Rate Dr. Catherine M. Sargent

Dr. Catherine M. Sargent's Ratings

I saw Dr. Sargent for 3 years. She is friendly, knowledgeable, and spent ample time with me. My previous Dr. had been treating me for chronic back pain, but I switched practices when my job location changed. She refused to prescribe pain meds for me and referred me to a pain mgmt clinic. That was inconvenient for me, but I understand why she wouldn't want to contribute to a situation that could result in drug addiction. Years later, I came to her regarding my problems with concentrating. I was having trouble at work with some late projects and was a grad student; I took some tests and learned I likely have ADD. She refused to prescribe or even discuss treatments and suggested I read a self-help book. I got the impression that she thought I was either lying or was drug-seeking, which was rather insulting. I have since switched doctors.

Submitted Jan. 16, 2012 | flag

i WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS OFICE SOLELY BASED ON THE OFFICE STAFF ALONE. THEY ARE RIGID, UNHELPFUL, AND UNCARING. I HAVE WORKED IN THE HEALTHCARE FIELD AND HAVE NEVER WITNESSED SUCH IMCOMPETENCE.

Submitted March 21, 2011 | flag

I saw Dr. Sargent for ten years and felt very comfortable with her. A few years ago, for some reason, she suddenly refused to see my siblings or mother. I continued to go because she hadn't failed me yet. In the past two years I noticed she was in and out of our appointment in under five minutes and made me feel like she thought I was lying about everything. I have fibromyalgia and had to learn with my own research that 90% of my problems were caused by it. She never once mentioned that. Finally, I went to her for some assistance with a personal issue I was having. I needed a Doctor's note for a completely legitimate reason. She refused to help me, and basically accused me of lying. When I requested my medical records to fight my issue on my own, little did I know I was 'transfering to another physician'. I have a RIGHT to those, don't I? But I guess she holds grudges. I called for an appointment and was denied! What an awful way for a professional to behave! I wouldn't recommend her.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2010 | flag

Staff Inefficient in scheduling an MRI, requiring several days, too many phone calls. Dr. S. unsympathetic to my severe neuro pain, refused to prescribe narcotic painkillers (I have no history of addiction or abuse). My mother had a similar experience. In general feel that she did not take my care seriously, perhaps because she & her office are overwhelmed w too many patients (though waiting room was not busy the few times I was there.

Submitted Aug. 11, 2009 | flag

I really trust this doctor! She has been great with our whole family!!!Sometimes certain members of the staff can be rude but for the most part they are ok.

Submitted March 21, 2009 | flag

Very good doctor. Would recommend.

Submitted Feb. 1, 2008 | flag