Rate Dr. Dawne A. Lowden

Dr. Dawne A. Lowden's Ratings

Dr. Lowden is a very good doctor and made the process of having a baby as easy as possible. My wife and I thought she was funny and helpful. My suggestion is to have your questions ready for her before your visit because it makes the appointment much easier. She is also a good mom and gave us good advice when we asked for her opinion.

Submitted Nov. 10, 2013 | flag

Submitted Oct. 17, 2013 | flag

Dr. Lowden has been amazing throughout my pregnancy. I still have 2 months to go but so far she has answered every question I have had in a very effective way. She is very compassionate and has helped me get through this time as my husband is also newly diagnosed with cancer. The staff has been nothing but helpful every time ive been to the office or called. Yes there are times when I have to wait a little for my appointment but that should be expected with an OBGYN. This is my first pregnancy and if I ever have another baby I will be choosing Dr. Lowden again!

Submitted June 24, 2013 | flag

Highly not recommended.i had an awful experience with this doctor.Well i know in pregnancy most of the symptoms are normal.i had such a severe problem of rashes and itching i told this doc and she didn;t even bother to see the rash.i had bleeding,i called office, nurse said thats normal,without even wanting to find out more..dr.lowden used to be quite most of the time..and there used to be silence in the room, awkward silence. The saddest part was, i lost my baby for non immune hydrops and for 8 mnths she was inside me sick..and they didnot even find that out despite of my letting them know of various symptoms..i simply think..she took my case very lightly, which i think is the scariest thing a doctor could do to her patient.i would never go back to this doctor.

Submitted May 28, 2012 | flag

Be careful! I left a negative rating on Dr. Lowden several years ago and at that time there were several other negative reviews on her as well. However, when I checked today, my previous review, along with all (except one) of the other negative reviews are gone. I can't help but think Dr. Lowden had something to do with getting them removed. She is a very condescending and extremely rude person and I'm sure when Dr. Lowden sees this post it will be deleted as well.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2012 | flag

Dr. Lowden takes the time to talk over all aspects of my care. She is thorough, professional, respectful of my privacy, and knowledgeable about all phases of women's health care.

Submitted Feb. 3, 2012 | flag

I believe that Dr. Lowden is the best OBGYN in Wichita. She has been with me through two pregnancies and was there for both births. She has also removed one of my ovaries. My husb is not a big fan of Dr.'s in general, but always appreciated Dr. Lowdens ability to answer all his questions in a way that made sense to him. Yes, there are times I have had to wait for appt. but, she is an OBGYN, of course she has deliveries and other emergencies w her patients that make her run late of have to reschedule. I have never minded having to resched, or waiting.. cause I know that when I was in the delivery rm.. I wanted her there, I am sure she missed multiple appts for both of my deliveries. That is just part of it.. and I certainly do not mind. Basically, I love her and wouldn't dream of ever going to anyone else!! I refer her to every woman I know!

Submitted Nov. 22, 2011 | flag

She save one of my twins life durring labor one of my daughters heart stopped beating and she had both of them out in less than 2 min to save her. Amazing!

Submitted July 21, 2011 | flag

Love Dr. Lowden. She went out of her way to make sure she was present for both of my deliveries as I requested, even though she was supposed to go out of town and another Dr was on call. She always has a smile and she is an experienced mother too. Sometimes appts are doublebooked, but as you know during pregnancy, there are times when you need to get in now! When I was pregnant, I never had an issue being able to get in. That is their top priority. Now that I am not pregnant, I don't mind a little wait, because I remember those who waited for me.

Submitted Oct. 22, 2010 | flag

I had a rough time with Dr. Lowden. She stood in the hallway for my entire labor, popping in once to say hi, I'm here & I'll monitor you from the hallway (apparently she could see all the monitors from there as well)and then once again while I was pushing to ask why I hadn't pushed on one of the contractions. Don't mean any disrespect to her - she is one of the most knowledgeable & effective OBs around. I just don't think we clicked & she always seemed rushed at office appointments. Just think she's overworked. Regarding labor & delivery, she made my 1st pregnancy feel like an inconvenience.

Submitted Nov. 21, 2009 | flag