You may also like

Rate Dr. Dawne A. Lowden

Dr. Dawne A. Lowden's Ratings

My son was born in January 2012. First let me say, the nurse Lisa was great! Dr Lowden was ok. She was very curt and gave short, to-the-point answers to questions. Did not seem very friendly. When I expressed a desire to go without the epidural, she pretty much said that a lot of women say that and find out it's unrealistic when labor hits. She was pretty nonchalant, and not very caring, about the fact that my son was breech for awhile, which upset me very much since I wanted a natural birth. The sonogram lady, Michelle, was awful. Oh, she knew her stuff, that's for sure, but she was rude and speedy gonzales. Did not take time to let you enjoy seeing your precious little one for the first time. Also when they did a quick sonogram to see if my son was breech, she very rudely said, "Yep, it's breech." No kind words to soften the blow. My sister in law, who had come to support me, was shocked! Thankfully, my son turned before we had to try inversion. What probably turned me off the most from ever using Dr Lowden again was the fact that she never came to visit me after my son was born!! I understand that she wasn't on-call when I arrived at the hospital in the evening (fully dialated and ready to push!!). But she didn't even stop in the next day to check on us and say hi. She had another dr from her office stop in to see us. I had never even met the other dr!!! I thought it was rude to send someone else I'd had zero interaction with, and not even take the time to stop by.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2731837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

She does not like to answer tough questions. No bedside manner. Almost defensive and angry.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2710613].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2015

Dr. Lowden is a very good doctor and made the process of having a baby as easy as possible. My wife and I thought she was funny and helpful. My suggestion is to have your questions ready for her before your visit because it makes the appointment much easier. She is also a good mom and gave us good advice when we asked for her opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][845118].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][845122].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2013

Dr. Lowden has been amazing throughout my pregnancy. I still have 2 months to go but so far she has answered every question I have had in a very effective way. She is very compassionate and has helped me get through this time as my husband is also newly diagnosed with cancer. The staff has been nothing but helpful every time ive been to the office or called. Yes there are times when I have to wait a little for my appointment but that should be expected with an OBGYN. This is my first pregnancy and if I ever have another baby I will be choosing Dr. Lowden again!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][845117].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Highly not recommended.i had an awful experience with this doctor.Well i know in pregnancy most of the symptoms are normal.i had such a severe problem of rashes and itching i told this doc and she didn;t even bother to see the rash.i had bleeding,i called office, nurse said thats normal,without even wanting to find out more..dr.lowden used to be quite most of the time..and there used to be silence in the room, awkward silence. The saddest part was, i lost my baby for non immune hydrops and for 8 mnths she was inside me sick..and they didnot even find that out despite of my letting them know of various symptoms..i simply think..she took my case very lightly, which i think is the scariest thing a doctor could do to her patient.i would never go back to this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][845121].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2012

Be careful! I left a negative rating on Dr. Lowden several years ago and at that time there were several other negative reviews on her as well. However, when I checked today, my previous review, along with all (except one) of the other negative reviews are gone. I can't help but think Dr. Lowden had something to do with getting them removed. She is a very condescending and extremely rude person and I'm sure when Dr. Lowden sees this post it will be deleted as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][845120].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2012

Dr. Lowden takes the time to talk over all aspects of my care. She is thorough, professional, respectful of my privacy, and knowledgeable about all phases of women's health care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][845116].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2012

I believe that Dr. Lowden is the best OBGYN in Wichita. She has been with me through two pregnancies and was there for both births. She has also removed one of my ovaries. My husb is not a big fan of Dr.'s in general, but always appreciated Dr. Lowdens ability to answer all his questions in a way that made sense to him. Yes, there are times I have had to wait for appt. but, she is an OBGYN, of course she has deliveries and other emergencies w her patients that make her run late of have to reschedule. I have never minded having to resched, or waiting.. cause I know that when I was in the delivery rm.. I wanted her there, I am sure she missed multiple appts for both of my deliveries. That is just part of it.. and I certainly do not mind. Basically, I love her and wouldn't dream of ever going to anyone else!! I refer her to every woman I know!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][845115].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2011

She save one of my twins life durring labor one of my daughters heart stopped beating and she had both of them out in less than 2 min to save her. Amazing!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][845114].votes_count ]]