Rate Dr. James F. Barter

Dr. James F. Barter's Ratings

I had a major cancer scare. Dr. Barter and his staff were so compassionate and available to respond to all of my questions and concerns. My surgery was a success and I am healing much faster than predicted. I would recommend this office very highly.

Submitted Nov. 27, 2013 | flag

Had my Conization on 07/08/2011. I was very scared but Dr. Barter made me feel very better about moving along with the procdure. Great Doctor!

Submitted July 18, 2011 | flag

Dr Barter is the best doctor that I had ever met. After the surgery I am back on my feet the next day and able to drive after 4 days, unbelievable. He has a lot of patience and to the point.Thanks Dr Barter for your Kindness.

Submitted July 11, 2011 | flag

Dr Barter is very knowlegable and an excellent surgen he did a wounderful job on robatic myomectomy on my fibroids.

Submitted Sept. 5, 2009 | flag

I came to Dr. Barter with a complicated medical picture which made surgery difficult. The surgery and post-operative course were difficult, but he was with me every step of the way. If I had to do it again, Dr. Barter is the only way I would go!

Submitted July 23, 2009 | flag

I think he may be a good surgeon but he has no bedside manner at all. He was flipping through my chart the whole time I was trying to talk with him. The day of my surgery, he never came to see how I was afterwards. I scheduled a follow up visit to discuss concerns and he appeared to send me to another clinic rather than take the time to answer questions he clearly knew the answers to, given his specialty. I think he likes to spend the minimum time with patients possible. Very poor bedside manner.

Submitted March 20, 2009 | flag

Dr Barter was recommended to me by a family friend when at a routine check up I was diagnosed with a huge ovarian cyst. He is amazing. A very kind, very skilled doctor and very reassuring. His receptionist is rude, granted, but his nurse is very friendly, and his surgery worked really hard to schedule my surgery quickly before my insurance ran out. I was kept waiting for a while on my first visit, but sometimes these things happen. When I had my surgery, Dr Barter was amazing- he spent time talking to my family while I was under and really made me feel like he cared. I think some people struggle with the concept of "doctor knows best," hence the bad rating. What do you think people learn in 8 years of medical school? On top of being a great doctor, Dr Barter is one of the best gynecological surgeons in the tri-state area. I highly recommend him.

Submitted March 13, 2009 | flag

This doctor would not listen to my sincere concerns. I felt he did not want to be questioned about his point of view. He wanted to do things his way only. I feel a patient has the right to ask questions in order to determine the best possible treatment. After several months, he actually said to me, "It's my way or the highway". Later I received a letter saying he could no longer be my physican. I feel this was very unprofessional and hurtful.

Submitted Sept. 24, 2008 | flag

I disagree wholeheartedly with the previous review. Dr. Barter is a very kind and professional physician, not to mention a leading expert in gynecologic cancers. His office staff may be hard to get in touch with (they have an automated voice mail system), but they are quick to return calls. I would recommend him without reservations.

Submitted July 15, 2008 | flag

I came to Dr. Barter for cancerous cells on my cervix. He is very professional, caring, and conservative. When my former gynocologist wanted to send me to out-patient surgery, Dr. Barter took the more conservative route and cured my medical issue with patience and a less expensive/less dangerous alternative. Most doctors push the more expensive route because of their relationships with pharm. reps. Dr. Barter genuinely tries to use the best route and kept me safe from experiencing surgery when it wasn't 100% necessary.

Submitted May 6, 2008 | flag