Rate Dr. R. Trent McKay

Dr. R. Trent McKay's Ratings

After 2 visits with Dr McKay, I was very disappointed in the results. There was no solution given to heal my shoulder/back pain and he asked me what would I like to see done. I was dumbfounded thinking your the doctor, I want to know what are my options to have my mobility in my shoulder restored. After payint $1000 for 2 visits and taking valuable time off of work, I decided to travel to Renton to find a provided that would take the time to explain the pain I am experiencing and provide a remedy. So disappointed that I wasted time with Dr Mckay who is overbooked and unable to provide proper one on one care.

Submitted June 19, 2014 | flag

I had been having bothering shoulder pain for years. I finally got a recommendation to go see Dr. Mckay from a friend who had a great result with surgery from him. He took time with me and explained every aspect of the surgery with drawings beforehand and made me feel comfotable. He fixed a tear in my rotator cuff using only a scope and took out my AC joint completely relieving my AC joint arthritis. My shoulder is now pain-free and fully functional!

Submitted April 10, 2014 | flag

Dr.McKay had some big shoes to fill when Dr Partlow retired as I was a patient of his for over 32 years. Since Dr.McKay taking over my care it has been one medical challenge after another and Dr.McKay has gone above and beyond anything I could have imagined a Dr. Doing to the point of saving my life. ... just by simply listening to me as a person and not just another number walking in the door. He has always addressed every situation with the utmost compassion and professionalism anyone could ever want and or hope for in a Dr. .I would also have to give his nurse Kristen a huge piece of recognition because she is such a huge part of his great success in the office with all of his patient. I truly believe in front of every great Dr is one awesome nurse. .. Thank you Kristen And thank you Dr.McKay for taking such great care of me

Submitted Aug. 29, 2013 | flag

This is a physician who not only listens, but actually hears what his patients are telling him and then reads between the lines before giving a diagnosis or treatment plan. Great follow up too - it is obvious Dr. McKay cares a lot about his patients.

Submitted Feb. 22, 2012 | flag

excellent repair on my sholder. Dr. McKay was very informative of what to exspect before operating.He went over sholder muscels and joint to be sure repair was complete. He was very informative with wife immediately after operating explained pictures of before and after and what to exspect and not to do while healing and rehabilation. I have recomened him to family and friends because of his excellent care.

Submitted Jan. 16, 2010 | flag

I had severe bursitis in both my shoulders. A couple of years ago, I had another orthopedic surgeon in town fix it in one shoulder using an open technique, and was in pain and rehabing it for months afterward. This time whn my other shoulder went bad, I went to Dr. McKay, who fixed it using tiny holes in my shoulder and a scope. I felt better within days, and was back to working full time and feeling 100% within 2 weeks. Huge difference - wish I would have gone to him for the first time too!!

Submitted May 27, 2009 | flag

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic. Great bedside manner, and wonderful surgeon. Even called my family daily to let them know how I was doing after surgery. You don't get that kind of servie with al ot of docs.

Submitted April 17, 2008 | flag