Rate Dr. Vincent A. Gaudiani

Dr. Vincent A. Gaudiani's Ratings

It was 2 years ago today that Dr Gaudiani replaced my aortic valve. I had surgery on a Friday and was home the following Tuesday. He put my fears to rest immediately upon my pre-surgery visits and I thank God that I was fortunate to get referred to him from my cardiologist. As a matter of fact, my cardiologist said to me that if he needed a valve replacement, he would seek out Dr. G. That was good enough for me. Thank you Dr. G.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][943769].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2014

This man is the most amazing doctor I have ever encoutered in my life. Thank you Dr. for repairing my heart valve, 3 weeks later Im already at work!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][943768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2013

I have known of Dr Gaudiani for a number of years. He replaced a valve for my mother-in-law many years ago. When my aortic valve need replacing, he was my dr of choice. He and his team is the best. Does junk happen? All surgery has some risk. I had runny stools from a previous night dinner. It caused lots of issues...but finally got under control. I hope I never have to do this again, but I would always choose him or his team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][943767].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2013

Back in July 1985, when my Dad was 52 and enduring severe chest pains for months, Dr. Gaudiani performed quadruple bypass on him at Sequoia Hospital. My Dad had been a cigarette smoker for at least 30 years prior to the surgery and he quit cold turkey the day before the surgery on Dr. Gaudiani's advice. My Dad is 80 now and going pretty well thank goodness. Thank you G-d for your blessings and for bringing Dr. Gaudiani and his medical knowledge and surgical expertise into my father's life. Dr. Gaudiani has my eternal gratitude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][943766].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

What a clown. 7 months after my valve replacement, it was clear that there was a problem. I soon had almost 2 liters of fluid removed from my heart sac. Thanks a bunch a-hole doctor. I almost die cause you missed a stitch. WTF no apology, ego bigger than his income.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][943765].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2013

About a year ago, my cardiologist diagnosed me with a bad mitral valve. She recommended Dr. Gaudiani and I'm blessed to have had a good result and a great surgeon. We researched the internet, saw some videos of "Dr. God" and asked around. After the initial consultation, we felt at ease. He was down to earth, funny and humble for a highly skilled and experienced doctor. On the day of surgery, my wife and I noticed a different surgery protocol for Dr. Gaudiani. It involved an earlier schedule and more detailed, precise procedures. I'm a 51 yr old dad who's back to playing and coaching basketball and soccer. This was my only surgery I've had in my life and Dr. Gaudiani made it simple, safe and successful. Thanks Dr. Gaudiani, A. Khoo

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][943764].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2013

Simply put, Vincent Gaudiani, only painted a picture that had the best possible outcomes for aortic valve replacement surgery. We questioned having the surgery on a Friday and were told by Gaudiani, "You want it on Friday because then I can see you on Saturday." He never showed up on Saturday, but we saw him for about 3 minutes on Monday. The patient, who was 90, was told he would be out of the hospital in 5 or 6 days, driving in three weeks and completely active in six weeks. The hospital stay was 15 days followed by another 3 weeks in a rehab center. Other results never mentioned: installing a pacemaker, not a full physical recovery, and worst of all, loss of significant mental acuity. The valve replacement seems to have gone fine, but the side effects should have been presented so the patient could make an accurate decision. If anyone at any age is considering this surgery, they need to get a second or third opinion from other surgeons.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][943763].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2013

Dr Gaudiani did a great job. When I met with him prior to surgery he put me totally at ease and gave me great guidance re the type of aortic valve I should get. This man knows his stuff and thinks on his feet. When my heart wasn't coming off the machine like it should he did a bypass. Dr Gaudiani also has a great team working with him. No review would be complete without kudos for Dr Spowart and Mari. Thanks again, everyone!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][943762].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2012

In September of 2008 Dr, Gaudiani scheduled me for a Mittral Valve repair as my valve was heavily calcified and was so worn out it was causing pulmonary regurgitation. I was 42 at the time and felt like I was 3 times that age as just walking short distances was a chore. Dr. Gaudiani performed the repair at CHOMP and had the artificial valves ready to replace. Once Dr. Gaudiani got inside to see how poor the condition was he took it as a persaonl challenge to do the "BEST" job possible to help this youg 42 year old. Dr, Gaudiani actually spent the time to rebuild a new valve out of my own tissue as opposed to reolacing my valce as he said he didnt want to see me have to go through this procedure every 10 years. They call him "Dr. GOD" in the circle, and I wont take that away from him. This man is and was a heaven sent Dr. into my life. My wife and I can not stop talking about his mind boggling skills to everyone we meet. Thank you Dr. Gaudiani!!! John Bassett

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][943761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

I am convinced that Dr. Gaudiani is the best cardiac surgeon that you will ever find. He did a mitral valve prolapse repair and Maze procedure on my husband, and several of the doctors that we talked to weren't even going to attempt a repair (instead of a valve replacement). Dr. Gaudiani did an amazing job, and a few years later, my husband is hiking, running, working out and in great shape. He had a follow up Echo where the technician was extremely impressed at the repair, whose quality was evident just from the imaging, and wanted to know what hospital and doctor had done this. In addition. Dr. Gaudiani is a kind, generous, informative person who I am convinced does his very best for all of his patients. He was so incredibly humble with us - a truly wonderful human being. You should be so lucky to put yourself in his hands. I would not hesitate if anyone I knew ever needed heart surgery. If there is any way that you can use Dr. Gaudiani, I would strongly encourage it!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][943760].votes_count ]]