Rate Dr. Phong Q. Nguyen

Dr. Phong Q. Nguyen's Ratings

My wife and I have been going to Dr. Nguyen for 4-5 years and we both find him professionally and personally wonderful. He knows what he is doing and is willing to take the time to answer all questions without talking down to you. We were referred to him by a female acquaintance who was very high on him (or she would not have recommended him to us). The Reston office is quite busy and the staff under stress at times but we have found that if you treat them well they will do the same for you.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2014 | flag

Dr. Nguyen seems to be a good doctor, but the administrative part of his business is ineffective. I have been seeing him for 2-3 years due to gout, and he has reduced the incident of flare ups to only occasionally. This fall he authorized a change in medication to a drug that he agreed in writing was inappropriate for me and told my wife he never authorized any change when questioned face to face. His action created a major hassle with the insurance companies to get the drug covered, and when I brought this to his attention, I received a letter asking me to take my business elsewhere! Each time I called to ask for help I was treated rudely by the staff. The staff is not friendly and did not take care of a problem that I did not create. No one seemed to care and this is a consistent comment posted on all web sites dealing with this doctor. He is clearly not organized well enough to handle his case load and is not someone one can count on long term.

Submitted Dec. 9, 2013 | flag

Great doctor and great staff. I have sat in the office many times and heard the way some of the patients treat the staff. I don't blame the staff for getting nasty sometimes. Just remember as a patient, treat the staff the way you want them to treat you!!!

Submitted Aug. 3, 2012 | flag

I tired to make an appointment and the staff was very very very rude. They told me to just go to the emergency room

Submitted July 11, 2012 | flag

The First complaint will start at the Receptionist, Whom later to find out is the Office Manager. Patti was Rude, Abrupt, insensitive, and all out made me feel worse than when I came in! Then the Wait to see the Dr was over an Hour and a half. After waiting, the Medical Assistant, who must be new was wearing clothes that were very inappropriate. Not only that, she had no clue what she was doing and have to get the Infusionist Brent to help her. He seemed very knowledgeable. The language that I observed and overheard was NOT what you want anywhere. I was shocked that Patti let it continue but, she was in on it also. This was so disgusting that I truly felt I needed to leave before I even saw the Dr. I will never go back to them!! I will also report them!!! DO NOT GO HERE!!!

Submitted July 1, 2012 | flag

The office staff is beyond HORRIBLE! If Dr Nguyen was not as good as he is I would be out of there and never return. I have been waiting for months for treatment the hospital ER and Johns Hopkins Hospital Chief of a department indicated was critically important to treat ASAP. The office staff said I must wait like everyone else despite the urgent calls and faxes from four other health care providers.

Submitted April 23, 2012 | flag

The office manager in the Fairfax office is rude, unpleasant and very unprofessional. As someone who has been in the healthcare industry for over 20 years, I can safely say that Dr. Nguyen will lose patients because of this person. As a patient with a chronic illness, the last thing I want to encounter at my Rheumatologist office is a rude, insensitive, unhelpful receptionist/office manager who abuses her authority. I pay a lot of money for my health insurance and I will not tolerate being treated disrespectfully by a staff member. If the staff is poor, it sets the tone for the entire practice. I sincerely hope that Dr. Nguyen looks into this matter as its obviously an issue with other patients according to other reviews posted.

Submitted Oct. 7, 2011 | flag

The "office manager" Patty in the Fairfax, VA office is extremely rude, unpleasant and very unprofessional. As someone who has been in the healthcare industry for over 20 years, I can safely say that she will cost this practice some patients. As a patient with a chronic illness, the last thing I want to encounter at my Rheumatologist office is an insensitive, unhelpful, extremely rude front desk receptionist/office manager who abuses her authority. If the front staff is poor, it sets the tone for the entire office. The physicians should really look into this and make some serious changes. It was my first and last visit to that office.

Submitted Oct. 7, 2011 | flag

Dr Nguyen put me on Methotrexate, Enbrel, did not monitor my liver for 7 months, ignored my complaint about coughing,fever. Now, I have chronic brochitis, liver problem-Horrible Dr

Submitted Aug. 28, 2011 | flag

Dr. Nguyen, appears to be extrememly considerate, his Fairfax office staff, has turned me off. They are the bottom of the barrel. I noticed others who have reviewed him find the same situation. I went to the Reston office to resolve admin issues from the Fairfax office, after being told that Reston is the main admin office, the Reston Office referred me back to Fairfax, which I will NEVER ever ever deal with again. Good Riddence!

Submitted May 9, 2011 | flag