Rate Dr. Hendricks H. Whitman

Dr. Hendricks H. Whitman's Ratings

Doctor communicates mainly in writing, which can feel odd and impersonal. However I am grateful for his obvious expertise in my condition (fibro/CFS), which is surprisingly very hard to come by even here in NYC. I know from my own rigorous research that I have been correctly diagnosed and am getting the right treatment, which is comforting given how dismissive other physicians have been.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][843649].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

*I have been seeing Dr. Whitman since 1999 for Mixed Connective Tissue Disease- a combination of Polymyositis, Scleroderma and Lupus-which is extremely complicated to treat. I was diagnosed in 1995 and had tried multiple Rheumatologists in my area, but my illness continued to progress. When a fellow RN(with Scleroderma) referred me to Dr. Whitman who was 1 hour away, I new I had found the doctor who would help me. He's always greeted me with a smile and spent as much time as I needed, always looking at me when I was in distress. In order to get all my complaints on paper he had to look down and write while I was talking- which as a nurse, I understood and was happy with. He tried everything from antibiotic therapy, alternative, along with mainstream treatments and always, always had done research before I saw him next, and prepared to keep trying. I came to him in a wheelchair and now can walk, and at least be mostly independent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][843648].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

Dr. Whitman is the BEST anyone could ask for. He was my 4th rheumatologist and the only one who not only listened to what was happening to me but acted upon them. He is not only intelligent but also a good listener. I cannot say enough good about him. It's a shame that more doctors don't follow his protocol on how to not only listen to their patients but to treat them as patients and not just a number.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][843647].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2012

Dr. Whitman is the best rheumatologist I have ever had. (He is my 5th.) He listens to me, considers my thoughts and ideas, and is always prompt and efficient. He is willing to look at any issue that might impact my condition, for example: vitamin D, B6, zinc/copper levels, and he is eager to prescribe the best treatment for me. The office is very large, but clean, organized, and very efficient. I feel welcomed and well cared for every visit. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][843646].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2011

I was recommended to Dr. Whitman for an auto immune disease diagnosis. I have actually not felt this good in about 12 years. He seemed to piece together all the test results & symptoms, chose the proper medications, and each visit he goes over what is happening and tries to then solve it. I am very very satisfied with my health for the first time in years. You just need to understand that he does not have eye contact with you, but he is intently listening and thinking while you speak to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][843645].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

DR Whitman. what can I say. I worked for this doctor. He is the most knowledgeable doctor there is when it come to Rhumatic diseases. He trys antibiotic therapy (only doctor on this side of the coast to do so)to see if you can handle it. if not then he will research and research till he finds what is the best thing for you. He may not be the most personal, face to face doctor. But there is ever a time that I had some thing in his field of expert then I would hunt him down to treat me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][843644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2009

I was thrilled to find Dr. Whitman. Not to many people can help me with the autoimmune disease that I have. He is one of the very few that truly understands my needs and is very giving with his time and knowledge. I was using another doctor for a long time and he would only give me routine care. My disease is becomming more agressive and I feel that I have found the right doctor going foreward. Thank you Dr. Whitman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][843643].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I personally thought Dr. Whitman is wonderful. He is rated highly among other doctors. He also gives alternatives to traditional medicines when it comes to rheumatic illnesses. That's exactly why I saw him, and he turned out to be very thorough!! He spent about 40 minutes with me on my first appointment and too lots of notes. And he gave me a copy of those and he copied my regular family doctor on them too. He ordered a series of blood tests for me and I will see him again soon when the results come in. He went above and beyond what I've seen other doctors do. Most rheumatologists will give you the option of prednisone, methotrexate, or "good luck can't do much for ya then". He wasn't like that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][843642].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2008

The 4th time that I went to his office, he asked me if I have been there before. He never look at you, is like he do not listen what I am telling him, he answer just with an Uhum!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][843641].votes_count ]]