Rate Dr. Jeffrey R. Carlson

Dr. Jeffrey R. Carlson's Ratings

Run from Carlson. He said the pain would go away once the nerve got comfy in it's new home when I awoke from the surgery screaming from pain shooting down my left leg which I had no problem with before. After consulting a Neurosurgeon who told me that Carlson screwed me up and said you should never wake up from surgery with pain where you did not hurt before and that the nerve getting comfy thing was a lie, as it is damaged permanently and can't be repaired. I am disabled for life now. It was also the his opinion that Orthopedic Dr.'s should not touch the spine or neck. Those surgeries should only be done by Neurosurgeons. I was a fairly healthy bread winner and an amazing cook prior to Carlson butchering me and I can't work or even tie my shoes now or stand long enough to make a package of Ramen Noodles. I have one thing to say to anyone thinking of getting their neck or back surgery done by Carlson or any Orthopedic Surgeon. GET A SECOND OPINION FROM A NEUROSURGEON!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2433426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

Whatever you do...do not go to Dr.Carlson. He's been screwing me over for the past 10 years now. I first got my surgery with him when I was 15 because of a slipped disc, and it turns out he didnt get it all and had to have another surgery a few months later! After all those years went by with me complaining he didnt once try to figure out what the root of the problem was, so after being in incredible pain and asking him to bump my MRI he ignored me until I was brought into Norfolk General Hospital for emergency surgery. Needless to say I was pissed! Finally when they called me back after my 3rd surgery, they didnt even apologize once. Also, they refused to tell me that I had stenosis for all those years even though I had multiple MRI's. I felt like Dr.Carlson never cared about his patients and he's not sympathetic to anyone with pain. I know your thinking this is just one bad review and everyone is different, but seriously stay away.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2433425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

Dr Carlson was a God Sent for me. When I woke up from surgery there was a basket of flowers from Dr Carlson and staff which has never happened before. I am making great improvement from my surgery thanks to Dr Carlson's great skills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][922381].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2014

DR. Carlson, is the very best orthopaedic surgeon on the East Coast.I am a nurse, so I know something about surgeons and his is the very best that you can find. He performed a 7 level spinal fusion, two years ago and I am back playing golf 5 times a week, and I recommned his to all of my family and friends. All of them think that he is also an "outstanding" surgeon and person. The most important thing that any patient can do is to follow the doctors orders, unfortunately to many patients do NOT follow their doctors orders/instructions, and then blame the doctor is sometihg goes wrong.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][922380].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2010

I didn't like him at first, he was very quiet but as I kept going to him he loosened up and began to talk more. I started liking him and realized that he's an excellent Dr. He helped me tremendously

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][922379].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2009

I had a lumbar laminectomy with spinal fusion and it has been a successful surgery. I am very thankful to Dr. Carlson for getting me out of chronic pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][922378].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2009

DRCarlson did a discectomy on my neck several years ago.I went in and said how much it hurts,chronically.I simply wanted diagnostic...was told they's given too many out and i could'nt have one until I complete P,T, and take NSaids which have almost killed me in the past.Now I am completely un-medicated and my life is that of a 75 year old,not the 57 I am.His office is a multi-million doillar practice.The HMO was the real problem(so I thought) A "top" surgeon can 'override' the hMO,but I left feeling he just wants to get rid of me.wE now pay $1200 a month and get NO quality care.I believe his surgery is failed,yet have no way of knowing why the pain is so locally severe.I am scared and want to know there is nothing really wrong.He did state I have bone spurswhere the cadaver bone is placed.Does that mean he used bottom rate bone?The mystery is stressing me to the point of my entire life is bad quality.Then i have another serious pain in my back.a new pain...severe and untreated.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][922377].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2009

I've been seeing Dr. Carlson on and off for 5+ years, have always been treated well by him and had my problems taken care of. Recently had cervical fusion, no problems, great outcome. Highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][922376].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2008

Love this doctor!!I have been dealing with neck and back pain for years, Dr Carlson performed a diskectomy and fusion of C6-7. I will continue to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][922375].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2008

Failed to remove foreign objlect or inform me of mistake. Filed false discharge report and false ammended discharge report. Leg an inch too long and offset 34 degrees. Failed to notice dislocation and discharged me to 11 days PT.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][922374].votes_count ]]