Rate Dr. Asher H. Taban

Dr. Asher H. Taban's Ratings

Four months ago my doctor discovered that I had a pituitary adenoma tumor in my brain. I was referred to Dr. Taban through my health insurance provider(HealthNet). He explained to me that surgery was necessary in order to ensure that this benign tumor did not complicate my overall health. About two weeks ago Dr. Taban performed a surgery to extract the tumor, which was about 33mm large. Despite the large size of the tumor he performed a endonasal endoscopic surgery and removed it completely. There was no complications and my recovery time was only two weeks. I am fully satisfied with the work that Dr. Taban did and would highly recommend him to any other patient. He is highly knowledgeable in his area of work and has a lot of experience in his field, which is evident through his work.

Submitted July 14, 2013 | flag

Dr. Taban saw me in a truly emergency state. I had been experiencing unexplainable pain for a couple of months, had been to E.R.s 4 times, & no one could figure out what was happening to my body. It turned out that bacteria had settled in my neck bones & had began to eat at them. By the time Dr. Taban was brought into my situation, 1 1/2 of my neck bones were crumbling & my spinal cord was bulging. It took 2 surgeries, a couple of days apart, first going in from the front, & then from the back, but he rebuilt my neck using wire, bolts, & bone from my hips. My x-rays look like Frankenstein, but I have been able to return to almost the same lifestyle I had before the surgery. (At the time, it was possible that I would be paralyzed, or even not live through this event!) I am grateful to this skillful doctor for giving me back an active lifestyle with my husband, kids & grandkids. I have even been able to go back to riding horses. Thank you, Dr. Taban. Sincerely, Patricia Pandolfi

Submitted Sept. 10, 2012 | flag

having a second surgery with Dr. Taban and have always felt confident in his skills as a medical expert. Ellen and Maria run the best medical office. They are caring and helpful with every aspect of surgery. Dr. Taban is very busy so plan on a couple weeks wait for an appointment. A+ to Dr Taban and his excellent office staff.

Submitted Aug. 2, 2012 | flag

My experience with Dr. Taban and his office staff Ellen and Maria was excellent. The doctor and his staff are extremely professional and show you caring and compassion. I would also like to say thank you to Dr. Taban's surgical staff who performed surgery with Dr. Taban on my neck and gave me a new life without pain. Thank you to everyone and especially Dr. Taban who took a moment to watch a rainbow with me. What an incredible doctor!

Submitted July 12, 2012 | flag

He did surgery on my sister.she was dismissed in 3days from the hospital.Dr .Taban did a very good job.I will recommend him very highly.

Submitted April 19, 2012 | flag

My surgery was scheduled for 2/6/12 and another on 2/8/12. I had discetomies and fusion from t-11 down to L-2. Hardware was already in place from L-3/L5 from a surgery in 2007. This surgery connected the T-11 to the existing hardware. My surgeries went with no complications and the Nursing and on staff Doctors was very attentive. Dr. Taban came by after hours to see how I was coming along on all three days of the procedures. His staff is uneqiivocally the best there is. All questions are answered professionally and in a timely manner. The only poor rating would be the Doctors not seeing you at your scheduled time, but you have his full attention when you are in the office with him.

Submitted April 14, 2012 | flag

Dr. Taban impressed us with not only his knowledge in my diagnosis but also bedside manner. After undergoing many other doctor's attempts to avoid surgically removing a cyst that was severely compressing my nerve, Dr. Taban came to the rescue and has helped imprve my life. Friendly staff. Overall, very punctual and well mannered doctor. He knew what to do to help. Thanks

Submitted Feb. 15, 2012 | flag

I had fractured two cervical vertebra due to a fall.Dr.Taban was very thorough during his initial exam.After putting me on a regimen of high dose vitamin D and not seeing enough improvement,he had me try Forteo [a synthetic hormone].After seven months the vertebrae healed completely and I avoided surgery thanks to Dr. Taban.

Submitted Jan. 20, 2012 | flag

I went to him years ago for a consultation for right leg pinched nerve pain. I cannot speak to his surgical abilities but I found him rude, arrogant, uninterested, and his advice was to walk 45 minutes a day EVEN IF THE PAIN IN MY LEG BECAME WORSE! I walked out of his office very discouraged and immediately sought out another doctor.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2011 | flag

A pleasure working with him. Excellent and efficient bedside manner. An excellent surgeon. No side effects with my C7/T1 laminectomy due to his skill, I hope I don't need his skills in the future, BUT, if I do, I wouldn't hesitate using him again.

Submitted July 2, 2011 | flag