Rate Dr. Alexander D. Kofinas

Dr. Alexander D. Kofinas's Ratings

Dr. Kofinas is an outstanding physician with the knowledge and expertise that mothers with a high risk pregnancy need and appreciate. As with most of his patients, I came to him after multiple heartbreaking situations and while it is not fair to expect miracles of your Dr., I feel as though he performs them every day. He and Dr. Nguyen take the time to explain everything and answer your questions, they are thorough. They are honest and do not sugar coat situations, but they provide hope when there was none, and it isn't false hope. They are proactive in their treatments and put their patients safety first. I drove from New Jersey practically every week of my pregnancy to see them because they are the best perinatology practice out there, and I have done my research. I cannot thank them enough for helping me bring my beautiful baby girl into this world, and wish more mothers would find them before so much heartbreak. Their staff is also exceptional, knowledgeable, and caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2579833].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

Dr. Kofinas treated me during my high risk pregnancy and was very attentive and professional. He calmed me down when I was worried and gave me great information that helped me when making decisions that would affect my pregnancy. If it weren't for him and his staff, I know I would not have a baby right now. My husband and I are eternally grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2564072].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2014

Unprofessional, rude, and arrogant could be three words to describe this guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2542113].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Its one thing to be a good doctor, and its another thing to be a good person. I can't really comment on this doctors knowledge and skill, because I'm not really qualified to judge. But as far a good person goes, this doc is the WORST. No bedside manners whatsoever. Fear mongering, and criticizing other doctors is his hobby. I guess he would be a pretty good doctor/person if he ever decides to let his ego get out of the way. Patients are people and not just a statistic, and it would behoove a doctor to treat patients like people.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2540564].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

Dr. Kofinas is truly my hero. He's the best doctor I've ever seen- hands down. He literally leaves no stone unturned when caring for you and your unborn baby. I'm totally confident with his protocols and care that he provides. This is my second pregnancy with him and WILL go back in a heartbeat if/when I have another. I would trust no one else!

His office staff is also amazing. The office runs like clockwork because of them. They are all very knowledgable and so, so helpful. The sono techs are also beyond compare, they do such in-depth sonograms that no other doctor/hospital will do.

If you're pregnant, I highly recommend Dr. Kofinas.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2501431].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2014

Dr. Kofinas is a wonderful doctor. I was first treated by his brother, Dr. George Kofinas, and, once I was 8 weeks pregnant, began seeing Dr. Alexander Kofinas regularly every two weeks. He and his team are extremely professional, respectful, and knowledgable. I am always treated with sensitivity and respect, and am able to have all of my questions answered without judgment -- even the banal questions that I know only come from someone on her first pregnancy. Dr. Kofinas is very serious about his practice and treatment of his patients; he is meticulous and genuinely concerned about your pregnancy and its success. His staff is just as detail-oriented as he is, and every ultrasound is very thorough and precise. I love every visit with Dr. Kofinas and always leave feeling more confident about my pregnancy. A high-risk pregnancy can be scary and nerve-racking, and I feel blessed that I found a doctor whom I trust and respect to guide me and help quell any anxieties I may have. I highly recommend Kofinas Perinatal to anyone with a high-risk pregnancy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2489875].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2014

My husband and I are EXTREMELY grateful for all the Kofinas brothers and their AMAZING staff has done for us. We had one round of IVF and are hoping to deliver a healthy baby later this year. I know many other people that were also treated by the Kofinas brothers and are proud parents at this time. I ALWAYS felt that the ENTIRE nursing staff, the reception staff and most of the doctors had a wonderful bedside manner and made me feel comfortable and cared for which is saying A LOT considering I have a deep fear of doctors, hospitals etc. A few of the doctors are a bit intense as another patient mentioned but I never once doubted their knowledge and commitment. My husband and I did feel that the Billing Dept. could have been a bit more detailed prior to procedures as to what we would have to pay our of pocket and when.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2481061].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Kofinas after having lost my twin sons at 24 weeks, with no good explanation as to why I suffered complications. I was told "these things just happen sometimes." Dr. Kofina's initial protocol includes screening (through bloodwork) for genetic and other conditions that could cause the condition that I later learned impacted my first pregnancy. Dr. Kofinas takes a proactive approach to diagnose potential issues BEFORE there are problems. I cannot understand why not all physicians operate under this logic. He provided me with answers and a concrete plan for moving forward. I have the utmost respect and trust in Dr. Kofinas and his staff, and I cannot imagine ever using another doctor. I had to pay out of pocket for my visits with Dr. Kofinas, which was a considerable amount of money, but I cannot place a price tag on the security and peace of mind he has given me during my current pregancy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2481060].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

Dr. Kofinas is extremely knowledgeable and has been very helpful during a particular time of great uncertainty in our pregnancy. His staff is always friendly, helpful and they have always gone the extra mile to keep my experience as frictionless as possible. I highly recommended this practice!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2481059].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2014

I cannot give Dr. Kofinas and his staff a higher recommendation. They were amazing before and throughout my entire pregnancy. My husband and I had a lot of anxiety about the pregnancy and Dr. Kofinas and his staff were always there to support us and answer any and all questions we ever had. They kept baby and I safe and healthy throughout. We received the best possible care and cannot wait to go back to the office with our next pregnancy!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2425246].votes_count ]]