Rate Dr. Mark J. Allen

Dr. Mark J. Allen's Ratings

i am so grateful that Dr. Allen is my doctor for diverticuli. When I have concerns or problems it is so nice to be able to call in and not get scolded for why did you eat that, or hear " go on a liquid diet for 3 days" or just sent out antibiotics to fix the problem without even seeing me like the last group I went to. Dr Allen actually spends time with you and he does not make you feel like you are taking up his time. His nurse is wonderful as well. I highly recommend him!

Submitted July 2, 2013 | flag

Dr. Allen was nothing but professional and courteous. I was there at a time when I was pretty nervous and the experience with him was great. I can only hope u don't have any problems with billing. Because of my insurance I was paying neg. rates. I researched options for the procedure in the KC area. Researched costs etc. I was specifically told I would be charged for the anesthesia and doctor.I was not made aware of a facility fee that was charged to me following the procedure. I called to find out my total amount due and that is when I found out about the charge. I was told that the finance terms were sent with my advance paperwork (do you read every page of your mortgage?). On the phone with the billing department I was told I was trying to get out of a bill and was not telling the truth. $700+ for a facility fee? Almost the same charge of the procedure? Are you serious? I think the billing dept. needs to do a better job communicating and taking notes. A bit of a xmas surprise.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2009 | flag

Dr. Allen is a gifted and intuitive physician. He is alsmost always running late but when he is in your exam room you understand why. he behaves as if you are his only patient he has that entire day. I've learned to bring good reading material. Dr. Allen's staff is wonderful and first rate. Each of his partners are wonderful people and I've been in plenty of other GI offices to know that you can absolutley love your Dr. but is his partners are stinky it's not worth it. Dr. Allen has surrounded himself with gifted and personable partners and I have confidence in thier abilities also. I recommended SEVERAL friends and family to him and his group. A more gifted GI doctor cannot be found in KC - believe me I've been to almost every group during my treatment for Crohn's and am so grateful I have found him and have been under his care quite successfully for over 4 years. I have Crohn's disease and he especially excels at Crohn's treatment.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2007 | flag