Dr. Shawna L. Weisler

Grad. Year: 1996

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. Shawna L. Weisler has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5194925

19/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.9  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Shawna" to "Shawna L."
RID: 2781523

21/08/13 1 2 1 2 Dr. Weisler is great. She followed up with call giving blood test results. But her staffs are not very helpful and quite rude. They made you feel stupid if you called in on some simple questions.  Respond
RID: 2649221
15/05/13 1 3 5 5 I really like Dr. Weisler. She gave me a lot of important information that my previous doc didn't. I don't appreciate the way I was treated by her staff though. They make no apologies for miscommunications or rudeness. Left me wondering if the doctor knows how they treat her patients.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2412096
27/08/12 1 3 4 4 Good Doctor. Horrible staff and bad billing person.Doctor is pretty caring, know what she is doing. If her staff had been little bit more professional, I would have continued with the doctor.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1721576
24/02/12 1 1 1 1 Very unhappy with this doctor's office. Staff working there is the worst you can imagine. Stay away from Debbie. I was running low on my medication and asked for a refill. They could not refill my meds unless I made an appt and saw the Dr first. I asked for an appt and it was three months later. And they are not even trying to help you out. They do not care how you can survive without a medication, it's non of there business. They work really hard to make sure you have a miserable experience with their office. Stay away!  Respond
RID: 1480832
06/07/11 1 2 1 2 Staff rude. Doctor has no compassion and is cold. Pushes drug therapy over any other alternatives.  Respond
RID: 1436654
09/05/11 1 4 4 4 I've seen Dr. Weisler for a couple of years now. On a positive note, as a female to female, I appreciate the ease at which I can speak to her about my symptoms and she calls you with results. Just be warned, she seems to really go by blood work numbers alone and doesn't elaborate on informing/explaining to me about my disease or meds. The staff is the worst part and I believe the Dr. would be happier in a different environment. They are terrible, unhelpful and unhappy... like they could care less about working there. I have even seen the Dr. running around trying to retrieve paperwork that her staff lost or didn't care to get themselves. Once when I was running low on meds, the staff didn't want to refill my prescription until I came in for an appointment but she could only see me weeks later. I insisted and felt like I was troubling them to extend the script until my appointment, ugh!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1251474
15/09/10 1 3 1 4 The staff at this Dr's Office is terrible. They treat you like you are a complete idiot, or beneath them. Especially if you are newly diagnosed as a Diabetic Type 1. On one occassion, my pharmacy faxed paperwork to the office to have the prescription refilled, obviously it had the name of the pharmacy on it, someone from the office, Dr or staff, called the prescription into the wrong pharmacy. The patient hadn't been seen in the office for almost a year, and nobody called to see if this patient was dead or alive.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 582671
04/05/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Weisler is great. She is very much into the latest technology with insulin pumps and her staff are very helpful and knowledgeable too.
Insurance: CIGNA