Rate Dr. Nalin J. Patel

Dr. Nalin J. Patel's Ratings

Im not sure how good of a doctor he is, but i set my appointment a month in advance in wesley chapel. Some how on the day of my appointment the staff tells me im supposed to be in Tampa ! Ok no problem until the staff calls that office and tells me the Physician at that office isnt available. (Pissed)...they can see me tomorrow...(hell no) i will find someone else...He could be a great doctor but has bad representation!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2436910].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

Dr. Patel is a lifesaver. My son had been miserable for three months. Another pediatric ENT told his father and I that he didn't need surgery. Dr. Patel did sinus surgery and now my son is himself again. What a knowledgeable, wonderful doctor. I will be forever grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][990056].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

Total pro in every way. Surgery center is exceptional, as is the surgeon. You can expect total competence, which is nice since that doesn't happen often. This guy and his team know what they're doing and I'm glad I trusted my son to them. Dr Patel met with me twice prior to the surgery and gave me the opportunity to ask questions both times before I sent my son with him. As I said, he's a pro. Recovery room was expertly staffed, no weak links in the chain. Well done.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][990055].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

My son Robert Kidder had been having trouble with his hearing since i can remember he had already had several sets of tubes with no luck He always had fluid behind the ear drums which interfered with his hearing. His right ear was so dull that almost all hearing was gone. We were referred to Dr.Nalin Patel our last hope. Robert had already went thru 3 surgeries "3 SETS OF TUBES" We went in met Dr. Patel and instantly we had hope again! He said he was going to do this procedure where he would go in put a screen in each ear and caulk it he said robert would hear snapping and popping at first. He just had a way about him that you knew he had your best intentions. I had never heard of it but i knew my son was in good hands . The screen did its job and drained all of the fluid! My son is now 10 years old can hear , speak like any other 10 year old! sometimes more! lol Thank you from the bottom of our hearts Dr. Patel!!! Sincerely; Adonia & Robert van kidder xoxo

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][990054].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2013

The absolute worst doctor's office experience ever. After only reaching an off- answering service for 3 days, I finally got through by telling them I would find a new ENT. Magically, somebody was available. After my first conversation and being transferred, I was on hold for over 20 minutes before being disconnected. when I was able to get back through, I was told that the person I was waiting for what in a clinical and could no longer speak to me. I said I would hold. after 5 more minutes on hold, 8 different person ask me who I was waiting for. I told them the name and they told me that she was on the phone and would be leaving right afterwards. needless to say I did not get a hold of the right person. if you choose to see doctor patel and I hope you don't, I pray you never need to talk to anyone after you leave the office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][990053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

Best ENT around. Excellent bedside manner. Really great with kids. One of the few Doctors that will actually return your phone call himself. Very personable, knowledgable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][990052].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2011

Dr. Patel is extremely good, but the office needs to speed it up a bit. The wait is usually over an hour at the Fletcher location.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][990051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2011

My daughter had a persistent ear infection that would not go away after being treated with multiple antibiotics. We were referred to Dr. Patel who suggested dietary changes (no more milk) and a steriod. He seemed more focused on getting my 11 month old child off of milk based formula than he did about her ears. After getting a 2nd opinion I learned that seriods are contraindicated for middle ear infections and should not have been prescribed. Also, Dr. Patel is notorious for suggesting that his patients remove milk from their diet (it's like he has a vendetta against milk). Our new ENT explained that the problem is ear mechanics. The persistent infection is due to trapped fluid in the middle ear that cannot drain. Steriod and milk will not make trapped fluid drain, only time or surgery will. I will never use Dr. Patel again and would not recommend him either. Seeing him was a waste of time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][990050].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

Dr. Patel and his assistant, Claudia, are extremely knowledgeable, professional, and caring. They both listen very well and answer questions in simple, clear terms. They always made room for my son when he needed emergency visits (always on Friday!) and always take time to answer my questions. Dr. Patel has a very logical approach to treatment and will work to identify the source of the problem rather than jumping into uneccessary surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][990049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

As a pediatric ICU RN I can tell you he is the absolute BEST PEDI ENT ever!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][990048].votes_count ]]