Rate Dr. Harold A. Barnard

Dr. Harold A. Barnard's Ratings

Dr. Barnard was my family physician for about 6 years. I always felt that he took a personal interest in and commitment to my health. He went far above and beyond to seek out answers to questions and provide care for my family. I was always confident in his opinions and recommendations. My young daughter trusted him and actually looked forward to her visits. On the other hand, I did have a few issues with his office staff, who didn't have the same time and consideration for his patients that the doctor always showed.

Submitted April 11, 2011 | flag

I always found Dr. Barnard very helpful and willing to listen to what I had to say. He gave me the impression that he wasn't rushed and really did what to hear what I had to say. The only time I had to wait was when I came in through urgent care without an appointment. Other than that, he was very punctual. My first time seeing Dr. Barnard, he wanted to do a series of tests on me to try to eliminate common causes of my fatigue. I fainted when they took the blood (not their fault at all!) and they gave me an IV and let me rest while they took very good care of me. I can't even imagine what would have happened in some other doctors' offices if I'd have fainted like that. I can assure you I wouldn't have been taken care of like I was. My only complaint is that he moved.

Submitted Feb. 2, 2011 | flag

Extremely self centered and opinionated. Talks more than listens.

Submitted Sept. 6, 2010 | flag

He was very knowledgeable and the staff was very helpful. The only gripe I had was the nurse couldn't interpret his handwriting for my prescription. Talk about stereotypical. Haha.

Submitted Dec. 1, 2008 | flag

Submitted Aug. 1, 2008 | flag

The Nurse Station is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE. To have a perscription called in takes 48 hours, which is not acceptable. To be put through to a machine is impersonal and does not help a patient for any urgent need. They do not return any phone calls in a timely manner, just as they dont fill perscripstions promptly either. It is unfortunate that it reflects on the physician.

Submitted Jan. 29, 2008 | flag