Rate Dr. Richard N. Footer

Dr. Richard N. Footer's Ratings

Sorry to say, but I would never use this office again. The doctor charges 'complex visit' charges for simple procedures to either make money or simply from lack of knowledge of billing codes (verified with the insurance company). The office manager/billing person Marla lacks basic people skills and when on phone she puts you on hold multiple times during the conversation. When problems arise, they are not really looking to resolve the problem. Dr. Footer can be a good doctor, but Marla can really make the whole experience very unpleasant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2642577].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

My experience with Dr. R N Footer and receptionist Marla was mind blowing – unprofessional and unethical... I had booked an annual check-up, however was charged for “preconception counseling” not covered with my insurance – all because as part of the routine questions, the doctor asked whether I was planning to have children – for which I answered that I was considering and had some conversation about it. I asked the office for an explanation of the bill (it only has writing “Patient Responsibility - $X) and my medical records so I could resolve the issue with ins co – after 3 letters, 6-8 calls and 1 office visit, I still have not received my records nor explanation. I was highly disturbed by Marla’s communication style – she was rude, did not listen and talked over my husband, she even raised her voice and hung up the calls on two occasions. When we asked to talk to the doctor, she said the doctor was busy and did not enable the touch point. I will never go back to this doctor again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2464392].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

I am a relatively new patient and have the staff and doctor to be top-notch.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2085279].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2013

Dr. Footer is a sole practitioner and his wife is the office manager/nurse/receptionist/billing clerk. I found Dr. Footer to be knowledgeable, but hurried and judgemental. His office manager was rude and unhelpful. When I called to tell her that my prescription could not be filled without a verbal authorization from the doctor she started yelling at me, insisting that I had to call the insurer myself. She was flat out wrong, but just didn't want to be bothered making the call. When I asked for my medical records, she didn't have them ready, even though she told my husband they would be ready for pick up. Dr. Footer is okay, but his office manager is nasty and made my experience so unpleasant that I switched doctors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2085278].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2012

I've been going to Dr Footer for years as he has delivered my 2 beautiful daughters. I really appreciated the time and care that he has always shown me and how he has answered all of my questions and really goes out of his way to make me feel comfortable. Will not go to anyones else

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2085277].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2012

First class. Delivered both of my kids. Kind, understanding and an expert in his field.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2085276].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2011

Fabulous. i have been going to Dr. Footer 20 years. He delivered all three of my children and made special arrangements with the hospital for a private room when he knew our daughter would not live long after delivery. The best of the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2085275].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2011

I can't say anything bad about him! He is just the best! I love him. I was in my second pregnancy and I went to another doctor before and she make me live a nightmare was really bad, they told me a lot of things, even that if I want to get rid of the baby, and I immediately decide to change my Doctor, I look thru internet and I decide to go to his office and I felt completely different, he make me feel confident and I start enjoy my baby, he was on my delivery and I couldn't be better! Thanks for everything Dr Footer!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2085274].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2010

Love this man! I have been a patient since 2004 and he has always been there. His nurse, Marla, is also his wife. They care about their patients and I would rather wait hrs for him, than be in and out for some other quack! He helped me get pg, was there for a miscarriag and delivered one and soon #2. LOVE THIS MAN!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2085273].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2010

I have been seeing Dr Footer in his DC office for 5+ years and I adore him! I drive from more than an hour away for my visits. His nurse is great as well. He is extremely competent and highly compassionate. That said, his front desk people are not the greatest. I have found though, this is a common problem with physicians but should NOT reflect on the doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2085272].votes_count ]]