Rate Dr. Walter J. Hodges

Dr. Walter J. Hodges's Ratings

After reading just great reviews here I decided to have my second baby with Dr Hodges and his practice. I think the reviewers here aren't very honest. The receptionists and nurses are ****es, rarely answer the phone and Dr Taub is destroying many lives . Dr a hodges is very friendly but doesn't take the responsibility and costs of the mistakes do e in his practice. I was left three weeks with a mastitis after having my baby, went through surgeries and tons of antibiotics, now having to do a cosmetic surgery on my breast because these people don't know about breast feeding and don't care about learning. But the end of this year I will have spent nearly $20,000 because of the malpractice done in this clinic. Go to yelp and read more realistic reviews on fair ridge obgyn, dr hodges practice. Be careful with practices that have this kind of problems, don't think you can use them if something happens to you, sue only in cases of death, palsy and brain damage.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2485251].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Hodges for many years now. He is one of the best doctors I have ever met. I do not have any kids, so I cannot comment on that process. Saying that, I can ensure you he will make sure your well being is the most important thing. Any concerns I have had has always been properly addressed. You can ask him anything and he will always explain you with as much details as you need. It is comforting to know you are not in a drive through like some of the other practices I had been. Also, he is a very kind person who will always respectfully greet you with a smile on his face! Years ago, I had to wait several months to be able to see him as a new patient and I can tell you that it was worth it!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2463858].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

Although Dr. Hodges has a great bedside manner, and seems very good at listening and "supporting" the type of birth we discussed, I had a nightmare experience delivering my first child. I was induced a week early from my due date bc the baby was measuring "big." I had no signs of readiness and this was not in my plan but I was scared into what can happen if I wait. After 30 hours of misery and every invasive procedure to try and kick start labor, which was painful and very invasive and against what my birth plan called for, I was released to come back the next evening. No thanks! I decided to wait past my due date before scheduling a csection. Mind you, I was in pre-labor for a whole week until a csection was scheduled (side effect of induction). On the day I was scheduled for csection I went into labor but went for csection bc dr said I did not dialate. Had significant blood loss, clotting in insision area and after catheter was removed UTI that was ignored until day 5! Months to recov

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2071686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

I've been going to gynecologists for 10 years. I've had bad, and decent experiences. I've went to men and women doctors, but I never felt comfortable when I've went. However when I went to Dr. Hodges for the first time earlier this year, I was amazed by how comfortable he made me feel! He's a sweet, friendly, knowledgeable, and humble man. I was primary concerned that the gyno I would go to would try to talk me into going on birth control pills because I've had previous gynecologists say that I NEED to be on BC pills even though my husband and I use protection. I had been on BC pills for quite a while and I felt like my body needed a break from them. But when I told Dr. Hodges that I didn't want to be on BC Pills but instead just use condoms, he said that should be just fine if that's the choice I feel is best. Simple as that. While doing the exam he kept up an interesting conversation to keep my mind off of what he was doing. He's simply the best Gynecologist I've EVER been to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2071685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2012

Dr Hodges delivered my twins and no cesarean! Great doctor as is his partner Jamie Zaita.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2071684].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2012

I met Dr Hodges at Fair Oaks Hospital during my senior L&D preceptorship. There is no doubt that he is one of the greatest physicians out there. He is patient, knowledgeable, laid back, humble, pays attention to the patients' concerns and plays it safe. Oh, and he has a great sense of humor that eases up even the most tense situations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2071683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2011

Dr. Hodges is AMAZING! I switched practice when I was about 35 weeks and only got to meet him 2times before he delivered my baby. He is absolutely patient and allowed me to have the 100% non-invasive and natural birth I longed for. At the hospital, when my husband asked for towels, he brought them in for us (what doc. does that?) he also helped the nurse move my bed into another room ... he is very relaxed, great bedside manners and most importantly knows what he is doing. I recommend him 100%. Some of his nurses can have a better attitude at work though (they are not as friendly at times) and perhaps I caught them on bad days ... who knows.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2071682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

I switched to this practice when I was 20 weeks pregnant and was very happy with the doctors there. Dr. Hodges in particular is a great listener and never seems to be in a hurry (but somehow manages to be on time as well). He was on duty for the first part of my labor and was very kind and patient, didn't make me feel rushed or pushed into anything, and really respected my wishes. I have recommended him to my friends and family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2071681].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2010

I went to see Dr. Hodges after reading reviews on this site. He seems very nice and knowledgeable.. I have fibroids and need a doctor who can perform a surgery on me...Is there anyone out there who's had a fibroid surgery done by Dr. Hodges?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2071680].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2009

I like all of the docs at his practice, Fair Ridge OBGYNs. The office is nice and upscale. It has been easy to make appointments and they see me on time. They always confirm whether all of my questions have been answered.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2071679].votes_count ]]