Rate Dr. James B. Karol

Dr. James B. Karol's Ratings

Worst patient service I have ever encountered in 57 years. One week wait and still counting to have a simple Rx refill called in. Very patient unfriendly automated answering system. But it doesn't even matter, because if you do get someone on the phone, which I have 4-5 times in the last week, nothing gets done anyway. His staff apparently don't talk to each other. Calling to find out why nothing gets done always gets the answer "I don't know, nobody told me." I shudder to think how they handle serious situations or surgeries, as the culture seems to be no one takes responsibility for anything. Dr Karol and NorCal Urology evidently think very little of their patients to permit such poor service. There are plenty of Urologists around. I will find another.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][911462].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2013

We paid cash for a consultation that took all of 5 min for $285.00. I asked all the questions, he didn't really explain much. He told us to call to schedule an appt ASAP. We did in which we weren't called back for about 2 weeks at which point we had already gone to see another doctor, another $260, and had the appt already scheduled for operation. Also Dr Karol gave us such bad advise, come to find out. We wrote him a letter explaining EVERYTHING and how we were given much different advise, which ended out working, he never did respond to our letter. We were requesting a partial refund due to the fact we had to spend more money on another doctor for a consult. He never did get back to us about the letter. I even certified the letter. His response after us hounding him for an answer was NO. He didn't feel his advise was bad and it wasn't his fault his office didn't get to us in time to make the urgent appt we had explained to him about. I would never recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][911461].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2008

To be fair, this doctor has not seen me. When I called for an appointment in San Ramon, I was so disappointed by his staff's uncaring and insensitive demeanor that I cancelled my appointment. I figure that this doctor may be oblivious of his staff's insensitivity towards his patients... which says something about how he views his patients. Or, he may be fully aware of it...which is even worse. Please note that I only rated a 3 on the remaining scores because it was the only way to get this rating listed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][911460].votes_count ]]