Dr. Marvin A. Zamost

Grad. Year: 1972

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 22 reviews. Dr. Marvin A. Zamost has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5581239

26/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.3  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Marvin" to "Marvin A."
RID: 1200479
02/07/10 3 3 2 3 Dr. Zamost USED to be my doctor... that is until the third mistake he made on a diagnosis for me and also for two friends, who STILL go to him. He said my blood work was fine. Turns out I was diabetic and found out from a dental check-up! He told a friend she did not have to worry about the large freckle on her back..... which turned out to be cancerous and deeply imbedded by the time it was surgically removed. Another friend was diagnosed with a pulled muscle. Turns out she needed a hip replacement. He is friendly and knowledgable yet a bit quick to make decisions and assumptions. Best to find someone who has a vested interest in your health.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1142266
03/04/10 4 4 4 4 Very unhappy that Dr. Zamost has his staff return the calls from the patients. I have been trying to get a Refill on a cream 4 times . My family contracted scabies from their school. I received enough cream but the eggs hatched and the children are iching and misrable. I have spent more than 200.00 on trying to get rid of them. Borax, Tree trea oil, etc.... I have been running back and forth to the laundry place DAILY washing linens and towels. I am a single mom and not working. I told Dr Zamost staff several times that I could not afford another office vist for the same diagnosis. I am completely disappointed at this point. If Dr. Zamost had ever expienced the infestation he would probably understand. We have been patients of his for 13 year. And I feel at this point we need to find another doctor. Dr Zamost if a patient calls asking help more than once about the same issue and it involves children have a heart. MA  Respond
RID: 919027
22/06/09 5 5 4 5 I have been going to this doctor for primary care over 20 years and he has taken good care of me. He knows what treatments are reasonable and doesn't require unnecessary or extraneous tests or procedures. When necessary he has directed me to excellent specialists and even then keeps track of whats being done. I will always be grateful when on one occasion when I had an serious allergic reaction to a prescription from a specialist he took immediate action to help me. He is a funny guy and relaxed in his approach to his patients. My appointments have all been scheduled in the very near term and there is never a long wait (less than 10 minutes). He and his staff will accommodate same day visits as needed and if possible. If you need a hand holder you probably should see someone else, but you will be missing out on an excellent doctor.
RID: 845622
28/03/09 5 5 4 3 If you are in a hurry for stuff like a cold, ear infection or strep throat then you can't beat him. He will get you in and out very quickly. If however, you are going with a more serious or unusual circumstance, I would go elsewhere. He is very quick, and knows an awful lot about your everyday stuff, but if he will miss vitamin or hormone deficiencies, etc. But then, so will most medical doctors...
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 722270
14/11/08 5 5 5 5 He's a great doctor, he is also competent and very knowlegeable.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 716184
05/11/08 5 5 4 4 Great punctuality!(If only we could get his staff to manage the Dept. of Motor Vechicles)
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 685184
16/09/08 5 5 5 5 DR Z HAS BEEN MY FAMILY DOCTOR FOR 33 YEARS. MY KIDS AND GRANDCHILDREN ARE HIS PATIENTS AS WELL. HE HAS ALWAYS GIVEN US THE BEST CARE AND ADVICE . I PLAN TO GO TO HUM UNTIL HE RETIRES
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 683266
12/09/08 5 5 5 5 We are newer to the office but love the Doc. He is always on time, helpful and the office staff is wonderful. we don't plan on leaving until he retires.
RID: 649028
27/07/08 5 5 5 5 Came highly recommended by an MD and after about 20 years of treatment, I've learned over and over WHY! Master diagnostician who always seems to be on top of your problems beforehand with well-thought course of treatment - no hesitation! Punctual, never late in seeing you! Doesn't overprescribe drugs. Helpful with a good sense of humor. Sometimes a bit too hurried but doesn't hesitate to give you added time and answers all questions. Answers and returns calls promptly. This guy is a gem! Which is why he's been rated one of the top 100 MDs in the L.A. area! Wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 642059
18/07/08 4 5 5 5 I'm a long time patient and very satisfied. He works hard to see everyone that he can in a very timely manner. He takes the time to listen to you if you have a problem or concern. I think he is great!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 597036
19/05/08 4 5 4 5 He has treated my whole family and many friends through the years. He is tough in that he won't let you whine etc., but he will see you at a moments notice if it is really necessary and he knows what he is doing. You feel like he cares about you. Plus he is the only doctor that I've ever heard of that will actually call you back if you call with a question. I think he is great.  Respond
RID: 579073
29/04/08 5 5 5 5 Marvin Zamost is an exceptional diagnostician. Attentive but quick. Always feel that I got out what I needed to. Refered me and my family to specialists of the highest caliber. You can trust him with your life.
Insurance: Anthem
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 548723
25/03/08 4 5 5 5 Good practioner. Very sharp. If I ask him about some aspect of my personal health, he has already noted it, but generally will only make a comment if I ask about it. (I am referring to a health problem other than the one I came to see him about). Would recommend him to friends.  Respond
RID: 379237
04/08/07 3 3 2 2 He has been my physician, off and on, for over ten years but no more. Yes he is rough and sarcastic, always in a hurry etal and that would be OK if he just LISTENED! Early this year, I had to bring to his attention a lesion on my lip. His advice, leave it alone and let it heal. By the time I'd gotten a referral to a derm (HMO you know) and got an appointment, I'd moved. He was just so happy I had quite smoking that he couldn't focus on my problem. I have had to go outside the HMO system to see a derm who correctly diagnosed the lesion as cancer and I'm paying for the surgery out of my own pocket. Also, several years ago I am of the opinion that a delayed/mis diagnosis caused my son undue pain until a referral to the proper specialist was obtained. He's ok on normal stuff but once it gets out of the norm, I would recommend that you watch out.
RID: 329055
26/05/07 4 3 5 He won't spend time with you but he knows what he is talking about, He has never been wrong and he cares, while acting sarcastic and he keeps telling me things and if I would listen i would probably be in better health.
RID: 251474
01/04/07 5 5 5 Listens and diagnoses well. Limits medications and does not seem to be influenced by drug company sales people. Generaly don't have to wait and feel that he spends the necessary time with me. Personally goes over test results and returns phone calls promptly.  Respond
RID: 239451
28/03/07 5 5 5 Great Doctor -- Have been to him for more than 20 years. He is always knowledgeable on the diagnosis, how to treat it and doesn't attempt to over-medicate. Sure, he has a little bit of a sarcastic humor but I do enjoy that about him. If I have any questions about any illnesses (either mine or a family member's), he is always willing to answer them. I'd recommend him without hesitation.  Respond
RID: 85903
15/01/07 5 5 4 I have been a patient of Dr Zamost for over 15 yrs and he has always been attentive and helpful for me. He listens believe me. He just doesn't suffer fools and tells you straight out if you shouldn't be there with something like a cold when there is no prescription for that. He may be a bit rough on the edges but he cares.  Respond
RID: 34400
03/07/06 1 1 1 His knowledge of medicine is POOR, his bedside manner is POOR and he has an abrasive personality.I have asked to have my records transfered to another doctor.
RID: 18552
08/12/05 5 5 5 He always makes himself available even in untimely situations. He also has such a GREAT Sense of Humor. Even when you're not feeling too good, he can put a smile on your face!
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 11461
29/08/05 5 5 5 Down to earth practioner whom I've been with for 17 years along with my kids since birth.When I worked in the hospital setting over 20 yrs ago, he was well respected by patients, peers and staff alike. That's why I selected him and have never regretted it for a moment.
Paid (or co-pay): $43