Dr. Sean Edward Rockett

Grad. Year: 1993

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 20/09/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 25 reviews. Dr. Sean Edward Rockett has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: does dr rockett perform an operation called "mako procedure"?    Email me    Answer it

Dr. Sean Edward Rockett
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5287744
20/03/14 5 5 5 5 Dr Sean Rockett is a top quality person and one of the best knee doctors in Massachusetts. I really trust and I feel like I'm in the best hands when I have him operate on my knee. I look forward to getting back to doing sports soon due to his expertise and the quality of his work and communication. I've had 5 knee surgeries and he has performed the last 2 and my knee has felt great both times. One was a cleanout back in 2006 when my knee was painful before but not after surgery. The cleanout was for removal of rough areas and the most recent (3 months ago) was an ACL replacement. The knee feels great, no pain, and getting more stable through proper PT and doing the exercises at home daily.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond

27/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.3
RID: 4289819
24/01/14 4 5 5 5 Dr. Rockett is THE best. Very understanding, gentle and knowledgeable. Felt very confident in his care. His results were right on!
RID: 3650529
08/01/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Rockett has helped me with multiple sport injuries including tendon surgery, broken collar bone, and tendonitis. He has also treated my daughter for a broken wrist. In all cases he was kind, patient, and knowledgeable. He has made it possible for me to continue with my athletic endeavors. I would highly recommend Dr. Rockett to anyone needing an orthopedic specialist.
RID: 2645597
10/05/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Rockett has performed two rotator cuff repairs, a minor hip surgery, and a total hip replacement on me. He has a way of making you feel like there is nothing to be afraid of. I can honestly say the worst part of my hip replacement was the terrible headache I got from lack of caffeine the morning of the surgery. I have found him very accessible (for a surgeon). When I am confused about something, after an appointment (which I sometimes am because we get to laughing so hard about assorted stuff), I'll call his office. He ALWAYS calls me back. He is good with the pain medications, but not reckless. He believes me when I tell him, "If it didn't hurt really bad, I wouldn't be here." The Newton-Wellesley office staff are, without exception, wonderful. No one has ever been rude to me. And Dr. Rockett has only been late once--for my second shoulder surgery--by about 20 minutes. He is often early when I have an appointment in the office. I recommend him without hesitation.
RID: 2635695
30/04/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Rockett performed a Bankart repair on my shoulder. I sought him out as a surgeon (changed my pcp to get the referral) because I knew he was a fellow athlete and would consider my activity level. His diagnosis and treatment were perfect, we tried traditional methods before surgery and he did not waste time once it was established that I did require the procedure. He explained everything to me in great detail. I am five months after the surgery and my quality of life is dramatically improved, I can sleep at night without pain. He is well balanced in the post op approach, I felt that I moved along at the proper pace during the physiotherapy stage and am now back to regular athletic workouts (85% strength, 95% rom). He knew my athletic profile and was neither too conservative or too liberal in getting me back to the gym. Additionally, he was extremely accessible during all phases of my treatment and prepared my expectations accurately. I would highly recommend Dr. Rockett.  Respond
RID: 2536407
20/01/13 5 5 5 5 We had a great experience! We had been to the kaplan Joint Center before to see Dr. bedair for my complete knee surgery. The girls in the office told me that they had a great shoulder dr. And we made an appt. I had surgery on Jan. 9th and just went back for my post op on Jan 18th. The very next day I was moving my shoulder and also eating with my right hand! The nurses and Dr Rockett called for several days after to check on me! They really cared about my recovery. I would recommend Dr Rockett to anyone who is looking for a wonderful Dr. I can' t thank him enough! Michael Sullivan
RID: 2470625
09/11/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Rockett and his Staff are committed to excellent care. They are experienced staff who keep track of who you are and where you are in your entire surgical process. I am extremely impressed with the care I received during my complete knee replacement. Their reputation and commitment is real and very rare. I was never afraid or apprehensive during the entire process due to the calm and competent staff. They are an accurate reflection of a standard of care that is far and above many other doctors. At 57 yrs old I feel blessed to have a second chance to return to my active life after my knee surgery.
RID: 2356229
12/07/12 5 5 5 5 He did a great job on my meniscus surgery. Very little pain afterwards. Never had to take any pain medication.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2240624
12/06/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Rockett repaired my shoulder, explaning the procedure and setting expectations for my recovery. Everything went as planned, was a complete success and I'm back playing my favorite sport, Capoeira, once again. I can't thank him enough for his professionalism, expertise and excellent results.  Respond

03/05/12 SYSTEM: combined ratings from Sports Medicine listing (DID: 3374583)
RID: 1787639
23/03/12 5 5 5 5 Even though my case was workers comp. I was treated awesome..Dr. Rockett and his staff are so caring!! They all go above and beyond their jobs!! Everyone is so professional and caring.. They Always say if you need anything please call, you are not treated like a number!! The office staff is awesome and they deserve a lot of credit for their patience!! It goes without saying Dr. Rockett is a awesome Dr. He explains everything to you and there are no surprises with him!! I would recommend him to everyone, he gets the job done right the first time!! I have NEVER written a review on a Dr. Or his office staff, thats how much they have impressed me!!
Insurance: Workers Comp
RID: 1715694
16/02/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Rockett is not only an outstanding surgeon but is truly concerned about his patient's overall being. He came to see me twice on the day of my surgery and again before I was discharged. He listens to his patient and puts you at ease with his knowledge and confidence that you will be pain free after surgery. Words cannot express how grateful I am to Dr. Rockett and his staff for giving me a pain free life again.  Respond
RID: 1579071
03/11/11 5 5 5 5 I had rotator cuff surgery with the doctor and in 4 months was feeling so much better and stronger than before. Can't thank him enough. He and his staff were GREAT to deal with.  Respond
RID: 1511179
12/08/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Rockett was very helpful and repaired my shoulder to the point where I can lift weights again and not have pain. He was also great with my family, calling them after surgery and the next day to see how I was doing. Never had a doctor do that before.
Insurance: Workers Comp
Respond

27/09/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1250966
15/09/10 5 5 5 5 dr rockett is clear and provides full info regarding options and implications for each. he is gentle and thorough. he also has a sense of humor and style the diffuses tenseness.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1237808
26/08/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Rockett came highly recommended by friends and my GP. He has now repaired both of my shoulders. I would not even think of going to any other orthopedic surgeon. My Physical Therapist was amazed that my recovery time was so short even though the damage to my shoulder was so severe. He got me back playing competitive sports 5 months after surgery.
RID: 1178407
28/05/10 5 5 5 5 I wanted to convey my thanks to Dr. Rockett and the staff at MWNW Orthopedics. I recently had a sports-related accident that tore my rotator cuff, which led me to MWNW and Dr. Rockett. I found my experience with Dr. Rockett, his staff and Newton Wellesley Hospital amazing, I would characterize as “ I felt like family” their genuine interest in my well being and comfort during consult , pre-opt and surgery was always their primary concern. I would HIGHLY recommend him!
RID: 1156480
25/04/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Rockett is excellent. He was very thorough, took alot of history and listened attentively, and provided a diagnosis and treatment that was right on target. I found him so easy to talk and listen to as well. He provided me with the information I needed to know while not overloading me with alot of technical jargon. However when I asked second and third level questions, he provided the information I needed in a clear easy to follow way. As an athlete eager to get back at my sport, it was also great to know he really understands athletes, and how to get them back to the game asap. I would highly recommend Dr. Rockett and have to my friends and fellow athletes.
RID: 1080384
15/01/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Rockett performed elbow surgery on me and it was an extremely positive experience. He came into the waiting room prior to surgery and talked with me - he was so laided back which made me feel so comfortable and at ease. I would highly recommend Dr. Rockett to everyone. He is the best!!!!
RID: 793595
18/02/09 5 5 5 5 I have recommended him to friends and neighbors who have also found him terrific.
Insurance: Tufts
RID: 686996
18/09/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Rockett performed my husbands knee surgery about 5 years ago, when my knee started to be bothersome, I knew the orthopedic doctor I wanted to be seen by. Today I had my surgery and Dr. Rocket was superb. He has an awsome bedside manner and called my husband immediately after my surgery. For a surgeon to do this personally, I feel is above and beyond. The staff at Dr. Rockett's office also deserve some credit as they were extremely helpful to me in my spouses surgery and follow-up care and again to myself this time around. I was employed in the ER at the hospital Dr. Rockett is affiliated with, one Christmas he and his family arrived with food for the staff working during the holiday. I will never forget the appreciation exhibited by Dr. Rockett and his family for his co-workers. I feel he exhibits this same attitude toward his patients; moreover, I recommend Dr. Rockett to anyone searching for an orthopedic specialist.
RID: 449844
25/11/07 4 4 5 5 Dr. Rockett REALLY knows what he is doing. He surgically shortened shoulder ligaments for me 3 years ago, and since then I have had many accidents from which my shoulder has dislocated, but his ligaments have stayed stable. His diagnoses are always correct and insightful, and he genuinely cares about his patients. After my surgery he stopped by the hospital later that night to see how I was doing, and called my house for the next two days once I left the hospital, which he really did not have to do. plus he jokes around!! My sisters both go to him now for their knees and back and I will recommend him to anyone who asks!
RID: 344269
13/06/07 5 5 5 Dr. Rockett repaired a "large rotator cuff tear" (his description after the fact) 6 years ago. He answered my questions, explained the MRI pictures, and let me take my time deciding about surgery. I was pain-free after 3 months of therapy, following his instructions; I had recovered full range of motion and strength within a year. Now I have to remind myself to be careful; the shoulder works as well as it ever did. The process wasn't fun, but he supported me through every bit of it.
RID: 46772
21/09/06 5 5 5 Dr. Rockett is everything an orthopedic doctor should be. He was great with my son, made it fun and stress free and of course was the first to sign the cast with the Rockett logo. I went back to him for my ACL the same year.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 46696
21/09/06 5 5 5 Dr.Rockett is the best! I am an R.N. who had arthroscopic knee surgery by Dr.Rockett,he was extremely knowledge,excellent surgeon, and recovery was exactly as he stated it would be.I highly recommend him, and always do when asked about an orthopedic surgeon.
RID: 46681
21/09/06 5 4 5 Dr. Rockett is a quiet man but extremely professional and knowledgable. His diagnosis was completely accurate and he found the problem that the MRI could not. He doesn't share much unless you ask and thus the 4 rating on helpfulness. But when you do ask, he is clear and consise. Shoulder surgery went well... has nothing to do with the doctor but recovery is taking longer than I expected. I didn't really believe him when he said it would be a lengthy recovery. Dr. Rockett was right.
* - Rating left by a registered user