Dr. Alexander D. Kofinas

Rate Dr. Alexander D. Kofinas

Dr. Alexander D. Kofinas's Ratings

Dr. Kofinas is truly my hero. He's the best doctor I've ever seen- hands down. He literally leaves no stone unturned when caring for you and your unborn baby. I'm totally confident with his protocols and care that he provides. This is my second pregnancy with him and WILL go back in a heartbeat if/when I have another. I would trust no one else! His office staff is also amazing. The office runs like clockwork because of them. They are all very knowledgable and so, so helpful. The sono techs are also beyond compare, they do such in-depth sonograms that no other doctor/hospital will do. If you're pregnant, I highly recommend Dr. Kofinas.

Submitted Aug. 17, 2014 | flag

Dr. Kofinas is a wonderful doctor. I was first treated by his brother, Dr. George Kofinas, and, once I was 8 weeks pregnant, began seeing Dr. Alexander Kofinas regularly every two weeks. He and his team are extremely professional, respectful, and knowledgable. I am always treated with sensitivity and respect, and am able to have all of my questions answered without judgment -- even the banal questions that I know only come from someone on her first pregnancy. Dr. Kofinas is very serious about his practice and treatment of his patients; he is meticulous and genuinely concerned about your pregnancy and its success. His staff is just as detail-oriented as he is, and every ultrasound is very thorough and precise. I love every visit with Dr. Kofinas and always leave feeling more confident about my pregnancy. A high-risk pregnancy can be scary and nerve-racking, and I feel blessed that I found a doctor whom I trust and respect to guide me and help quell any anxieties I may have. I highly recommend Kofinas Perinatal to anyone with a high-risk pregnancy.

Submitted Aug. 9, 2014 | flag

My husband and I are EXTREMELY grateful for all the Kofinas brothers and their AMAZING staff has done for us. We had one round of IVF and are hoping to deliver a healthy baby later this year. I know many other people that were also treated by the Kofinas brothers and are proud parents at this time. I ALWAYS felt that the ENTIRE nursing staff, the reception staff and most of the doctors had a wonderful bedside manner and made me feel comfortable and cared for which is saying A LOT considering I have a deep fear of doctors, hospitals etc. A few of the doctors are a bit intense as another patient mentioned but I never once doubted their knowledge and commitment. My husband and I did feel that the Billing Dept. could have been a bit more detailed prior to procedures as to what we would have to pay our of pocket and when.

Submitted Aug. 1, 2014 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Kofinas after having lost my twin sons at 24 weeks, with no good explanation as to why I suffered complications. I was told "these things just happen sometimes." Dr. Kofina's initial protocol includes screening (through bloodwork) for genetic and other conditions that could cause the condition that I later learned impacted my first pregnancy. Dr. Kofinas takes a proactive approach to diagnose potential issues BEFORE there are problems. I cannot understand why not all physicians operate under this logic. He provided me with answers and a concrete plan for moving forward. I have the utmost respect and trust in Dr. Kofinas and his staff, and I cannot imagine ever using another doctor. I had to pay out of pocket for my visits with Dr. Kofinas, which was a considerable amount of money, but I cannot place a price tag on the security and peace of mind he has given me during my current pregancy.

Submitted July 29, 2014 | flag

Dr. Kofinas is extremely knowledgeable and has been very helpful during a particular time of great uncertainty in our pregnancy. His staff is always friendly, helpful and they have always gone the extra mile to keep my experience as frictionless as possible. I highly recommended this practice!

Submitted July 27, 2014 | flag

I cannot give Dr. Kofinas and his staff a higher recommendation. They were amazing before and throughout my entire pregnancy. My husband and I had a lot of anxiety about the pregnancy and Dr. Kofinas and his staff were always there to support us and answer any and all questions we ever had. They kept baby and I safe and healthy throughout. We received the best possible care and cannot wait to go back to the office with our next pregnancy!

Submitted July 8, 2014 | flag

Alexander Kofinas- works out of Brooklyn and Garden City offices. BEWARE! Sent me for over $15,000 in bloodwork, make me go on Lovenox when I didn't need to and sent me for UNECESSARY surgery when I was 9 weeks pregnant! Thought I had an ectopic pregnancy but did not! He was unremorsefuland downright rude. Didn't even call to make sure baby and myself were OK after being subjected to anesthesia for no reason. He does still however insist that I pay him. Horrible horrible horrible! Please get a second opinion!!!!!!!

Submitted Feb. 21, 2014 | flag

I cannot describe Dr. Alex Kofinas in 1000 words. After 6 miscarriages with other doctors and over 20k in specialists claiming to be the "best doctors" in NYC, I went to George and Alex. Getting pregnant was not an issue- staying pregnant was. The emotional pain of this recurrence was unexplainable. It turned out that I had a severe case of a very common clotting disorder that was causing our losses. My husband and I were ALMOST hopeless. With the Kofinas brothers we tried for our 7th pregnancy, and now have a beautiful son. Dr. Alex Kofinas is one of the most caring, intelligent(and I mean this in the truest sense of the word) and amazing people we have ever met. Anytime I had concerns during my pregnancy, I just made a phone call to him and he would ensure I was seen immediately. Even after my pregnancy when I had a complication with my c-section, he had me come in to make sure I was okay. You cannot be in better hands with a perinatologist- or any doctor, in our opinion.

Submitted Oct. 18, 2013 | flag

We can give Alex Kofinas and his staff/team at the Institute our utmost praise. Our care and guidance, and their concern for the very best outcome, was exceptional. I was a forty-nine year old mom and I had a wonderful, uneventful pregnancy. It is important to follow exactly what Dr. Kofinas advises, and we did. His knowledge, and his staff/team's, experience are proven.

Submitted June 19, 2013 | flag

I am so gratefull to Dr. Kofinas for his passion and expertise in high risk OB/GYN. I needed his care durning my pregnancy since I was egg donor recipient and perimenopausal. I needed to go to the office every other week, and than weekly toward the end. Dr. Kofinas is so smart and confident in his care that you know you and baby are getting safe care. His office staff and nurses and sonographers are also so accommodating and pleasant. The office is very clean and comfortable. If you are in need of a high risk OB/GYN you can be assured that you will get excellent care here. I have recommended him to family and friends and wouldn't hesitate to use again if needed.

Submitted Dec. 17, 2012 | flag