Rate Dr. Scott T. Bonvallet

Dr. Scott T. Bonvallet's Ratings

I went to Bonvellet and he recommended a sleep study which I did. Then they told me that I needed to do a second study because they couldn't get all the information they needed from the first $2100 sleep study. Then I got fitted with a CPAP machine, just like others said, masked fit poorly and they kept giving me new nose masks without considering full face mask. The kicker was going into an appointment which HE requested so that he could check my progress. I waited for 60 minutes for this guy and he never came out. His staff said that he was trying to learn a new computer program and had someone showing him how to use it. Then 4 days later he called me and tried to justify his actions to me rather than just saying sorry and moving on. I could not imagine treating customer the way that he treated me, very disappointing and puts a bad light on the Overlake Internal Medicine Team.

Submitted Sept. 10, 2013 | flag

In the end, another DR figured out that I was taking a med in the PM that I should take in the AM. That and getting off sleeping pills and it turned out I didn't have a sleep disorder. He is more of a cash making machine than a doctor. He would say "You have to wear the mask over 4 hours!" And I would tell him what I was doing to accomplish that and he would answer with, "Do not force it or you will end up hating the mask." If I wore the mask more than a few days in a row, my sinuses would get so dry that they would be bloody and not once would they address this. He once prescribed a sleeping drug which caused a drug reaction that gave me vivid nightmares of things like my dog being torn apart in front of me. I called his office and got no response, so I went off the drug. He scolded me for this. Lazy Dr, he never looked at my chart until he was in the room, no wonder he didn't catch the drug issue. Once he adjusted my machine and it was worse and he never even changed it back.

Submitted May 6, 2013 | flag

very professional & knowledgeable he is very competent highly recomend him

Submitted May 15, 2012 | flag

Dr. is knowledgeable, but if his standard 'fix' of a CPAP machine and multiple $280 visits to get it tuned doesn't do it for you, then you'll just get strung along until you wise up and find another, better sleep doctor. He office staff is the worst I have ever seen in 45 years. They practically throw a CPAP machine at you, don't tell you much about it, are grumpy on the phone when you call for supplies, never return calls and demean and interrupt you every chance they get. The Dr. seems to know his stuff - to a point. But once you add in the bottom-of-the-barrel office staff's lack of good nature and helpfulness, Dr. Bonvallet's office is a lose/lose proposition.

Submitted Sept. 1, 2011 | flag

I have a severe sleep disorder and this doctor has been able to pinpoint problems, make recommendations and has gotten me back to health. This is a complicated disorder to treat. He is skilled and has a good bed side manner.

Submitted Aug. 9, 2011 | flag

I consulted Dr. Bonvallet about chronic fatigue and poor sleep associated with snoring. After a sleep study, he diagnosed me as having sleep apnea and prescribed a CPAP machine. That's when the trouble began. The CPAP machine did resolve the snoring problem, but my poor sleep continued. Initially, Dr. Bonvallet said that it would take a few weeks to get used to the machine. After a few weeks came and went with no improvement, he began speaking in terms of a few months. Five months of sleep deprivation later, he moved his estimate out to nine months or longer. This may be the result of a poor mask fit, but herein lies another tale. I have bought almost ten different masks from Dr. Bonvallet's office. In each case, the mask fit poorly from the start, but the therapist insisted that it actually fit perfectly and I just needed to give it a few days. I asked several times to try a full-face mask, but they refused to issue anything other than a nasal pillow or nose-

Submitted April 17, 2008 | flag