Rate Dr. David A. Berman

Dr. David A. Berman's Ratings

Do NOT waste your money with this doctor! I went to Dr. Berman to get rid of the fat in those areas that are genetically predisposed to be there. He assured me that liposuction would take away these areas of fat and they would not return. Well, they did! I went back several times in the first several months to ask about my legs being so misshapen and rippled and got the brush off. This is one arrogant and pretentious man. He had the audacity to tell me that the rippling that was going on on my legs "nobody would notice" anyway and brushed it away like it was no big deal. To his credit, I will say that he offered (a year later) to "fix" the problem for me, in an outpatient visit that would only use topical anesthesia and I could drive myself back home (almost 50 miles) after the half hour he said it would take to suction out more of the fat where the ripples are bulging to try and even out my legs. Run, do not walk, far away from this arrogant and uncaring doctor.

Submitted Jan. 16, 2012 | flag

STAY AWAY!SOMETHING NOT RIGHT ABOUT THIS "DR." DO NOT SIGN ANY PRE-OP PAPERS UNLESS YOU TAKE THEM HOME. NOT 10 MIN. BEFORE SURGERY.

Submitted May 6, 2010 | flag

Submitted Oct. 24, 2009 | flag

this posting is to revise original posting dated 11/18/08 because this website is unable to allow a return to that account despite many attempt to contact them.( VERY POOR SERVICE-ratemd's.com) Dr. Berman did finally have me return and for no fee corrected an area that was not satisfactory. A patient satisfaction survey was sent out and when the office manager read my response was when something was done about it. It was unfortunate that I had to complain so much just to have done what I paid for, but at least it is done now. I did tell the office manager (Julie) that I feel they would do a service to the patient by disclosing fat removal limits BEFORE the procedure, so I could have chosen to have all the areas done in 2 separate visits, same price, but twice as much fat removed.(informed consent)-I would have chosen that!!!. If I was refunded 1/2 the money, I could have the procedure repeated and end up with better results. consider this a revision of the 11/18/08 posting.

Submitted May 12, 2009 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Berman for 3 years. I was referred to him by my internist . She thought I should have a specialist look at one of the moles on my face. He removed the mole and didn't leave a scar. He called me about a week later to see how I was doing and to tell me I had nothing to worry about, but I should make sure I have check up every 6 months. Last year when I was in I realized they also do other procedures in their office also. I have had 2 children and no matter what I do I cannot lose some of the fat. I had liposuction done 3 months ago and I look GREAT. Dr. Berman is AWESOME. I would highly recommend his office to everyone.

Submitted April 27, 2009 | flag

I had my leg veins treated with Saline injections by Dr. Berman with excellent results. Having said that, he does come across as a bit arrogant and VERY focused on the money he's being paid. Also appears to have a lot of turnover in his staff, a clear indicator of has sometimes 'harsh' communication style.

Submitted April 3, 2008 | flag

Although website and office are very impressive, the staff lacks compassion. I was only there for a consultation and luckily didn't pay anything. My consultation lasted about 10 minutes and basically consisted of being handed brochures on different procedures. In the brief time I was there, I felt like one of a thousand cows being herded through the office. In addition, their "sale" price for IPL laser is about the average price that other doctores charge without the sale so I'm assuming most procedures they offer are higher priced than normal. Not having had a procedure there, I can not comment on actual work, but as a potential new patient, I can say that the impersonal atmosphere pushed me to do more research and look elsewhere.

Submitted Feb. 26, 2007 | flag