Rate Dr. Rafik A. Nasr

Dr. Rafik A. Nasr's Ratings

Dr Nasr is amazing. I know and understand what I need to do for wellness or to get better. He's not quick on the meds like some drs-in a hurry to rush you out. He talks out with you what is going on/ and the plan to help. I feel INVOLVED in my care. Not just a number rushing through. Will continue with him as long as I can. My daughter has been his patient her entire life. And the trust is wonderful. I know he thinks about our needs and am very grateful for his time and "bedside manner" that is missing in so many doctors today.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2646839].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

In my 30 years of being a caretaker for members of my family (I am far older but medical issues only 30 years) with severe issues, anywhere from severe back pain, complicated geriatric issues, confusing cancer care (pediatric and breast) already complicated by bone density issues and bone deformity, several mental health issues for young children that are not commonplace, Altzheimers, bioidentical hormone questions & treatment, severe cognitive issues due to misdiagnosed (by a different doctor) Lyme disease, acupuncturem....I could go on and on....I have found that the path to proper treatment always leads back to Dr. Nasr. I have seen him on both sides of his practice...the medical side as well as the spa side. I have complete respect for his continued desire to improve his care and increase his knowledge as well as well as to offer various treatments other than the typical pill and surgery. Every time I hear about a new potential treatment via friends or research online and I then search to find the closest and most competent doctor to assist me with this avant guarde approach and to seek more information and treatment, my journey ALWAYS leads back to Dr. Nasr. He does not promote his ability, options he offers, nor push them on anyone. He is a compassionate doctor with the desire to learn new strategies and treatments for common and unusual issues. I have been told by people in Fairfax numerous times, as well as pharmacists, regarding an treatment I am researching that there is a good doctor with regards to that issue in Calvert. Stupid me never assumed it was Dr. Nasr...this is with regards particularly to acupuncture, bioidentical hormones AND LYME. We are fortunate to have such a committed doctor within our community who himself seeks out alternative methods of treatment.
Now, with regards to his office, I have rarely met a doctor with such a practice who also has his office running perfectly. Yes, there are issues and when brought to his attention he is typically quick to address them to the best of his ability. Is he perfect...no way...but has he helped me? You betcha. I have learned to make an appt and go discuss my needs with him. I am not making an excuse for Dr. Nasr but I will say that I know he must make appts tightly scheduled due to the low reimbursement for his services from the insurance companies. I suggest making appt first in the morning or first after lunch if you are on a time crunch. You have to be an advocate for your own health with any doctor now a days...so take notes and follow through on your behalf. Go in to the office to speak with staff if you must...possibly make an appt every month to get through your current issues so that you are sure to see him as you attempt to conquer your health issues. Personally, it is worth it to me to do this as I totally trust and value his opinion and find myself seeking it out. I see the frustration on his face...he too wants to conquer all issues...he is human! But, he is a far smarter human than I with an interest to learn..to help me conquer so so much...I don't know to whom I would turn for assistance if he was not available in our community. Thanks Doc...please don't ever retire....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2561547].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

Obviously after 20 plus years, nothing changes. One word of advice, take Dr. Nasrs kindness with a grain of salt.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516119].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

I waited for over an hour and when I asked the Dr. if it was possible to have an appointment without an hour wait he shrugged his shoulders and said I would be lucky. Its not luck when you overbook your practice, its bad business. The office was cold, the staff were wearing gloves and scarves. The receptionist didn't properly handle my sign in and then blamed me for not knowing how their process worked.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][893822].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2014

the staff don't answer the phone and when they do they act like they don't have time they don't ask what the problem is and as far as getting and appointment one to two week before they can get you in .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][893821].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2013

Dr. Nasr helped me greatly my lyme disease and the ongoing treatment for this and as my PCP. The busy staff in a very busy office do whatever they can to please and are so helpful.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][893820].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

I understand complaints about the waiting times. Dr. Nasr has built a business and is a good business man as well. He just so happens to care more about Patients than any Dr. I have seen. He is sought out for certain complicated conditions by people all over the Country he is that good. If one approach doesn't work for someone don't slander the Doctor because every individual heals differently. Go back and try a different approach since there are many. I would pray that he write a book about all that he has seen and done. Been my Primary for over 20 years and can't even think of seeing someone else. Often times I am sure his personal life has suffered for his job, I've even ran into him on many occasions at the local book store in the health section. He is relentless in his fight to help people. My older son went to Public school with his children and he is very down to earth. Also, sometimes patients think that a pill will fix all and it does not so I guess the Dr. is the first go to?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][893819].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

He is a very knowledgeable Doctor but a very poor businessman. He hires undertrained and less than knowledgeable staff. His wait times are atrocious. If he actually spent time with his patients instead of fooling around with certain Medi-spa staff members and patients during business hours he could run a better practice. I had to leave because he was costing me too much money by waiting hours after my appointment time to be seen by not being at work. Maybe I should bill him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][893818].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2012

Dr Nasr is an absolutely wonderful Dr that is helping with me with many issues right now! Suggesting different approaches to ways or healing and he always seems to help and know exactly what is going on!! Would never switch Dr's ever!! Sometimes his appointments run behind but thats okay, he is with the wait and they are not usuall too long!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][893817].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2012

Very busy Dr., but will take the time to speak with you. No question is too dumb to ask, as he will explain to you your issue in simple terms. It may take you longer in the waiting room, but once you get in he will give you the same time and consideration as others. He will not rush you out the door. The front desk staff could use some training on their "people skills", but overall are fine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][893816].votes_count ]]