Dr. Dawne A. Lowden

Grad. Year: 1994

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. Dawne A. Lowden has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. Dawne A. Lowden
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

09/02/14 SYSTEM: 1 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 3601292
10/11/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lowden is a very good doctor and made the process of having a baby as easy as possible. My wife and I thought she was funny and helpful. My suggestion is to have your questions ready for her before your visit because it makes the appointment much easier. She is also a good mom and gave us good advice when we asked for her opinion.
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Dawne" to "Dawne A."
RID: 2917441

17/10/13 1 1 1 1
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 2692972
24/06/13 4 3 5 5 Dr. Lowden has been amazing throughout my pregnancy. I still have 2 months to go but so far she has answered every question I have had in a very effective way. She is very compassionate and has helped me get through this time as my husband is also newly diagnosed with cancer. The staff has been nothing but helpful every time ive been to the office or called. Yes there are times when I have to wait a little for my appointment but that should be expected with an OBGYN. This is my first pregnancy and if I ever have another baby I will be choosing Dr. Lowden again!
RID: 2162356

28/05/12 3 3 1 2 Highly not recommended.i had an awful experience with this doctor.Well i know in pregnancy most of the symptoms are normal.i had such a severe problem of rashes and itching i told this doc and she didn;t even bother to see the rash.i had bleeding,i called office, nurse said thats normal,without even wanting to find out more..dr.lowden used to be quite most of the time..and there used to be silence in the room, awkward silence. The saddest part was, i lost my baby for non immune hydrops and for 8 mnths she was inside me sick..and they didnot even find that out despite of my letting them know of various symptoms..i simply think..she took my case very lightly, which i think is the scariest thing a doctor could do to her patient.i would never go back to this doctor.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1722595

25/02/12 3 2 1 1 Be careful! I left a negative rating on Dr. Lowden several years ago and at that time there were several other negative reviews on her as well. However, when I checked today, my previous review, along with all (except one) of the other negative reviews are gone. I can't help but think Dr. Lowden had something to do with getting them removed. She is a very condescending and extremely rude person and I'm sure when Dr. Lowden sees this post it will be deleted as well.  Respond
RID: 1703885
03/02/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lowden takes the time to talk over all aspects of my care. She is thorough, professional, respectful of my privacy, and knowledgeable about all phases of women's health care.
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 1641210
22/11/11 5 3 5 5 I believe that Dr. Lowden is the best OBGYN in Wichita. She has been with me through two pregnancies and was there for both births. She has also removed one of my ovaries. My husb is not a big fan of Dr.'s in general, but always appreciated Dr. Lowdens ability to answer all his questions in a way that made sense to him. Yes, there are times I have had to wait for appt. but, she is an OBGYN, of course she has deliveries and other emergencies w her patients that make her run late of have to reschedule. I have never minded having to resched, or waiting.. cause I know that when I was in the delivery rm.. I wanted her there, I am sure she missed multiple appts for both of my deliveries. That is just part of it.. and I certainly do not mind. Basically, I love her and wouldn't dream of ever going to anyone else!! I refer her to every woman I know!
Insurance: Coventry
RID: 1492458
21/07/11 5 5 5 5 She save one of my twins life durring labor one of my daughters heart stopped beating and she had both of them out in less than 2 min to save her. Amazing!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1277355
22/10/10 5 5 5 5 Love Dr. Lowden. She went out of her way to make sure she was present for both of my deliveries as I requested, even though she was supposed to go out of town and another Dr was on call. She always has a smile and she is an experienced mother too. Sometimes appts are doublebooked, but as you know during pregnancy, there are times when you need to get in now! When I was pregnant, I never had an issue being able to get in. That is their top priority. Now that I am not pregnant, I don't mind a little wait, because I remember those who waited for me.  Respond
RID: 1039911
21/11/09 5 1 2 5 I had a rough time with Dr. Lowden. She stood in the hallway for my entire labor, popping in once to say hi, I'm here & I'll monitor you from the hallway (apparently she could see all the monitors from there as well)and then once again while I was pushing to ask why I hadn't pushed on one of the contractions. Don't mean any disrespect to her - she is one of the most knowledgeable & effective OBs around. I just don't think we clicked & she always seemed rushed at office appointments. Just think she's overworked. Regarding labor & delivery, she made my 1st pregnancy feel like an inconvenience.  Respond
RID: 806186
03/03/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Lowden has seen me at my most vulnerable points in my life. She took care of me with 2 high risk pregnancies. She saved my first sons life, and saved my life delivering my second a month early. (all healthy 9lbs) She helped me threw postpartum depression, and cancer. She is the best OB in wichita. Her staff has done nothing but bend over backward to help me get the care I need. Her PA is excellent as well, she did biopsies on me (a very painful procedure) all the while keeping me calm and talking. Dr. Lowden made sure she was at both deliveries even when it was not her night to work. She has triumphed in her life. She is now my friend. She is a proud mother of 4... She is a real Dr., Mother, Teacher, and Friend.
RID: 739428
08/12/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lowden is WONDERFUL! I first suffered a miscarriage and then went through a very miserable pregnancy and I can't speak highly enough of her and her staff! She doesn't strike me as someone who is going to constantly pat your back or hold your hand, but she listens to your concerns, answers your questions honestly and thoroughly, and is very "to the point" meaning she'll tell you one way or the other if something is good or bad, she doesn't beat around the bush! Since I prefer a doctor who doesn't sugar coat things, she was definitely the right choice for me. She always took the time to reassure my fears, but wasn't "motherly" about it. I recommend her to anyone I know who needs an OB/GYN!
RID: 677347
02/09/08 1 2 5 4 She is very knowledgeable, but staff is poor and appts are overbooked. There is always a long wait. The office is not run in a professional manner. A pregnant friend got cancelled out of 2 appointments and then was released as a patient because she was too far along in her pregnancy and had never seen a doctor (but had seen her PA).
RID: 547695