Dr. Terry L. Cole

Grad. Year: 1974

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 26/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. Terry L. Cole has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

16/06/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2527634
10/01/13 5 3 5 5 Despite being Thanksgiving weekend, Dr Terry Cole agreed to meet myself and my husband at his office the day after Thanksgiving for a 2nd opinion. After all the stress, drama, bullying and contradictions endured because of another obstetrician a week before my due date, he went completely above and beyond any expectations and was willing to take me on as a patient last minute, without having any previous repore nor any of my medical records on hand. Within 2 hours of leaving his office I went into labor. Everything went amazingly smooth and completely drama and complication free, and this is only because we found Dr Cole. He is not only an amazing doctor, he is an amazing person and he has an incredible heart. We could not have been more blessed to find him. Any woman would be lucky to have him as their obstetrician, and I strongly urge them to consider using him. Words cannot express our gratitude for everything he did for our family. Our hearts go out to the amazing Dr Terry Cole.  Respond
RID: 2418404
06/09/12 4 4 5 5 Dr.Cole is the BEST OB/Gyn! I had two high risk pregnancies and Dr.Cole was amazing with both. My first pregnancy was twins and it was important to me to find a doctor that was supportive of allowing me the opportunity to have a vaginal birth, if possible. I had to interview a few different doctors to find this. Not only was Dr.Cole supportive of my wishes, but he also promised to be present for the delivery of my twins- even if he wasn't on call. True to his word, he kept his promise and came to the hospital at 2 AM to deliver my twins. I had other complications with my second pregnancy and ended up in the ER at 9 weeks. Dr.Cole came to the ER to check up on me even though it was after office hours on a Friday night. His dedication to his patients is outstanding. In addition, his honesty and no nonsense approach to treatment and care of his patients is much appreciated. With Dr.Cole as my doctor, I always knew I was receiving the best possible care. I highly recommend Dr.Cole!
Insurance: Pacificare
Respond

22/08/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2406591
21/08/12 5 4 5 5 I have had Dr. Terry L. Cole as a doctor for almost 30 years!! I went in as an infertility patient....and now have 4 beautiful children oops...adults! Without Dr. Cole's assistance with my infertility issues.... My husband and I may not have had children! He is a wonderful doctor, who cares about his patients and always has their best interests at heart. I have referred many of my family and friends to him, who also feel the same. In fact 6 years ago he delivered my first grandson!!!
RID: 2406286
21/08/12 5 4 2 5 During my first pregnancy, he never gave me more than 5 minutes of his time. Every visit felt rushed and he made my questions feel like an annoyance. I ended up getting most of my info from books and online because he didn't have the time for me. In the end, he delivered a healthy baby boy, which is what really matters. P.S.: His bedside manner leaves something to be desired.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 2403949
17/08/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Cole is the BEST!! I always recommend him to anyone who is looking for an OB/GYN, very knowledgeable and compassionate. I wouldn't go to anyone else!  Respond
RID: 2145678
17/05/12 5 5 5 5 I had a wonderful experience with Dr Cole. He delivered my first born but I moved for my second. I wish he could have delivered my second. He was very knowledgable and made my experience wonderful throughout.  Respond
RID: 1669793
26/12/11 2 4 3 3 Dr. Cole's office staff was not very warm and friendly. When I called to ask a question or follow up on a blood test, I rarely received a call within 48 hours. Once, I called to make an appointment because I was having bad pelvic pains and they were unable to fit me in for a week. The last straw for me was when I called to ask for another blood test (twice), and never received a call back. I just never felt like my health concerns were a priority. Dr. Cole is very straight forward, but his office staff and bedside manner leave something to be desired. I would not recommend his office.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1653787
06/12/11 5 5 5 5 I love Dr Cole!!!!! He is awsome!!!!! I'm actually gonna miss my visits.....Ive had 3 children and my experience with this exceptional man far exceeds that of my previous doctors.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1641777
22/11/11 5 3 5 5 Dr. Cole is busy. Good Dr.s usually are. I dont think I'd say he held my hand thur a tough time... He told me everything I needed to know, He gave me options. He did the proceedure and I felt soooo much better. I went home to my life and he did the same... Worked out great for both of us !
RID: 1535107
12/09/11 2 1 1 1 I have PPO,GOOD INSC., right? I've only been there 2x. over a month later I'm still waiting for an authorization for Birth Control. Left 3 v/m for staff and no call back. Wait time is rediculous... I scheduled on my lunch AFTER asking office if this was possible, doctors office said, "of course you will be our first appointment"...Are you kidding me 1 1/2 hours later & 3 patients b4 me when i started to walk out when the actual doctor stopped me and had to apologize... Way too many patients booked in a small time frame...Felt rushed and after waiting an hour long, my appointment only lasted 5 minutes.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1389406
16/03/11 5 4 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Cole's for 18 yrs. He has delivered all four of my kids. The last pregnancy I had Placenta Previa. He helped prepare me for what would probably happen. I had an emergency c-section due to bleeding.I was never worried about the outcome because he was my Doctor. After I recovered I ended up having a partial historectomy. At the same time he was able to do vaginal reconstruction and trim my labia. Vaginally its like I never gave birth. I can't praise him enough for what he's done for me. There's no reason to go to a plastic surgeon for vaginal reconstruction. Dr. Cole has been performing them for over 30 yrs. There's a reason why he's the best in his field. He's proved it to me time and time again for 18 yrs  Respond
RID: 1117778
01/03/10 5 5 5 5 wonderful doctor. Listened to my concerns, addressed them and then made me feel very comfortable. Can't wait until our special day.
Insurance: Pacificare
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1112324
22/02/10 5 3 5 5 I absolutely love Dr. Cole and his staff. He is always very nice to me and has much knowledge. :) He saw me with my first baby and throughout my whole pregnancy was very helpful. I will be going to him again and again.  Respond
RID: 975137
28/08/09 5 1 1 1 the ladies who work in the front are great nice and welcoming everyone else is a joke i never even got to see dr cole he always had me see one of the midwives who knew nothing she kept giving me pep talks and knows nothing about her profession they are all very rude and think they are better than everyone else wouldnt recommend this doctor to anyone
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 909677
10/06/09 5 4 4 4 The staff is great! Dr. Cole is great as well. There are usually a lot of people in the waiting room to see him but has never taken any longer then any other doctors office. He can be short with you but its to the point and doesn't sugar coat things, which I like from a doctor. Your in, your out, and on with your day. Its a busy office for a reason...they are all good.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 821043
09/03/09 1 2 1 2 T. Cole cut some nerves during my abdominal hysterectomy. Denies that he caused the severe, chronic pain I have lived with for several years. He is too busy to talk with patients. His staff has never been helpful. Other patients have told me that he yelled at them during hildbirth. His ego is huge and he treats the patients as if they are ignorant.
RID: 502218
01/02/08 4 1 1 2 The first doctor I saw was at 2 months. She told me the worst was over, so I blew off doctors for awhile. I then went on vacation and saw Terry at 6 months. We waited an hour for the initial appointment to meet him (which became a common occurrence). He told us in a very very serious face "Don't tell anyone you went without seeing a doctor for so long because you are proof you can have a healthy pregnancy without a doctor and we won't have jobs." He only saw me half the times I went in, using his midwives instead.In labor, he came in to see how I was doing. I was 5 cm and doing great. He wanted to speed up labor and broke my water artificially. That made labor unbearable because the baby's head fell into my pelvis without the water to cushion it, and I stayed at 5 cm. I screamed for an epidural, which stopped labor. I found out he's not on call during labor: he works an 8-5 shift. The doctor who took over after 5(who I never met before)said a csection was mandatory. I feel cheated.
* - Rating left by a registered user