Dr. Douglas H. Desantis

Rate Dr. Douglas H. Desantis

Dr. Douglas H. Desantis's Ratings

While no one wants to be at the doctor's office Dr. DeSantis helps to ease the discomfort you are going through. I moved to Havelock from Long Island, NY in May 2013. I felt right at home when he walked in. He told me the same thing when he heard my NY accent. Lol. He is a caring and intelligent doctor who takes time to hear your concerns but offers his diagnosis quickly, gives you a prescription if needed but also recommends initial actions you can do on your own to help speed the recovery of your ailment. He definitely is a godsend to Havelock. I recommend him to anyone who needs a doctor here in Havelock. :-)

Submitted April 23, 2014 | flag

Dr. Desantis is an amazing doctor. He took care of both my parenst, my sister, my brother and my self. I miss him terribly. Dr. Desantis is one of the most intelligent, compassionate and personable doctors I have ever met. I miss him terribly, when he left the seacoast he left a huge void in the in the medical community.

Submitted Sept. 24, 2013 | flag

The community of Havelock, NC is extremely lucky to have Dr. Doug Desantis. My family and I reside in North Hampton, NH, and Dough was our Primary Care Physician for over 11 years. He always made himself available whenever we needed him: night, day, Holidays, and weekends. We cried when Doug informed us that he was moving to NC. He is one of the most caring, understanding, and knowledgeable physicians we have had the pleasure to know. Havelock, you are extremely fortunate to have Doug to care for you.

Submitted Sept. 11, 2013 | flag

Dr. Desantis is very knowledgeable, great, caring physician that listens to his patients closely. He Is abreast with the latest medical literature and follows up with his patients lab work and medical test promptly. He is by far the best physician I have ever had.

Submitted Jan. 29, 2012 | flag

Dr Desantis is a terrific Dr. I have moved away after having him for a dr for eight years. He was always respectful and caring. I am having a hard time finding another dr that is half as good. I would (and have) recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2009 | flag

Dr. Desantis is a great doctor and very knowledgable. As far as billing at the facility he works at, that is a different story. The billing staff submits bills to Portsmouth hospital and then they in turn bill the insurance company. The office billed my annual physical under the wrong code and it took six months of talking to them, Portsmouth, and my insurance only to find out that I ended up paying for my annual physical which should have been paid from my insurance if it was billed under the correct code initially. I only ended up paying it because they would not speak with one another. They continued to ask me to call portsmouth hospital and call the insurance and call the doctors office. They then threatened to report to credit agency and I have perfect credit so ended up paying the bill myself. It never was resolved. The insurance company said the doctor office exceeded the maximum time limit to submit the bill and they would not pay.

Submitted Aug. 26, 2009 | flag

Dr. Desantis is my elderly mom's doctor and one of the all around best doctors I've encountered. As well as being very knowledgeable and reliable, he is very kind, honest, and caring towards his patients. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking a general doctor.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2009 | flag

Outstanding Dr. Very smart and up to date on everything. Is not vague with his opinions or suggestions (i.e. if you're overweight, he'll tell you) Would absolutely recommend him to anyone.

Submitted June 8, 2009 | flag

Dr. Desantis has been my doctor for several years now. I have never felt rushed but he does provide quick service. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a primary care doctor.

Submitted March 4, 2009 | flag