Rate Dr. Layne Kumetz

Dr. Layne Kumetz's Ratings

Great :-)

Submitted Aug. 22, 2014 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Kumetz by a top cardiologist, who said she was a wonderful GYN. I agree wholeheartedly. She is patient and caring, listens carefully and welcomes feedback about her office staff, office services and procedures she performs at outside surgical facilities. Dr. Kumetz strikes me as being extremely knowledgeable about her speciality and conservative about only ordering tests, medications and procedures necessary for optimal patient care. She obviously loves her work and has great compassion for her patients. I am in menopause and was a little hesitant to see a young GYN, wondering if she would understand or be interested in me. She has been fabulous from day one, put me at ease immediately and makes me feel as important as her younger OB patients. I am very happy that I found Dr. Kumetz and recommend her highly.

Submitted Nov. 3, 2011 | flag

I'm pregnant and have had nothing but a positive experience with the Dr. Kumetz. She returns calls promptly and is very accommodating. The staff goes above and beyond and actually drove to my house to deliver my glucose drink for my next appt. The entire staff seems knowledgeable and friendly.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2011 | flag

Dr. Kumetz has been my doctor for 6 yrs. In the last 2 years her service level has dropped to the worse ever. She uses strong arm tactics to increase her billable fees. i.e. If you had an exam last week, took blood & ultrasound tests received your results from the test provider, she will not review your results with you without forcing a face to face visit to increase her billable. Most Cedars doctors will review your results with you after recently seeing you. She will not change a recent prescription and increase the dose without another office visit, even if she wrote the script the day before. She can be very rude and nonresponsive. It takes days to get call backs for an appt or details regarding test results. She's a know it all, with very poor listening skills. She seems use to talking to children not adults. She has very poor customer service skills. Lookout she's an excessive biller! Her moto is do nothing w/o duplicating billing. Unresponsive staff!!!

Submitted May 2, 2011 | flag

Dr. Kumetz is by far, hands down the best Gynecologist in Los Angeles!

Submitted May 2, 2011 | flag

I had complications with bleeding and needed a lot of blood transfusions with my csection.I thought I was the only one but my cousin who is a nurse in delivery room in the hospital told me she has a lot of complications like this. So I don't think I am going back to her again with my next pregnancy.

Submitted April 14, 2011 | flag

Dr. Kumetz is by far the best gynecologist I've ever seen, and one of the friendliest, most knowledgeable doctors I've ever been to in general. I couldn't have a higher opinion of Dr. Kumetz.

Submitted April 6, 2011 | flag

I love her! From my first appointment, she has been amazing. She takes her time listening to you, doesn't rush you, explains things thoroughly. She helped me get pregnant, calmed me during my pregnancy, and made sure I delivered vaginally. She never tried to push a C-section, even though my labor was rough. I could not have asked for a better doctor for the birth of my son.

Submitted April 2, 2011 | flag

I want to tell you why I just dropped Dr. Kumetz as my Dr. She has a 72 hour policy for returning phone calls-fun when you have a yeast infection. But the real reason is because I went to see her a few months ago for my annual exam and to get BC. We decided together that I would try out something that would shorten my periods even though I was happy with what I had been on. After trying that for 3 months I was not happy and called the office to switch. They told me that the dr was out of town for 2 weeks and couldn’t do anything till she came back. I asked if another dr could just write the prescription. She told me this was impossible because the dr had to examen me again before switching my pills. I thought it was a misunderstanding since I had my annual exam a few months earlier, I have never in my life heard of something so ridiculous. I wanted to be switched back to my BC that I was happy with and I couldn’t do that without having another exam?????HORRIBLE!

Submitted March 17, 2011 | flag

Personally a nice and likeable person, but her follow-through is bad. She takes too many tests. Lost track of why she even took the test and never addressed my problem, but suggested I come back for another appointment. Even after a biopsy there is no call back as promised. Once a patient leaves a message, it takes days to get a return a call. Her staff has a different sense of timeline delivering information that was contradictory. The wait time in the office is long. I am going to let my primary doctor know that he gave me a crappy referral.

Submitted March 9, 2011 | flag