Dr. Michael C. Chase

Grad. Year: 1972

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 4 reviews. Dr. Michael C. Chase has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

22/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.5

04/07/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "SAN FRANCISCO" to "LARKSPUR", Med School changed from "New York Med Coll, Valhalla Ny 10595" to "New York Medical College"
RID: 758057
07/01/09 1 3 4 4 I agree with the comments from 2007. He's ok, didn't really engage with me but did what I needed. I'm ok with the "House" style doctor as long as they know what they are doing. I've lowered my expectations regarding bed side manner as service in general is in crisis these days. His receptionist is sweet, but a knuckle head, and I have left messages for appointments before with no call back, spent many minutes on hold, and once she snapped that she only talks to about 200 people per day. Seems they may need a little help. I really don't understand how doctors can leave their business success up to an inept reception desk.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 439466
05/11/07 1 1 3 4 Dr. Chase seems competent, but in seven years, I have met him once. Nurse practicioner Susan Sullivan is great -- but the administrative team is so inept that it takes WEEKS of voice-mail back-and-forth to schedule an appointment. Phone calls go automatically to an answering machine; calls take two days to return. They've hung up on me and forgotten to inform me when my appointment was canceled due to the doctor's family emergency. I've waited more than one hour routinely in the office. Despite pleasant experiences with Susan, I am finding another practicioner because of customer service problems.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 66252
07/12/06 5 5 5 It's been years since I moved from SF to Virginia. Still remember Chase and his outstanding service. Truly the best doctor I've ever been to. Gave me great comfort that he knows his stuff.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 11452
29/08/05 3 5 5 Excellent bedside manner - very helpful, knows of many conditions
Insurance: Pacificare