Dr. Scott D. Lippe

Grad. Year: 1992

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 26 reviews. Dr. Scott D. Lippe has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Does he accept amerihealth?...?    Email me    Answer it

Dr. Scott D. Lippe
Gastroenterologist-related: Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, GI cancer, bowel disease, stomach, intestines, bowels and other structures, such as the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and esophagus, and focus on maladies that include ulcers, jaundice, colitis, hepatitis, cancer, eating disorders, GIST
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

29/06/14 SYSTEM: 1 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

09/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.3

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Scott" to "Scott D."
RID: 2624469
23/04/13 5 5 5 5 I have recommended Dr. Lippe to friends and family members. I felt very happy and comfortable with Dr. Lippe on my visit. He was very knowledgeable he answer all my questions. To me it's very important I fine a doctor who cares about how I feel. Dr. Lippe is a great docter!
RID: 2607039
03/04/13 5 5 5 5 I first met doctor Lippe 2 years ago, and at first I was hesitant that he can make my Crohn's disease in remission, but I was wrong. I met numerous doctors before about this disease, but most of them mis diagnosed. So I was always hesitant to meet a new doctor. But Doctor Lippe changed this and from the start he gave me the right meds and my nutrition plan for this disease. He is very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. He helped me choose the medication that fits within my budget. He is very punctual and the office staff is great too. I would recommend anyone with Crohn's or other diseases to visit him.
Respond

15/08/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
14/08/12 Bergen Volunteer Medical Initiative [BVMI] presents awards http://www.villadom.com/VTNews/2011/Z4/Oct/1005/17.html  Respond
13/08/12 Scott David Lippe, M.D. selected second place for Gastroenterology in NJ Jewish Standard Reader's Choice Award 2012 http://www.jstandard.com/supplement/item/23984  Respond
RID: 2400015
13/08/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lippe is an exceptional physician. I have been to numerous gastroenterologists over the years and he is by far the best. Not only is he brilliant, but he takes the time to explain everything and answers all questions with clarity. He is unlike other doctors I have been to in that he only orders tests that are necessary and doesn't waste time/money with anything that is not essential. It is obvious that he truly cares for his patients and his bedside manner is second to none. I have directed friends and family to his office and they all have been happy with his care. In addition, his office staff is exceptional. They are always very pleasant and find me appointments that work with my busy schedule.
RID: 2399783
13/08/12 5 5 5 5 DR. LIPPE IS A VERY CARING AND KNOWLEDGEBLE DOCTOR. HE HAS A VERY DEEP UNDERSTANDING OF GASTROENTEROLOGY (WHICH SHOWS IN HIS EASY TO UNDERSTAND EXPLANATIONS) AS WELL AS INTERNAL MEDICINE AND NUTRITION. IN FACT MY FAMILY AND I USE HIM AS OUR PRIMARY FAMILY PHYSICIAN. HE IS VERY FRIENDLY AND ALWAYS EASY TO REACH.  Respond
11/08/12 Physicians Receive Top Doctor Awards from 201 Magazine http://www.hackensackumc.org/more-than-125-hackensac...  Respond
RID: 2397086
09/08/12 5 5 5 5 I must firmly disagree with any reviews that critisize dr lippe . When i was admitted to bergen regional medical center in 2005 , he was assigned to me as my doctor . thankfully i have been able to retain him since my discharge and strongly recommend him to anyone seeking honest and reliable care . He is my GP as well as my gastro doctor . He performed a colonoscopy on me a couple of years ago and made a procedure most people fear , a very comfortable experience .I would suggest anyone casting dispertions on him insincere and vindictive ....i defy anyone to find a better doctor .
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2395296
07/08/12 5 5 5 5 i have no idea why people are writting rude things about Dr. Lippe. He is the only doctor who took his time with me and helped me. The staff is wonderful and along with his staff they always put a smile on my face, and they make me feel like important.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 2381237
21/07/12 4 4 1 2 As previous reviewer said,I went to him based on these good reviews.He's interested in prescribing pills,nothing else.Not proactive.Not interested in dietary changes to assist the healing process.Very disappointed.Other than that,he's a nice person.Since I was looking for a knowledgeable doctor,it didn't work for me.
See Responses
RID: 2300701
28/06/12 3 5 1 2 He lacks proactiveness. I saw the great reviews on this website and read his educational background. All of this convinced me that we was a great guy, but I was a bit disappointed. He didn't follow up properly.  See Responses
RID: 2145283
16/05/12 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Lippe for years and have found him to be very knowledgeable, attentive and concerned for all of my health concerns. For a recent procedure he and his staff were prompt and helpful and provided good follow up. I had no billing issues or problems.  Respond
RID: 2144582
16/05/12 5 5 5 5 I recently had a colonoscopy with Dr. Lippe. He was extremely, caring and supportive throughout the proceedure. The staff and facilities were great. I felt from start to finish like I was recieving VIP care. Dr. Lippe amazingly knowlegeable, and is able to explain things easily in laymans terms. I have never experienced a more caring and knowlegeable medical proceedure.
Respond

16/05/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2144229
15/05/12 5 5 5 5 extremely helpful. excellent doctor and excellent service. he spent a lot of time with me. he is the best doctor around!
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 2099343

02/05/12 1 4 1 1 Very unprofessional staff, bills very poorly prepared and you may have problems with insurance payment. Not accepting insurance card payments (cash very much so). and after cashing your check will still send you to collection agency, so please keep all records of payments. Diagnoses and prescribed medications completely wrong, charge for consultation (15 minutes) $350.00. Will NOT recommend to any one !!!
See Responses
RID: 1710266
10/02/12 3 5 3 3 I picked him because of the reviews that I saw here. He seems nice, but not very proactive. I am strong advocate of preventive medicine and I am not sure if he's ideal for something like that.  See Responses
RID: 1689132
17/01/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Lippe has been my physician for years and i couldnt ask for a more caring and attentive doctor ...i recommend him highly
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1455861
02/06/11 5 5 5 5 I found Dr. Lippe to be very knowledgeable and up-to-date on all aspects of patient care. He was not only interested in finding the source of my problem but also insuring I understand it and how it was to be treated. He seems to have a 'sixth sense' in knowing what your problem is which may come from vast knowledge of medicine but also by truly taking the time and listening to his patients. He was able to find and solve issues other doctors could not. I have referred quite a number of friends and family to Dr. Lippe and he always was able to help. If you want answers, be cared about and spoken to with respect and honesty go to Dr. Lippe!

RID: 1398357
26/03/11 5 4 5 5 excellet doctor great outcome very very happy would definitely recommend to friends and family
RID: 1391761
19/03/11 4 4 5 5 He makes you feel comfortable, has a sense of humor and is up-to-date on the newest procedures and techniques to help you. Highly recommended.
RID: 1387564
14/03/11 5 5 5 5 very caring actually listened i am recommening to friends and family
RID: 1311393
09/12/10 5 5 5 5 excellent physician very positive experience very well versed in his area and would recommend him completely
RID: 1300836
24/11/10 5 5 5 5 very attentive and knowlegable MD. speaks several languages.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1300251
23/11/10 4 5 5 5 Dr. Scott David Lippe is an unbelievable physician, who not only devotes endless time to his patients, but has an outstanding bedside manner. When you have a consultation with him, he gives you his undivided attention. He always makes sure you are aware of all the aspects of the medical procedure or condition. He even speaks numerous languages which allows him to serve all different demographics. My experience was outstanding and if you do not believe me make an appointment. I swear you will never be able to go back to your old doctors. There is no measure!
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 1300155
23/11/10 5 5 5 5 A very caring, knowledgeable professional who made my bouts with colitis as painless as possible. Always available to answer questions and takes a personal interest in his patients. Thankfully he is close to my home for office visits and accomodates me based upon my work schedule. Also, only prescibes medicine that is needed for as long as it is needed.
RID: 702345
15/10/08 5 5 5 5 Great doctor, very caring, takes his time and really listens!
Insurance: GHI
RID: 586541
10/05/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lippe has provided me with excellent care. I find that he takes the time to explain procedures and conditions. His bedside manner is excellent to the patient as well as family members.  Respond
RID: 581141
02/05/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lippe is an excellent doctor!! He's very kind, caring, knowledgeable and professional. He is a great person to talk with. He'll spend as much time with you as needed. My family goes to him and I recommend him to everyone I know and meet.
RID: 580804
02/05/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lippe is a brilliant and knowledgeable internist, with an outstanding capacity to put his patients at ease and a great sense of dedication. I have been his patient for over 9 years and feel absolutely confident in his abilities. I am lucky to live in the vicinity of his office in Paramus, but I would have driven much longer distances if necessary for a consultation with him. A trusted doctor is the most important service provider even if you are in good health! Val Golan, Ph.D.
* - Rating left by a registered user