Rate Dr. Edward Paloyan

Dr. Edward Paloyan's Ratings

When I saw Dr. Paloyan he told me that he did not need to see the test results and diagnosed me as hypothyroid. After being put on medication, I called him with increased fatigue and weight gain of 15 lbs in less than 3 months. He said I was getting older and he heard this from women - I was only 48. He changed my medication four times,increasing dosage over the phone. On my appointment, my resting heart rate soared to 110 and the nodules multiplied. His staff was frantic when they checked my blood pressure and heart rate and he told me I wouldn't last much longer like this. We parted ways but he made a permanent mark on my life. Unfortunately I cannot undo what happened but I warn anyone to trust this doctor other than his being a surgeon. His license should be revoked, and his daughter specialized in sleep apnea at his office - a common side effect. I hope you consider a professional and walk away from his treatments.

Submitted May 15, 2014 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Paloyan since early 2000 and was very pleased with the outcome of my diagnosis with him that was mis-diagnosed by a previous Dr. and I can not express how grateful I am to him for that. I do have to agree with some of the comments about him not listening to what you say about how you feel. I am tired of him telling me I am getting older. The thyroid is a tiny organ that controls so much and without one and relying on a pill I don't always feel is enough. My levels are fine but what about what my body is saying?? Is there something else that I should be doing:( I have been tired and have had no energy and suffer from depression since I had my thyroid removed. I wish there was a transplant!!

Submitted Sept. 25, 2013 | flag

I stopped going to Dr. Paloyan because I felt he was not listening to my symptoms and issues I had related to my hypothyroidism. I was very disappointed seeing that he got such good reviews here. The office staff is really unpleasant. After you see the doctor you are sent to see the billing department at which time they try to get money from you. I had a big issue with incorrect billing to insurance I brought in all the insurance paperwork but in the end I ended up paying what they wanted, which was incorrect. I had to take blood tests every few months which gets to be really expensive even with insurance. The thyroid medicine the doctor gave me is expensive and hard to get. The pharmacist even questioned why he would be prescribing this particular medicine. I decided not to return after approximately a year and now am monitored by my regular internal medicine doctor.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2013 | flag

Dr. Paloyan has handled my hypothyrodism for the past 5 years and he is a fantastic doctor. He is caring, he listens, he explains everything in detail until you understand it. He regularly does bone density tests and biopsies of my thyroid which has some cysts. I absolutely love him. The woman that runs the front desk, however, is horrible. She is rude, abrupt, nasty. I'm sure she has worked there a long time but she has certainly lost the love of her job. It is time for her to go. She is extremely rude on the phone as well.

Submitted June 4, 2013 | flag

Sad is my major comment - i read all these others but i did not have this experience and i've been going for several years. He completely ignores anything i say about how i feel, he only checks my levels once a year even if i change meds or dosage - never ever checked bone density and i'm in menopause. he refused to discuss how i have no energy and my bones hurt, i started getting broken bones, my eyes lids were swelling, weight gain...he said the levels were fine and i didn't need anything else. SOOOOOO DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!

Submitted May 31, 2013 | flag

Went to 3 docs. All said my TSH was fine. Then, one thyroid dr, who gave me synthroid. still felt like crap. Dr. Paloyan told me synthroid is not good, gave me new med, higher dose, another med for energy. and, ultra sound tests, watches my bone density/free samples every visit, nice ladies at the desk too.

Submitted May 13, 2013 | flag

Dr. Payloyan is a wonderful doctor - they don't make them like this anymore. I went there with a slightly abnormal TSH reading but told him I wanted to get pregnant soon and he immediately gave me a plan of attack. I had no idea your thyroid could cause infertility. I sit here almost 6 months pregnant (got pregnant naturally) and he continues to keep my thyroid in check. Wonderful bedside manner. Great staff. It takes awhile to get an appointment but it's only because he's in such high demand. Worth the wait.

Submitted May 2, 2013 | flag

Having a long history of thyroid issues and being a patient of a fair number of endocrinologist, I can certainly say that I had the opportunity to meet a unique Doctor. He is a professional with extensive and proven knowledge based on a great experience and long years of practice, brilliant approach to a patient's problem, very good explanations of all details, and moreover, wonderful ability to present and discuss the complexity of the thyroid and its connection to so many different processes and functions in our bodies. No other doctor has given me a better overview and in-depth explanation of my problem (hypothyroidism and thyroid nodule, in addition severe PMS ~PMDD, etc). There is a very strong and important relationship between thyroid, hormonal balance and fluctuations, bone density, heart rate and many others. He was the first to discuss my lab results with me in such detail. Dr. Paloyan is not only an expert in his field but also person with a wonderful heart! Thank you.

Submitted May 2, 2013 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Paloyan since 2003. The staff is friendly, caring, and always punctual. The doctor makes you feel important and really listens. Excellent care, I feel so much better since seeing him. Great doctor.

Submitted March 28, 2013 | flag

I am a new patient to Dr. Paloyan and was very happy with him. He spent time with me and listened along with going through my labs. I finally feel like I'm getting proper treatment for my thyroid issues! I saw two doctors prior to Dr. Paloyan who looked only at TSH and pronounced me "normal" and sent me home, even with the awful symptoms I had. I have a needle biopsy scheduled and a follow-up appt to re-check my labs. I did wait 3 weeks for an appt, but that's not too concerning given that I've heard of other doctors with wait lists of 6-9 months. All in all, I'm super happy with Dr. Paloyan and highly recommend him.

Submitted June 15, 2012 | flag