and has no personality. I asked him to look at a problem I had and he said we'll do that the next visit. Next visit??? So I can pay extra. He was not knowledgeable. I was so unhappy with this dermatologist and would never use him again. I would not recommend him to anyone. I don't think he cares about his patients. It's all about money. He tries to push you to buy his creams and lotions which are expensive and don't really work.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][798525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

Dr. Lifton is very personable and knowledgeable. I've gone to him twice with problems that he immediately diagnosed and the perscriptions he advised worked very quickly each time. My only issue with him is that he rushes through the visit very fast and doesn't give you much time to ask any questions before he's out the door to the next person. But the most important thing is that he knows he's doing

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][798524].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2009

I've only had one visit, but my immediate impression is that Dr. Liftin is quite knowledgeable and approachable. Unlike the previous post, I didn't feel at all pressured to buy anything. A product was mentioned, but the option to buy it was clearly left up to me. And when there was a choice between two possible treatments, he suggested the less expensive of the two.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][798523].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

Dr.Liftin sells over priced products that insurance doesn't cover and he leads you to believe that you needs these products to cure what ailes you. I have a $5.00 co-pay, and gave him a check for $100.00. I asked for a prescriptions for the products he said I needed. He said that there are no prescriptions for dermatological products, only medications.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][798522].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2009

Great doctor! Cleaned up my hormonal acne in weeks!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][798521].votes_count ]]