Dr. Edward Paloyan

Grad. Year: 1956

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 05/12/11    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 20 reviews. Dr. Edward Paloyan has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: how old is Dr. Paloyan?    Email me    Answer it    See answers

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5479455

15/05/14 4 4 1 1 When I saw Dr. Paloyan he told me that he did not need to see the test results and diagnosed me as hypothyroid. After being put on medication, I called him with increased fatigue and weight gain of 15 lbs in less than 3 months. He said I was getting older and he heard this from women - I was only 48. He changed my medication four times,increasing dosage over the phone. On my appointment, my resting heart rate soared to 110 and the nodules multiplied. His staff was frantic when they checked my blood pressure and heart rate and he told me I wouldn't last much longer like this. We parted ways but he made a permanent mark on my life. Unfortunately I cannot undo what happened but I warn anyone to trust this doctor other than his being a surgeon. His license should be revoked, and his daughter specialized in sleep apnea at his office - a common side effect. I hope you consider a professional and walk away from his treatments.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2876910
25/09/13 2 3 3 4 I have been a patient of Dr. Paloyan since early 2000 and was very pleased with the outcome of my diagnosis with him that was mis-diagnosed by a previous Dr. and I can not express how grateful I am to him for that. I do have to agree with some of the comments about him not listening to what you say about how you feel. I am tired of him telling me I am getting older. The thyroid is a tiny organ that controls so much and without one and relying on a pill I don't always feel is enough. My levels are fine but what about what my body is saying?? Is there something else that I should be doing:( I have been tired and have had no energy and suffer from depression since I had my thyroid removed. I wish there was a transplant!!  Respond
RID: 2757460
08/08/13 2 4 2 2 I stopped going to Dr. Paloyan because I felt he was not listening to my symptoms and issues I had related to my hypothyroidism. I was very disappointed seeing that he got such good reviews here. The office staff is really unpleasant. After you see the doctor you are sent to see the billing department at which time they try to get money from you. I had a big issue with incorrect billing to insurance I brought in all the insurance paperwork but in the end I ended up paying what they wanted, which was incorrect. I had to take blood tests every few months which gets to be really expensive even with insurance. The thyroid medicine the doctor gave me is expensive and hard to get. The pharmacist even questioned why he would be prescribing this particular medicine. I decided not to return after approximately a year and now am monitored by my regular internal medicine doctor.
RID: 2669992
04/06/13 2 5 5 5 Dr. Paloyan has handled my hypothyrodism for the past 5 years and he is a fantastic doctor. He is caring, he listens, he explains everything in detail until you understand it. He regularly does bone density tests and biopsies of my thyroid which has some cysts. I absolutely love him. The woman that runs the front desk, however, is horrible. She is rude, abrupt, nasty. I'm sure she has worked there a long time but she has certainly lost the love of her job. It is time for her to go. She is extremely rude on the phone as well.
RID: 2667631
31/05/13 4 2 1 2 Sad is my major comment - i read all these others but i did not have this experience and i've been going for several years. He completely ignores anything i say about how i feel, he only checks my levels once a year even if i change meds or dosage - never ever checked bone density and i'm in menopause. he refused to discuss how i have no energy and my bones hurt, i started getting broken bones, my eyes lids were swelling, weight gain...he said the levels were fine and i didn't need anything else. SOOOOOO DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!
Paid (or co-pay): $500
RID: 2647255
13/05/13 4 4 5 5 Went to 3 docs. All said my TSH was fine. Then, one thyroid dr, who gave me synthroid. still felt like crap. Dr. Paloyan told me synthroid is not good, gave me new med, higher dose, another med for energy. and, ultra sound tests, watches my bone density/free samples every visit, nice ladies at the desk too.
RID: 2638501
02/05/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Payloyan is a wonderful doctor - they don't make them like this anymore. I went there with a slightly abnormal TSH reading but told him I wanted to get pregnant soon and he immediately gave me a plan of attack. I had no idea your thyroid could cause infertility. I sit here almost 6 months pregnant (got pregnant naturally) and he continues to keep my thyroid in check. Wonderful bedside manner. Great staff. It takes awhile to get an appointment but it's only because he's in such high demand. Worth the wait.
RID: 2638093
02/05/13 5 5 5 5 Having a long history of thyroid issues and being a patient of a fair number of endocrinologist, I can certainly say that I had the opportunity to meet a unique Doctor. He is a professional with extensive and proven knowledge based on a great experience and long years of practice, brilliant approach to a patient's problem, very good explanations of all details, and moreover, wonderful ability to present and discuss the complexity of the thyroid and its connection to so many different processes and functions in our bodies. No other doctor has given me a better overview and in-depth explanation of my problem (hypothyroidism and thyroid nodule, in addition severe PMS ~PMDD, etc). There is a very strong and important relationship between thyroid, hormonal balance and fluctuations, bone density, heart rate and many others. He was the first to discuss my lab results with me in such detail. Dr. Paloyan is not only an expert in his field but also person with a wonderful heart! Thank you.
RID: 2602266
28/03/13 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Paloyan since 2003. The staff is friendly, caring, and always punctual. The doctor makes you feel important and really listens. Excellent care, I feel so much better since seeing him. Great doctor.
RID: 2253567
15/06/12 5 5 5 5 I am a new patient to Dr. Paloyan and was very happy with him. He spent time with me and listened along with going through my labs. I finally feel like I'm getting proper treatment for my thyroid issues! I saw two doctors prior to Dr. Paloyan who looked only at TSH and pronounced me "normal" and sent me home, even with the awful symptoms I had. I have a needle biopsy scheduled and a follow-up appt to re-check my labs. I did wait 3 weeks for an appt, but that's not too concerning given that I've heard of other doctors with wait lists of 6-9 months. All in all, I'm super happy with Dr. Paloyan and highly recommend him.
RID: 1485745
13/07/11 5 5 5 5 I love Dr. Paloyan!! He has been around for a long time and knows his stuff! He takes very good care of me! We should all consider ourselves very lucky to have him! His whole staff id wonderful. I'm going to just be crushed when he decides to retire!!!
RID: 1350665
31/01/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Paloyan is a wonderful doctor and knows what he is doing with out a doubt.
RID: 1329085
06/01/11 5 5 5 5 I was very impressed the skill and thoroughness of this doctor. Highly recommend him.
RID: 1217282
28/07/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Paloyan is the most caring Doctor I have ever met. He is so good at diagnosing the problem right away. You feel so safe knowing he is taking care of you.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1190823
16/06/10 4 4 5 5 I will concur with other positive comments. Dr. Paloyan is top notch and very thorough with fine tuning numbers and staying on top of nodules with potential growth.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 820713
08/03/09 5 5 5 5 He is the definitive compassionate, caring doctor of old. There will never be another doctor like him. He most likely will retire soon due to age and I feel very fortunate he's been my endo doctor for the past 11 years. A privilege to know him.
RID: 815012
05/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Paloyan is fabulous, great surgeon, wonderful bedside manner
RID: 561085
08/04/08 4 4 5 5 If you have any kind of thyroid issue or suspect you might have one, you couldn't find a better doctor in the area than Dr. Paloyan. A lot of doctors just look at your TSH score. Dr. Paloyan is a lot more thorough by doing a complete thyroid panel and an ultrasound to see what your thyroid actually looks like. By doing this, he catches a lot of thyroid problems that other doctors miss. He also has a wonderful personality and takes the time to explain everything to you. The only downside is that because he is good at what he does, there can be a bit of a wait to get an appointment with him.
RID: 405955
23/08/05 5 5 5 During my visit I felt that I was treated very well.I would absolutely recommend this doctor to my family and friends.  I felt this visit was an amazing success!Overall I would rate this visit : outstanding!  Respond
RID: 405954
03/03/05 5 5 5 DURING MY TREATMENT FOR AUTOIMMUNE HASHIMOTO/'S THYROIDITIS, TUMORS BEGAN TO ENLARGE AND BLOOD WORK AND BIOPSY INDICATED CHANGES. PARTIAL THYROIDECTOMY WAS RECOMMENDED. I WENT TO ANOTHER ENDO DR AND TRIED TO GET A 2ND OPINION. THE 2ND DR WAS VERBALLY ABUSIVE TOWARD DR. PALOYAN AND TOLD ME HE WAS TOO AGGRESSIVE IN TREATMENT. HE REVIEWED MY ENTIRE MEDICAL FILE AND STILL DID NOT CONCUR RE SURGERY. HE WANTED ME TO OBTAIN FOR HIM THE ACTUAL SLIDE OF THE BIOPSY (WE ALL KNOW HOW POSSIBLE THAT IS). I CALLED 2ND DR/'S OFFICE SEVERAL TIMES AND HE NEVER GOT BACK TO ME. DATE OF SURGERY ARRIVED AND I UNDERWENT A SUCCESSFUL PROCEDURE. THERE WAS CANCER FOUND. IT HAD NOT SPREAD. TODAY I AM STILL SEEING DR. PALOYAN AND VERY HAPPY WITH ALL FACETS OF HIS TREATMENT.  Respond